What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 5/6/20 7:57 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi JB and everyone! I am in a bit of a funk myself, JB, so I hear you. It's gray and rainy, the news said we may deal with variations of COVID for decades, RGB had to be hospitalized, and I'm just feeling a little helpless. Work is INSANE as we try to spend our entire budget before it gets taken away. Ugh.

Funny QOTD because I am not a big eggs person and NEVER eat the scrambled eggs big breakfast I make Kris and the kids. I am team Ever Roast for breakfast. But, I am out of Ever Roast, so today I hard-boiled some eggs to mash up with cottage cheese (Emiepie egg salad for the win!) and when I peeled them, they were NOT hard-boiled. I had done 7, so after peeling 2, I reboiled them. No idea if that is going to fix the other 5. So right now I am eating this weird soft-boiled egg yolk mashed into my cottage cheese. I disguised the weirdness with lots of Everything But the Bagel seasoning.

B: see above

L: Leftover taco Tuesday/Cinco de Mayo ground turkey meat, cheese, sour cream, salsa

D: Crabcakes for the win!

E: It's gray, it's rainy, I am down...so who knows. Le sigh...I gotta get myself out of this funk.

Have a fabulous day, everyone!

Theduffman27
on 5/6/20 11:02 am
VSG on 11/19/14

The egg sounds delicious! LOL, I love eggs and like them soft boiled.....

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Julia S.
on 5/6/20 8:07 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I'm with Grim on this, I haven't eaten just eggs in years. When I did eat them it was scrambled with ketchup or a cheese omelette with ketchup. You see a theme here, the ketchup masked the taste of the eggs. I used to have chickens and I gave all of the eggs away, I just liked having the chickens.

I've had this real jerk I've been dealing with at work. I've had to get legal involved since he does not understand what I keep telling him. Now he has my cell phone number, I'm thinking I will need to block him if this continues. I've had to talk to him a couple of times and it just makes me angry. I try not to take it personal but it's difficult to do. The sad thing is he's taking way too much of my time. I have so many other things that I should be doing. I finally got access to one of the programs I need for work, my email still isn't moved to the new name and our group emails only go to the contractors at the moment. The other list is for employees who are all on the new email.

One of the other contractors called us DDRC (damn dirty rotten contractors) which is what we feel like a lot of the time. They need us to function since there are almost 3 times as many contractors as employees, but we are still contractors. Sad to say this just makes me want to retire. If I could I would, my health insurance is the biggest hit and I just couldn't afford it on just social security and my pension from my previous job. I haven't had a vacation in 4 1/2 years, no PTO equates to no vacation. The one I did attempt to take 5 days at Disneyland was interrupted by the virus, and all I did was fly down there, get soaked turn around an fly back and not get home really late, up for almost 24 hours. It was not a very relaxing day, and definitely not a vacation.

We are still supposed to be "sheltering in place" but I've noticed that there is more and more traffic. I'm beginning to doubt that people are taking this seriously. Oregon has 2759 cases and 109 deaths, but considering the population of the Portland Metro area is in excess of a million people that really isn't too bad. We had 2 days with no new deaths, but it didn't last. They are going to open a few of the State Parks for day use only and it is all dependent on peoples behavior. If they act stupid they will close them again. I don't know that there will ever be a "normal" again.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 10:28 am

I've heard that more people are out as well... I have not been one of them, I hear it from my husband who has to go into work every day. I don't understand why things are opening if the threat is still there... I wish people would take things seriously.

How did the guy get your cell number? That seems to be borderline harassment if he continues to call you on your personal line if it's business-related. Sorry you are having to go through that

Julia S.
on 5/6/20 11:12 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

To work from home I'm required to have my office phone forwarded to my cell. So when I call someone back my cell number shows up. It really ticks me off that I have to use my personal cell for business as I am not reimbursed for it, and with no more tax deductions for unreimbursed business expenses it's all on my dime. The pains of being a contractor.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 11:36 am

I totally get your frustration! Any chance your organization can use Ring Central or another phone system? Or, can you block your number from being displayed?

Laura in Texas
on 5/6/20 12:26 pm

Can you use a google voice number to call back for work calls? I use google voice for work calls on my phone.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Queen JB
on 5/6/20 11:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, only 109 deaths in the whole state?? Our tiny little state has had 4100... :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 5/6/20 4:03 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I kind of figured people would get tired of this after three or four weeks and start pushing the envelope - which, they have. And it's too early for some of these states to open - yet, some of them are. I guess we'll see what happens. At least my state is staying closed for now. I'll sit in my house and watch it from afar...

as far as normal, they say things won't seem normal again until we have a vaccine or until at least 60-80% of the population has been exposed and is (theoretically anyway) immune. But we're still a long way from either one of those. Eighteen months may be optimistic. It's not terribly encouraging.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 10:22 am

Breakfast: I tried the Pizza Egg Mug recipe that was shared on OH a few days ago... it was delicious! BUT I was a rebel and cooked it in a bowl...

Snack: String Cheese & Strawberries... and Fishy crackers throughout the day since I've snacked on some already

Lunch: Leftover sloppy joe meat in a bowl (ground beef)

Dinner: We are doing Taco Tuesday a day late and smoking Carne Asada on our Traeger, I'll be making Spanish rice and black beans with avocado and a sprinkle of cheese...

Dessert: Sugar-Free Chocolate pudding and strawberries

Did vacuuming this morning before work and made sure our girls had different things to play with since we have watched a lot of (educational) TV, but had to bring out the instruments, playdough and legos!

QOTD: any way prepared... I love eggs, though they didn't love me initially... it was something I had to wait to try since right after my surgery, my body was not a fan. (I like Grimm's use of eggs, in baking!!)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views