What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/12/20 2:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Helllooooo everyone! How are we all today??

Ok for those of you who are following my saga... I had a total breakthrough in understanding why I have been feeling so sluggish and awful lately. I started taking Claratin and I was doing so much better this weekend, but then about 3 hours into the work day yesterday I felt terrible again. Hmmm. I finally realized--it's the room! I must be allergic to something in the room! That's why I start to feel better in the evening and weekends. I haven't investigated too much yet, because I was busy, but in the afternoon I opened up the sliding door to the garden and let in fresh air and felt a billion times better already. When we redid the room, we had the couch I sit on in the garage for 6 months, so it might need a really deep de-dusting with the Dyson. I will try to get to it today and see if it helps.

In other news....Boy, is anyone else scared to see everything reopening? MA hit a terrible milestone of 5000 deaths in our state, yesterday. I know most other states haven't seen it as bad, but why would anyone want to risk this? I actually had two nights in a row of nightmares about being in crowded stores and seeing people without masks. I woke up terrified both nights!

Accountability: Not great... I was busy and didn't do the cooking I planned to, so I had more grab and go with high point values than I planned on. But I had a lovely long virtual run in Portugal yesterday :)

QOTD: Do people generally have the right idea about you on their first impression? I think people generally get it right when they meet me, although I think that because I am small, people might assume I am "sweeter" than I am, sometimes :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 5/12/20 4:08 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Wait. You're not sweeter?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 5/12/20 9:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am half your size and half your sweetness. And everyone who knows us IRL would agree.

Queen JB
on 5/12/20 1:19 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

See the only person who "liked" that post knows us in real life, hahahahaha.

MadisonRose
on 5/12/20 4:10 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good Tuesday morning all! JB I'm so glad you are figuring out what's been making you feel so bad.

My accountability was decent yesterday. Not the greatest and not the worst. Hopefully it just keeps getting better as the week goes on.

Regarding the states reopening, on one hand it scares me as I think it's just going to get worse with people getting sick, but on the other hand I am so ready for life to get back to normal if that's even possible. So I'm torn. As much as I hate saying this, I do wish we would wait a little longer before reopening.

QOTD: I think people get the impression that I'm standoffish or stuck up when in reality I'm pretty friendly once you get to know me.....I'm just very introverted and it takes me awhile to warm up to people I don't know.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: Leftover shark steak

S: L&F yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/12/20 4:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

After reading your QOTD, then Grim's reply I had to laugh!

Florida is opening but stores are still quiet and people wear masks. Not to say that it may change. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Today we are going to the beach for the last time. I sure hope I can go to the beach this summer on Cape Cod. I don't care what else is closed but I need my beach. The ones I go to usually have people well-spaced because I hate crowded beaches. But sometimes there are large groups present (I don't sit near them).

QOTD: Thought provoking question. I think people may underestimate my intelligence or may think I am quieter than I really am. I will have to ask someone.

TSS: 4 years, 1 month

B: Coffee! Eggs, cheese, beans and salsa

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Crab cakes

S: Bean salad, blueberry lemon pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 5/12/20 9:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I think the beaches on the Cape will at least be open to residents. Not sure if they will stop you from sitting out but I am sure they will let you walk.

supershopper
on 5/12/20 4:50 am

hi all

I had a 1/2 sleepless night again. I finally just went and got into the bed covered with clothes in the spare room and FINALLY fell asleep. then the chiweenie had to come join me...

food-well- I really have some limited choices here. as far as fresh goes- rotis chicken, romaine lettuce, protein pea almond milk (it was an impulse buy, won't happen again), eggs, yogurt, protein powder, RTD protein drink. then canned stuff (tomato, spices, mushrooms, and mac/potato/etc). I didn't being the IP back up here. and I have frozen chicken, roast, chicken wings, etc). I need to venture out I suppose for almond milk, more veggies and actual food food.

QOTD: hmmm I don't know. I initially can come off as standoffish if I'm feeling shy so I don't think that really is a fair assessment of me. It only takes about 30 min or so for me to warm up, its finding the common thread when talking that does it. most people I assume see me as bubbly, sarcastic, and mischievous. that's probably fair...

So: food plan

B: protein pancakes

S: unsure

L: TBD

D: TBD

S: TBD

wow I've really thought this out... I have chicken to eat and the salad- so I will be eating that or a version of it at least once...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Au_Contraire
on 5/12/20 4:50 am, edited 5/11/20 9:51 pm

Morning, my RnY kindred! Happy Tuesday!

JB, it does make sense that there's something in the room that is affecting you. I hope you're able to quickly identify and eliminate it - hopefully it's the sofa, as you suspect, and a heavy duty de-dusting will do the trick!

I'm feeling better and tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I'm off of that disgusting yet helpful oxycodone, and only need occasional Tylenol, so life is looking up.

I filled my house with multiple lilac bouquets the other day. It was the last time this year I will be able to do so, because except for a few bushes flowering in the shade, their brief window of bloom has almost passed. Is that not one of he most beautiful fragrances ever? Yet cut lilacs are so very fragile and perishable, lasting only a very brief while. Nobody has yet been able to extract an essential oil from lilacs. Though many have tried, it remains elusive. I remember reading once in The Autobiography of a Yogi about some spiritual practitioners in India who had attained various levels of skill in controlling and manifesting different physical effects. One yogi described was able to produce different fragrances by waving his hand in the air before an audience (and, presumably, concentrating). Someone would request that he produce the scent of roses, or jasmine, or rain, or curry - any scent at all - and voila! It would fill the air. The book's author regarded this as a spiritual parlor trick, a type of trap keeping that person at a low level of development, but I have always been quite fascinated by that skill and a bit jealous, especially since true lilac essential oil is still just a dream. But here and there there are a few lovely, if artificial, dupes.

Re the reopenings: by and large I think this is nuts. Understandable - people and companies need to pay their bills, and folks need to feed their families. But to reopen (including tattoo parlors, for pity's sake?) when states are not yet able to meet the safety guidelines detailed by experts in pandemic control strikes me as freaking crazy and a recipe for disaster. But then, I believe in science.

QOTD: I am much more private than people think when they first meet me. This is not their first impression because I am comfortable talking to others, and outgoing. But I am in fact quite a private person.

First: Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea

B: leftover shrimp and veggie stir-fry

L: tuna, HB egg, salad greens

D: roast beef

Wishing you all a beautiful day!

Queen JB
on 5/12/20 9:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad to hear you are feeling better!