Whats On Your Sunday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

catwoman7
on 5/24/20 11:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not only are face tattoos kind of weird, but they're impossible to hide. If you get some high-falutin office job, or at someplace like a bank, at least you can hide little tattoos on your arms - or legs - or back. But a face one? Nope. It'd kind of limit your employment options for the rest of your life.

Christina135
on 5/24/20 12:45 pm

Dermablend! This hides tattoos completely!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 5/24/20 12:49 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

didn't know that - thanks!

momyshaver
on 5/25/20 4:07 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I didn't know that either. I am not ashamed of my tattoos but I usually will wear layers out because I don't want to unintentionally give a bad impression or offend anyone. I don't have anything outrageous but I know some people don't like the look of ink and other than my tattoos that I got pretty late in life after my divorce I am a pretty vanilla looking plain jane, lol.

catwoman7
on 5/25/20 6:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they're so commonplace now that I doubt anyone gets offended, but really obvious ones like huge ones on people's faces still seem to get a reaction.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/24/20 1:57 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is becoming less and less true. Facial piercing and tattoos have made it to executive levels in a number of companies. I still get my tats where I can hide them but that's a personal choice. With every new cohort moving into management, individualism in appearance becomes more and more accepted. Yay for the young people!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Julia S.
on 5/25/20 12:17 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

It shouldn't be that hard to get a prescription for an antibiotic, I had a UTI one year over my birthday. I went to the coast and couldn't stop throwing up, little did I know symptoms are way different the older you get. But it went away fairly quickly with the prescription. I hate not being treated with respect or courtesy at a clinic. There is no reason not to treat everyone as they are all important. Sorry you have had such bad luck, I know in some areas it's difficult to find another clinic but I think I would try. Hope you are feeling better soon!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Christina135
on 5/24/20 9:21 am, edited 5/24/20 2:53 am

Good morning, Happy Sunday!

QOTD - eh, I look back on the decades and I think every generation wears crap that looks good or feels right at the moment, that looking back, begs the question "what the hell was I thinking...?" I am the least fashion forward person, I live in yoga pants, or jeans/band tshirts and chucks so I can't talk fashion, lol! My husband just got rid of his 3 year long beard, and while neither of us have face tattoos, between us we have about 25 so...I don't know!

Breakfast - fasting, so lots of hot black coffee! Trying to push my fast out as long as I can this morning, I'm almost to 18 hours and feeling pretty good.

Lunch - soyrizo, potato, onion and vegan Chao cheese on corn tortillas, with sliced avocado.

Snack - fruit smoothie, frozen frui****er, oat milk, chia seeds, and hemp seed protein

Dinner - beyond burger, (no bun) sliced Chao cheese, salad and maybe pasta or potato on the side for a good carb to carry me through.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

came back to add a pic of breakfast! 100% vegan, and I skipped the tortilla!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 5/24/20 9:59 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm a huge fan of most tattoos....just something about face ones!

momyshaver
on 5/25/20 4:09 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On May 24, 2020 at 4:59 PM Pacific Time, Melody P. wrote:

I'm a huge fan of most tattoos....just something about face ones!

I have seen a lot of poorly done tattoos and it is just so hard to hide them on the face. You really have to think about how the skin will change as you age, too. It is harder to live with tattoo regret when it is staring you in the mirror every day lol.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views