What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/21/20 2:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a great day yesterday. Today I am excited because I get to have a few hours with my new coordinator. She is moving over from another team in our office, so somewhat internal, but it will still be a lot for her to move over to my region... Her official start date is not for two weeks but since it is sort of internal I am going to find some time with her every day. She is very very different from my current coordinator and will need a lot more direct management, but I think it will be a good opportunity for me to find some new and better ways to get organized--for both of us! Anyway, I am excited that we will get some time together (on zoom of course) today!

Well, I feel pretty inspired by my 5 year surgiversary (and a pair of shorts not fitting well yesterday) to get my **** together. The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result, right? Time to make a public commitment. Anyway, I am going to make two small but surely effective 100 day commitments: 1.) Stay under my daily points. 2.) Get at least 8000 steps a day. I am not expecting either thing to have wild/huge results, but I have gotten so lax about everything. I need to find that steely determination that I had in my first two years when I refused to cheat. Anyway... I am officially on a 1 day streak for both. WHOO!

QOTD: Are you the person who puts ketchup to the side for doing or do you squeeze it directly on the food? I am a dipper! In fact, if I had my way, all sauces for every type of food would be on the side and dipped! There is nothing worse than sharing a plate of French fries with someone who drizzles ketchup all over them!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 7/21/20 3:08 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! The heat has been crazy the past few days. We're seeing heat indices nearing 110 degrees. I had a Corona on the back porch last night and it was exactly what the day needed. I'm normally an occasional glass of wine drinker, but the beer just seemed like it was more appropriate! I'm currently enrolled in a fitness walking class that fulfills one of two PE credits required for my degree, so after I write this I need to go walk at least 2.5 miles. Before the class started I was walking 3-4 miles 3-4 times per week, but the last two weeks the heat has been brutal and I've been doing the minimum for my class!

QOTD: I hate ketchup. HATE. But, I like other condiments to dip with. Ranch (veggies, pizza), varieties of mustard (hot dogs w/o a bun, chicken sausage), mayo (fresh tomatoes, bunless burgers). I'm a dipper for sure!

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Fresh Tomato, Smoked Mozzarella, Basil, Turkey (I have one more fresh tomato to use up, my god they are delicious!)
  • Shrimp Quesadilla - I may do all the fillings topped with sour cream and skip the wrap

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

MadisonRose
on 7/21/20 4:09 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was horrible work wise as we had so many system issues which greatly affected our productivity. Hoping today will be much better! Accountability was pretty good yesterday. Fingers crossed it continues for the rest of the week.

QOTD: Dipper for sure so on the side for me!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: leftover white chicken chili

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 7/21/20 4:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu crew!

It promises to be a long day of which half of it will be without food. I haven't eaten since 8 last night and I have no idea when I'll be able to eat after surgery.

I admit I had a rough night...lots of nervousness and anxiety. Oh and a whole lot of worry. I did manage about 4 total hours of sleep so that's good. I also managed to have a dream about Alan Alda. So way out of no where! So funny.

i have to be there in about 45 minutes and already did my hibiclens showers...that stuff is no joke! It finds every single little nick.

qotd:I kind of loathe ketchup. I can tolerate it mixed in Other sauces but I am a dipper too. I usually don't even eat salad with dressing. If I have some I'll occasionally dip a fork in the dressing then take some of the salad like that. Kind of weird but it works!

Queen JB
on 7/21/20 5:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Check in when you can and let us know how you are doing!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/21/20 6:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Looking forward to hearing you check-in. I hope all goes well and is successful!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 7/21/20 6:26 am - Warren, OH

Don't worry about the lack of sleep. You can catch up in the operating room :)

Good luck with everything and keep us informed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 7/21/20 6:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

LOL! I actually look forward to that when I'm facing surgery - lots of uninterrupted, deep sleep!

Emiepie
on 7/21/20 7:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wishing you all the luck today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 7/21/20 7:20 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck with your surgery today. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views