What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/29/20 3:54 am, edited 3/29/20 4:02 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I had a really nice day yesterday! I was active and productive and it felt good. I cleaned the house (again!), cleaned and vacuumed my car (which is generally like a rolling trash pit), set up my new Cricult, and went for a gorgeous walk through nature paths and along a pond with swans. And while I was doing all of that, Grim ripped out part of the wall in the family room and made new cabinet built-ins! He was so incredibly fast--I think he is keeps at it today they will be ready for paining tonight or tomorrow! Pics to come--it's incredible!

Today I think I am going to pull on a mask and gloves and head to a grocery store for my mother. She had a grocery order set for pick-up, but they canceled because they told her Instacart workers are going on strike. I hadn't heard that... But anyway, no groceries, and she is terrified to go out. She and my dad are over 70 and my dad is in terrible health. He absolutely wouldn't live through this if he got sick, so she is scared to get exposed. Anyway, I will go and be her delivery person. Maybe I can just stand in her garage and she can be in the house and we can "visit", too. I miss them a lot!

Accountability: So it was a good/active day, but I literally don't think I ate one thing I planned? The second I hit send on this post yesterday, Grim brought me bacon. I ended up improvising a quick lunch so that I could get out on my walk, and then he made burgers for dinner. Also, when Grim was moving things around to make the cabinets, he found the super secret stash of candy I was hiding for desperate days in the apocalypse. So we also had a Cadbury Eggs each ;) Anyway, I will try to be more menu compliant today!

QOTD: When you take off sneakers, do you untie them first, or pull them off without untying? I never, ever untie first!

I'm not making a dinner plan, yet. The pizza plan may be back on...? If not I will probably finish off the Black Bean Salad that I have ben eating all week!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/29/20 5:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! You are a good daughter! I've been thinking about my DS and how paranoid he is about me and my SIL getting covid-19. He is a bit anxious at any time, but he did lose his Dad just a few months ago so that probably makes him even more nervous.

QOTD: I never untie my sneakers before I take them off - I always have to do that to put them on in the morning.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover eggplant parmigiana

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 3/29/20 7:05 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good son, but you are way younger than he realizes.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

MadisonRose
on 3/29/20 6:10 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Well I stuck to my plan yesterday even with going to my parents house for a visit with all the temptations. I brought my carrot sticks to munch on and a premier shake in case I got hungry. However, mom offered me a cheese stick which I did eat. I was even able to get in some exercise while I was there. They live out in the country on a lot of acreage so I took a long brisk walk around and visited with all the livestock. It was good to get out of the house after being cooped up all week. I am a little disappointed though because I have been very strict with calorie counting the past couple days and making sure I did not go over , but when I got on the scale this morning I was up a pound. Ugh! Hoping it's jus****er weight since I did drink a ton yesterday....more than usual. Still frustrating though!

QOTD: If I am in a hurry (which is pretty much all the time!) then I take them off without untying first. The only time I wear sneakers is when I am working out and I normally can't wait to get them off after and hop in the shower.

B: Coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer, 2 eggs scrambled with 1 turkey sausage patty

L: tuna and carrot sticks

D: Leftover venison steak with mushrooms and veggies

S: L&F yogurt w/banana or a premier shake

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 3/29/20 6:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning!

we are going to go out for groceries too. Hoping they have eggs but not counting on it.

yesterday food was ok. I had a low carb tortilla towards bed time and a little to much cheese but it could of been way way worse! I had to make brownies yesterday for my brother and his kids who came over. I had a small piece and no more. That's a win for me...I love brownies!

i slept really poorly as usual.

qotd:always take em off without untying.

breakfast is all I've got planned. Will fill in more in an edit later.

b:oatmeal with cinnamon and almond milk

Sheila_H
on 3/29/20 6:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

You know what? People are fundamentally good. About a week ago, there was a posting on our town's FB group to make a couple of the book exchange cabinets into pantry exchange. We typically have a couple of boxes in town (in different spots) that are for free book exchanges. You leave a book or you take a book. Totally grassroot and not monitored by anybody. Anyway, last week somebody suggested to make it a pantry for those who need food. Yesterday I stopped by to drop some food and this is what I found. There was no room! Needless to say my heart felt so full and I sobbed my eyes out all the way home. I'll wait till it has room to drop my food donation.

I'm sure you all have seen all those singing Italians on the balconies and think what a great community. But I can tell you if there was a free food pantry in any town in Italy somebody would have raided it by now, whether they needed it or not. Just a different culture. That's why I was sobbing, because you Americans are kind and good at heart.

JB - my heart goes out to older folks that are terrified to go to grocery stores. I've seen so many pics of ppl visiting through the glass that when you said you might visit them while in the garage it brought tears to my eyes. Virtual hugs to you all.

QOTD: I never untie before taking them off.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Protein coffee
  • L: 4 turkey links + hb egg
  • S: 3 cracked pepper snack sticks - I call them poopoo sticks ;)
  • D: vegetarian mushu + Kung pao chicken
  • E: 4.5 miles jog

Happy Sunday!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 3/29/20 7:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

That's a great idea, Sheila. We have a lot of little libraries in our town also, I wonder if they have done that.

When I was in Italy two years ago, I kept hearing about how they were trying to get Italian Americans to move back. Understanding the age demographic better, it makes sense now.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/29/20 7:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

No kidding. Aside from the money infusion (have you heard about these towns that are selling homes for $1?) they need younger people. My brother was telling me after this is over people will come out if it completely changed. He was referring to our culture and how we behave daily. It is so foreign for a warm culture to all of a sudden be ordered to stay in and not hug or kiss.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Patty R.
on 3/29/20 12:12 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Greateight
on 3/29/20 6:59 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

The Plyo Box project went well yesterday. Marilyn helped out and it took us about 3 and 1/2 hours to fini**** including a fairly vigorous cleaning of the garage by Marilyn between cutting and assembly. It was about $55 for plywood, wood screws and glue. I will post pictures on Friday.

I think that DD will hear from the hospital about her boyfriend's Dad's test results tomorrow. She said that her boyfriend had a fever yesterday. Even though she is young and healthy, this is definitely a source of stress.

I did 18 unbroken double under, so that cheered me up a little yesterday. And my youngest son is tiring of sloth life. He has asked to be woken in the morning and is trying to think of ways to get exercise. Why doesn't he just do what either his Mom or Dad are doing, you ask?

Today is mostly reading, I think. Marilyn has a 10:00 cardio tennis drill on Facebook, so she has been looking forward to that for hours.

QOTD: Never untie.

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Tenderloin

Snack: nuts

Dinner: Probs leftover tenderloin

Have a great day, all!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 438 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views