Whats On Your Sunday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/20 5:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to day 2 of Memorial Day weekend. Yesterday was literally a washout here as it rained all day. However Justice did get a bath and I finished painting my stair treads going upstairs after removing the carpet almost 7 months ago.

Today it is supposed to be cloudy and cool though the sun is peeking out a bit. I hope to get Justice out for a good walk in a couple of hours since he was mostly an indoor dog yesterday.

QOTD: What is something really popular now, but in five years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed that they liked it? Well the obvious answer may be masks made in colorful fabrics. Or maybe the extensive beards that some men have grown? Skinny jeans on women?

TSS: 4 years, 2 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake (need to finish the bananas before they are too far gone)

L: Sliced turkey and laughing cow cheese

D: WW zero point marinara with cheese added over zoodles (the marinara is great but I need some added protein to hold me as I found out when I ate it the other day)

S: cauliflower fried rice or yogurt with strawberry compote, blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 5/24/20 5:57 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Will try to get my walk in after breakfast. I am trying to get back on track somewhat with my eating as my accountability has been crap. I've managed to get myself a sunburn and it hurts like crazy! Apparently I fell asleep out on the beach yesterday and did not reapply the sunscreen so I have no one to blame but myself for that one. Hopefully the lobster look is in style now.

QOTD: hmmm...this is a tough one as I feel like anything could fall into that category. I'm going to go with the beards some of these men have grown. I'm not particularly fond of them....I don't think they are hideous, but I feel like in the future once that style fades people will look back and be like "what the heck was that about?"

B: coffee w/Splenda, 1 pancake and sausage link

L: leftover broiled shrimp and scallops

D: TBD

S: L&F yogurt or premier shake

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/20 8:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry about the sunburn! I hope you can put something on it to reduce the pain.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 5/24/20 9:31 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thank you. I have some aloe I will put on it tonight.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 5/24/20 6:17 am - Brighton, IL

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday,Liz. Hubby and I went to the in laws with our youngest son and power washed their siding and white fence. It hadn't been done for 3 years and took about 6 hours to finish but we got it done. Couldn't get his old power washer to work so hubby bought me a late Mother's day gift. I now have a portable power washer to use on Nomads projects. It weighs about 12 pounds and puts out a good strong stream. Best of all it's electric so I don't have to ask one of the men to pull start it for me. Push the button and it's on! Love it! QOTD face masks. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later today. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz meat stuffed poblanos. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/20 8:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have an electric power washer too. I love it (it appeals to the slight OCD side of me)!

karenp8
on 5/24/20 9:04 am - Brighton, IL

I love to power wash as you see immediate results and it doesn't require thinking to do it. It's kind of relaxing to me. But I always hated having to ask one of the men to start it for me. Now I don't have to!

Greateight
on 5/24/20 9:40 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm power washing today as well, Karen/

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

SkinnyNikki7
on 5/24/20 10:05 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm buying my fiance a power washer for Father's Day but it's really more for me because I really want to power wash our fence and front door.

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

catwoman7
on 5/24/20 6:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's sunny out right now but they're calling for more thunderstorms tonight, so I'd better get out there again today before it all starts up again!

we took our ancient bikes over to this pop-up tune-up a few blocks away (some guy who's trying to get his bike repair side business off the ground - great reviews from the neighbors!), but he said our bikes are so old and need so much in the way of repairs and/or parts that we'd probably be better off just looking for newer used bikes that are still in decent shape. He said we could probably find some on craigslist or FB Marketplace for about what we'd pay for getting ours "fixed" - and they'd be in better condition (even after our old ones are "repaired"). SO...I'll start looking. I know a lot of bike enthusiasts upgrade every five years or so, so we may be able to find some good used ones for not too outrageous a price. I'd really like to take up biking again. Not sure what's on tap for today. My friend with the hip surgery mentioned getting together at her condo, so maybe I'll go for a couple of hours. She really doesn't need help anymore (other than she's not driving yet), but I think she likes the company.

QOTD: I'm kind of wondering if face masks might be with us for awhile. Well, definitely until we're over the worst of this pandemic. But we've been to China twice and pretty much everyone wears them over there. I thought at the time it was because of the pollution (which is deadly there), but it's evidently for health reasons. So anyway, about popular trends - I look at interior design sites a lot, and I sometimes wonder about things like interior "barn doors" (which have been out for awhile and are already starting to look a bit dated) or those bathroom sinks that look like you set a mixing bowl on top of the counter (ditto). Also, dark rooms. And I've read that wallpaper is making a comeback. It kind of makes me anxious to re-do anything costly in my house since trends come and go so quickly! (p.s. I don't think I'd necessarily be embarrassed by any of this, however, so I'm not really answering the question!! I'd just worry about spending a lot of money on something that's going to look dated in a couple of years. We had a bathroom remodeled 12 years ago and had them put a partial glass block wall in the shower. I've read that's a super dated look, too - but I still love it, so I guess it doesn't matter!!)

TSS: 4y11m

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and some kind of fruit compote, coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake

L: either chicken or shrimp skewers

S2: L&F with raspberries or yogurt pie

D: I'm going to make broccoli cheese soup for DH today, so maybe a cup of that and another one of the above skewers

have a great day, everyone!