What's on your Thursday Menu?

catwoman7
on 7/23/20 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well today is supposed to be the last nice day before the heat and humidity hit again, but I don't know - it looks like it might be pretty humid out there right now. Hopefully it's not because it may be the last day I can ride my bike for a few days. At least the new A/C is in - otherwise it could have been a pretty miserable weekend!

no plans for today - although I'm going to finish filling out my ballot (for the August primary) and get that sent in. That should take - well, no time at all. I need to think of some more things to work on today. Maybe I'll watch the movie that we're supposed to see for my film discussion group (which meets in two weeks - so I have time). I guess I really should get out, though. I met a friend for coffee yesterday (outdoor seating, of course). We were talking about how we have to really maximize our time outdoors and with friends while it's warm since we're likely be trapped in our houses again from about October-April (because of this stupid virus. HOPEFULLY we'll be at the end of this a year from now. Hopefully). Right now my county allows 25% capacity for indoor dining (another other things, too), but I'm not comfortable doing that yet (stores where you're in and out in 10 minutes, yes - but not lingering over a meal or coffee. I only do it if it's outdoors).

that is so awful about that runner, JB. I'm really afraid of the virus and the fact it's raging out of control. I would think (or hope anyway) that my chances of dying are low if I get it, but I really worry about permanent organ damage. There are so many horror stories about permanent damage to brain, lungs, kidneys - it's just awful.

QOTD: well, I did have to postpone my trip to the Amalfi Coast until October 2021 (I hope to God we'll be at the end of this thing by then and the trip will go through as planned...). I'd like to go to Scandinavia, Scotland & Wales, eastern Europe, and back to India. New Zealand would be nice, too. I'm about to turn 60 and it's been on my mind lately that I really need to get my butt in gear and get to some of these places before I can't anymore. I figure I have a good 20 years left (to travel, that is - hopefully I'll live longer than that!). This virus is NOT helping matters. I haven't even been to Chicago since January, and we used to go there probably half a dozen times a year. Actually, I don't think I've even been out of Dane County since then, now that I think about it...

TSS: 5 y

B: plain Greek yogurt with strawberry/rhubarb compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe (btw - my Unjury protein root beer float yesterday was great - but I need to limit those to once a week or so, or I'll run out of that protein powder pretty quickly - and the last thing I need is MORE protein powder in this house!)

L: lime yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: 1/2 a Beyond Burger on 1/2 a skinny bun, Asian-style coleslaw

I have plenty of SF Jello, SF popsicles, grapes, baby carrots, and L&F yogurt for other snacks, if needed - oh, and Costco roasted seaweed, too ****ep forgetting about that!!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Erin T.
on 7/23/20 5:28 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I am feeling you on the humidity. I just did a 3 mile walk. It's nearly 80 already and 96% humidity. I have showered and dressed and I'm sitting here sweating through my clothes still. Hopefully that will stop before I have to have video meetings at 10!

QOTD: I'm reading a book about St. John in the US Virgin Islands. I would go there and rent a villa like they talk about in the book. Although it might partially be appealing because it's apparently one of the less known islands and requires a ferry from St. Thomas. At least per the book it's much less touristy and mostly attracts day trip traffic. Will we ever really feel comfortable around people ever again? I seriously have dreams about accidentally being exposed to people and panicking trying to get away. Some day this will be our Great Depression level PTSD I suppose?

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • English Muffin, Egg, Cheese, Strawberries, Cottage Cheese
  • Better Cheddar & Broccoli

I haven't gained during quarantine at all, but this morning I saw the lowest number on the scale that I've seen in a year (just fractions of a pound less than my "range", nothing huge). I have no idea why, other than maybe all this walking for my class (which I was doing before) is more effective when you SWEAT SO FREAKING MUCH.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Partlypollyanna
on 7/23/20 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Now I need to add St. John to my list.

I was reading something last night that asked how long it would be before movies were made about this whole debacle and there was a theory that there wasn't a ton of post Spanish flu novels/movies/etc because everyone just wanted to forget when it was over..I think they called it cultural amnesia and said it would happen here. I'm not sure, I think you are right and it will be more of a Great Depression impact, particularly on the younger people going through it right now.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 7/23/20 7:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I heard Greys Anatomy will devote a big part of its next season to the pandemic. Not sure when they will be in production again but I heard that on the radio yesterday.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/23/20 8:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, that makes sense and I'm sure they would put an interesting perspective on it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/23/20 5:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Now that meme rings true for me!!! Thank goodness for Cape Cod breezes in this humidity. On the plus side, my hair and skin like it.

So I had a great day on the Rail Bike with David yesterday. Really fun and very socially distanced. Everything was pristine and we even watched them clean the carts when they turned them around. Then we had dinner at the Clark Cooke House on Bannisters Wharf in Newport. Great meal and service. Interesting that their rules are a little different. In Mass, you wear the mask to and from the table but it can be left off the entire time one is at the table. In RI you are supposed to have the mask on whenever the server is at the table, which makes a lot of sense except that we often didn't know she was coming and had to scramble to put it back on. Even if you are uncomfortable with dinner out JB, the rail bike might be worth exploring.

Today I have a lunch date with another guy after my weekly WW meeting. Socializing is getting busy with the meeting guys plus a lot of family and friends around lately.

TSS: 4 years, 4 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point egg and banana pancake

L: no idea, but probably fish (out to lunch)

D: Swordfish and veggies?

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 7/23/20 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So glad your life is so interesting. I get to live vicariously through your post. I go from home, to work, to my mom's pool, and back home again. I am glad someone has figured out how to manage life in these different times.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/23/20 8:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You know my life got so constrained taking care of DH especially in the last few years that I am following all rules but I feel like life is too short not to get out there.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 7/23/20 4:45 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I worked in a nursing facility with an Alzheimer's unit and the disease runs in my Dad's side of the family so I am very familiar with the struggle you endured. I'm sure the last few years you were just going through the motions and trying to hold it together for the whole family. You absolutely deserve to live and be happy. You are to beautiful and vivacious not to.

catwoman7
on 7/23/20 7:47 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I love all this dating you're doing! You go, girl!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views