Scales and beef jerky?

Melody P.
on 5/9/20 1:35 pm - Amarillo, TX

First part is what smart scale do y'all recommend? I have the money available for a nice one but want to know which one works for you and why.

second part...I'm looking for beef jerky that isn't spicy...not even a little spicy. The acid seems to go a bit crazy with most. I like tillamook zero sugar kind but even the original is a bit to spicy. It may be a fool's errand due to salt content but I'm hoping someone out there has one they can recommend.

thanks so much!

Laura in Texas
on 5/9/20 1:57 pm

I have the Withings Body Cardio ($150) and a much less expensive Renpho from Amazon ($40 now but I think I paid $25). I actually like the Renpho better. Both give me the same weight. The other measurements are a little different, but they both show the same fluctuations over time.

I had the fitbit one but returned it because it would not cooperate with my router. I did research and this seems to be a common problem. I have not had any problems with my Withings or Renpho.

I had to get a second smart scale because my daughter stole my Withings

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lisa91941
on 5/9/20 7:08 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

I like the JackLink sugar free jerky. I'm pretty sensitive to spice too and this one seems very mild to me. Good luck!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

MadisonRose
on 5/10/20 7:00 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I have a Renpho scale. It worked for me initially, but then it started not syncing with my phone and then it just stopped working completely and I only had it for a couple months. So I resorted back to my regular scale. It's disappointing because I really liked the smart scale because I could see my progress. Debating on whether or not I should save up some money for a really nice one, but I'm kind of skeptical now. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice scale and maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad one.

As for beef jerky I like the jacks links teriyaki flavor, but I rarely eat it anymore. I used to love beef jerky, but I don't care for it much anymore. It also seems to trigger my migraines so I try to stay away from it.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

dcbrown3
on 5/11/20 7:22 am

Have you ever tried making your own jerky? You would know the ingredients and could tailor the spices to your preference.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/11/20 10:42 am

I got a scale from Fit Track. A friend of mine attended the conference this past year and shared a code from one of their handouts so I got it for $60... really love it. It breaks down everything to my phone.

As we speak, I am munching on Turkey Jerky from Kirkland. Not spicy at all.

dcbrown3
on 5/11/20 11:40 am

Have you ever made your own jerky? It's easy to do and this way you'll know the ingredients in it and can flavor it your preference.

Julia S.
on 5/11/20 1:51 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I have the Renpho scale I got it on Amazon for less than $40, my NP from the WLS clinic said it's as accurate as theirs is. It's worked fine for me.

For awhile I was eating a ton of Ahi Jerky, expensive and lots of salt and sugar. I don't eat nearly as much now, but it's definitely spicy. I don't know about Beef my roommate likes the Tillamook Teriyaki, and there is another brand he gets at Costco, sorry I don't know what it is.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?