What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/11/20 2:58 am, edited 5/11/20 4:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Monday, Gang!

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend :) I really did! It was a nice recharge to the rough week I had. I did a lot of fun crafts for Mother's Day on Saturday, then had a very socially distanced visit to celebrate on Sunday. Here is a pic of mom with a few of her handmade gifts (bag, t-shirt and wreath):

So, FYI... I started taking Claratin and Flonaise and I really do feel better!! I guess it was allergies that were making me feel so tired and yucky!? I am still dealing with GERD but if I can get that under control, I should be all the way back to myself. Yay!

Accountability: Not great. Too many Mother's Day treats. But I have been good about exercise. The running series I am doing has really ramped up and gotten more intense. Its nice to feel challenged and feel accomplished when I do something new!

QOTD: What is a product that was discontinued that you wish they would release again? I can think of two things from Trader Joe's that don't seem to exist anymore: Ginger Mints (I loved those!), and the jar of Pesto & Quinoa--for years I used to mix in a little with plain chicken for a tasty lunch. I also miss a pair of pants from target that they had for years and years and used to release in zillions of colors. They fit me so well!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 5/11/20 3:38 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! We had a nice relaxing weekend. We booked for a company to come and re-mulch our flower beds today, and walked around and around our house to identify our final warranty items for our 1 year cosmetic warranty that is due soon. I completed my final paper for class and now I have a new class starting today. It's a 15 week course crammed into 12 days, so I'll be super busy getting all those assignments done! This class requires video discussion posts and a video introductory post. I'm not really a huge fan of the idea of talking to a screen without any feedback, so we'll see how that goes.

QOTD: I don't actually shop much at Trader Joe's but I love their lemon ricotta cheese and their Halloumi cheese and since I'm not there weekly or even monthly I always seem to miss the season. Also, did you know that some McDonald's no longer serve hot fudge sundaes on the $1 menu? Once during quarantine I took the kids for some ice cream at McDonald's and was told they no longer make them. WHAT happened while I was losing weight?!

My Food:

• Coffee w/ cream x2
  • Eggs, Sausage, Sweetpotatoes
  • Turkey, Cheese, Pickles
  • Salmon & Brussel Sprouts

I can't wait for grocery delivery to go back to normal. I paid $99 for Walmart delivery for a year, and when I called a couple weeks ago to complain about issues they pretty much told me that they had been removed the ability to do anything about complaints. No promo codes, no refunds. So, I'm stuck with another 9 months of this if I want to get my money's worth. Yesterday they were 2 hours late for the window I chose, and they no longer substitute for pretty much anything. I had ordered a 24oz package of bacon and they simply called it out of stock instead of subbing two smaller packages. They didn't sub the brand for my chopped frozen onions either. But, they did sub my breakfast sausage to the Vermont Maple flavor

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Emiepie
on 5/11/20 6:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I paid the annual membership with Instacart so we still are doing a Walmart pick up every 2-3 weeks and that seems to be okay for the most part. Funny you mention the Vermont maple sausage, that is the ones my daughter eats so we have the turkey and those always in the freezer.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 5/11/20 4:14 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! This weekend was nice, but busy. Not my normal weekend of lounging around. Ate like crap yesterday! My brother and I decided to have a quick brunch together before we headed over to moms to take her the cake for Mother's Day and spend some time with her outside since the weather was so nice. Well our plan didn't work out too well as we were going to order food to take back to my place to eat since of course you can't dine in the restaurants. The restaurant we had decided on took forever to get through to and when I finally did they said they were too overwhelmed with orders that they were not taking anymore orders for pick up. So we ordered from another restaurant and once we got there to pick up our food had to wait for 2+ hours on it. We finally got our food at like 1:30. Good thing I had my premier shake early that morning. So note to self....never order food on Mother's Day during a pandemic! Everyone had the same idea. Now I have 3 days worth of breakfast food in my fridge because I only took 3 bites of my blueberry pancakes, a bite of scrambled eggs and a bite of the turkey sausage. Gave most of the leftovers to my brother to take home, but still have a ton left. Also had a taste of my moms cake. So yeah, that was my healthy meal plan of the day....NOT!

Today it's back on track! I may try to finish the eggs and sausage today because I just hate wasting food, but I think I'm gonna throw out the pancakes because what the heck was I thinking ordering those anyway? I was soo craving them because I hadn't had them in forever, but after trying them I felt sick. Lesson learned! On the bright side I am finally losing again! Lost the few extra pounds I had put on plus six extra ounces.

QOTD: I know there are things that would be useful to me now that I'm just not thinking about, but all I can come up with are things from when I was a kid that I don't see in stores anymore. Food and drinks that I am not even supposed to have anymore. Lots of candy etc. One thing that I remember that my brother and I were obsessed with and would always beg our mom for when we'd go grocery shopping with her was those Orbitz drinks. The pretty ones that had the little colorful balls in them. They didn't even taste all that great, but were pretty to look at. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/ Splenda X 2 and maybe those scrambled eggs and turkey sausage in fridge

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked chicken and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt and fresh strawberries

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/20 4:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We drove by a few places with huge takeout lines yesterday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/20 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's great that you had a recharge this weekend.

SIL and I had a really good Mother's Day dinner last night - I had cobia which is a firm white fish which seemed similar to halibut. It was fantastic and I have leftovers tonight. Just 3 more full days here in Florida and the weather will be beautiful so I want to do a beach day either today or tomorrow (Wednesday will be moving lanai furniture into the garage and packing).

QOTD: That's a tough question because I know there is stuff that I hated finding replacements for at times but can't remember any specifics! I do wish coffeemate would keep their pumpkin spice SF creamer available all year. I love pumpkin spice flavor and can get the coffee flavored that way but I like it even more with the creamer.

TSS: 4 years, 1 month

B: Coffee! Eggs, black beans, cheese and salsa

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover cobia, broccoli and cauliflower

S: bean salad, blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 5/11/20 5:12 am - Brighton, IL

I agree on the pumpkin spice creamer. I love that flavor and drink the coffee year round.

karenp8
on 5/11/20 4:53 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. QOTD I've got nothing. Not enough coffee to formulate an answer yet. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz ground beef with cheese and grilled peppers and onions. I need to focus on fluids again today and get my 100 ounces in. Stay safe and have a great day full of healthy choices everyone! Pic from our walk this am. Not as pretty as Arkansas but proof that I was up and moving!

Theduffman27
on 5/11/20 5:12 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu crew. Joddie is still not feeling well so she is going in for covid test this morning, she does not have a fever. Hoping for the best. We had a good weekend. Picked up some hanging baskets yesterday at the local greenery, we usually purchase our flowers in Canada as the American Dollar made the prices much cheaper, crossing the border is not an option at this time. Disney Shanghai opens today at 30% capacity, I think this is a sign of what we have to look forward too as things open up in the US.

QOTD - I have not had one in ages, always wished they would serve shamrock shakes year round at Mcdonalds.

B - Hard Boiled egg

MS - berries and Light and fit greek

L - Turkey sandwich

As- Built bar

D - left over veal parm - no pasta

E - 2 mile run - need to install a new mailbox post, will pour 160lbs of concrete...will be a nice little workout.

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/20 6:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I sure hope Joddie is going to be okay. Scary when one is sick right now.

My oldest daughter loved Shamrock Shakes. She died from cancer 5 days after St Patrick's Day and some of her co-workers came to see her one last time and brought her one.