What's on your Tuesday Menu?

ScaleSkater
on 6/16/20 7:29 am

Good morning, Physical therapy is wiping me out as they are working to open my back up and on my posture. It's really sore now, but I hope that means soon it will loosen up and hold as I build strength. I'm still holding right around 173, so I'm working now to hold that as my new goal range. The pain doctor has increased my dosages, so that has helped a little and I'm sleeping a little better. You can tell I'm actually feeling better as I'm starting to read again everyday and watch a couple of favorite TV shows. I couldn't stand to do anything for that length of time before without moving around. So I'm pretty happy. But still room to move and get better.

QoTD - I remember for sure. It was Christmas dinner at my BIL right after surgery (7 weeks out or so). They invited a few people over for pot luck and one person brought my favorite thing (Almond pound cake). So I took a tiny sliver and ate half (saving other half for new year's eve - which I did save until then). I felt fine. Oddly enough, as I'm passing year 3 my sugar/carb tolerance has dropped dramatically. I have to really keep the consumption low or I get the trots (sorry!).

B - 1/4 protein waffle and greek yogurt

S - egg and bacon (no bread from a sandwich)

L - Salad and lunch meat, apple

S - mandarin

D - Pork and veg, tiny scoop rice

S - SF popsicles

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

catwoman7
on 6/16/20 8:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well, the fasting (for my colonoscopy tomorrow) started last night. So far so good. I ate my normal number of calories yesterday and focused on fat and protein to "frontload" myself a bit. Hopefully this won't be awful. I have lots and lots of beverage options today, plus I bought sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello since they're allowed on this clear liquid diet. I'm sure I'll be eating them with abandon since they're the only things that somewhat resemble real food. Hopefully I won't have a big blood sugar drop, but I do have some hard candies (to suck on while I drink that awful prep liquid today and tomorrow), some of which are not sugar free, so that may help. Of course my mom is screaming that there's some issue with her email - but I told her I can't come over until tomorrow evening at the earliest (and I may be really tired after my procedure, so I don't know about tomorrow evening - it may be Thursday morning before I can venture over). Although I get that she's more upset than normal about the email given the social isolation with this pandemic.

OK - sorry to ramble.

QOTD: my birthday was two months after my surgery, and I ate 2 T of ice cream in celebration. I didn't get sick, but I felt guilty for DAYS afterward. I almost never cheated that first year. I wish I still had that resolve...

oh! a potential friend on Bumble! We both "liked" each other, so now we can communicate. I sent her a message last night. Unfortunately, she lives 40 miles away, but since her profile says she's a government accountant, I'm guessing she works here in Madison, since most of the government agencies are based here. But she may be working from home now because of COVID. Anyway, hopefully she'll write back!

TSS: 5 y

B: flavored water, hot black tea

MS: probably more of the above

L: Jello and popsicles?

AS: some combination of the above

D: probably more Jello and popsicles

ex: none - unless I do something in the house. I don't want to get too far away from a bathroom!

have a great day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/16/20 9:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I would put a peppermint altoid on my tongue after I did each guzzle of the prep. It kept my nausea down. I didn't eat it, but spit it out once I felt ok. I have had 2 colonoscopies and did this the last time which really helped vs the first prep.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/16/20 9:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think I may have picked up a thing of peppermint candy (in addition to a couple other flavors), but i'll double check. I do know I picked up some ginger hard candy, which is good for nausea as well. This is my second colonoscopy. The first time I did an early morning one, which I'll never do again. Drinking that whole gallon of fluid the night before was HORRIBLE. I'm hoping it'll be a lot easier splitting it between two days (this afternoon and tomorrow morning). I'll probably eat the candy, though - I'm taking in almost no calories today, so I'm not too worried (although hopefully the sugar won't bother me - but most of the ones I got are sugar free)

Lisa91941
on 6/16/20 10:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I have government customers in Madison. Wouldn't it be weird if I knew her!!! LOL.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 6/16/20 10:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

if she gets back to me, I'll find out her name and let you know!

SkinnyNikki7
on 6/16/20 8:22 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm kind of sore today from my knee injection yesterday. That usually doesn't happen. I think we are going to take a ride down the shore to walk on the boardwalk. It's pretty cool out so hopefully it won't be cold there. I did 20 min. of yoga this morning and would like to get a nice long walk in! My POTS is bothering me some today too. Ugh hope I feel better after exercise!

I was craving Chinese food so bad last night. I made the WW Sesame Chicken and it was so good I don't think I will need to order take out again! Since I'm not feeling good today I feel like I probably won't eat too much.

QOTD: Do you remember the first "off plan" food you had post-op? I was addicted to soda pre-surgery. It was like crack to me. Maybe 3 or 4 months after surgery I tried to drink a few sips. Needless to say that did not stay down at all! it was so painful and not even worth it so I never did that again.

B:coffee and protein

L:protein shake

D:maybe some turkey and cheese in a whole wheat pita

S:greek yogurt/WW chocolate chip muffin

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 447 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 336 views