What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/18/20 1:27 am, edited 8/18/20 1:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend & Monday!

My day yesterday was very busy! The check engine light came on in my car over the weekend, which scared the crap out of me, because the car is still new and I love it! Luckily, the dealer is close to my parent's house, and I had to be there anyway to drive my mom to her doctor's appointments, so I was able to go in the afternoon. Long story short, it was a sensor issue, not a real engine issue, and it was covered under the warranty, so it was freeeeee! The only thing I had to endure was watching terrible tv (The Talk & Dr Phil) in the waiting room.

QOTD: Are you a procrastinator? I'm generally not. I would rather tackle a project head on, and get it over with, but every now and then there are things I avoid doing like the plague! Right now I have something to do, which I started, but hit a wall on, and I don't know how to move forward...and I know I know I need to figure it out, but I have totally been procrastinating!

One more meme, because I thought this was hilarious! Over the weekend Boston announced that they will go back in person with a hybrid model (kids half time & teachers full time). Still TBD if the 13 unions that make up our school system will agree to any of this, but meanwhile it is sure to make my day quite busy! Upon the last survey 440 teachers said they would quit or retire early if we went back in person, so I expect that I will be processing a lot of resignations today and spend time working with principals on strategizing how to fill last minute vacancies. Wish me luck!

Back on track today--added lots and lots of zero & 1 point snacks to try to fill myself up!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/18/20 3:05 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! QOTD I tend to get things done early. Of my 2 boys,one is an early bird and one is a procrastinator. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. Miss Lily and I will head out for our first walk in a few minutes and will do 2 more later. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz ham salad D 4 oz ground beef with cheese. No snacks and plenty of fluids today too. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

MadisonRose
on 8/18/20 4:07 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Can't believe it's already morning. Seems like I just went to bed. I've been going to bed earlier, but seem to wake up even more groggy. Accountability was pretty good yesterday. No bad snacking. My weight has been fluctuating a lot though. Down two pounds, up two pounds, down two pounds, up two pounds. It's driving me mad!

QOTD: I kinda fall right there in between. On one hand I'm a big procrastinator. Especially with things I don't enjoy doing. But sometimes I just like getting things out of the way and will get on a roll with getting stuff done quickly. All depends on my mood I guess.

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: oatmeal and a banana

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: chicken sausage and green beans

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 8/18/20 7:17 am - Warren, OH

Those weird two pound fluctuations are water. Having my smart scale always confirms that. See if you can manage to get one. Mine was $150 but has been accurate now for over six years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 8/18/20 1:30 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

The Fitbit Aria is only about $50 I think!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 8/18/20 3:03 pm - Warren, OH

And a great scale. Glad to hear it has come down that much. My Garmin smart scale has never come down in price.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/18/20 2:19 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I just realized that my scale lets me see the trends on water too! Great tip!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 8/18/20 3:31 pm - Warren, OH

I am always afraid when I see a higher number in the morning, that I will not see more water. But it is always water weight. I am up five pounds since last Tuesday and my water percentage is up by six pounds.

supershopper
on 8/18/20 4:39 am

hi all

QOTD: I think I a bit of both. And sometimes I procrastinate where mentally I'm overwhelmed by the task. so if there is a ton of clutter in a room and I just don't know where to start, I tend to ignore that project. my DH is the exact opposite, he just does it in 10 min and I'm just standing there like-- how did you do that?

yesterday was a bit of eating leftovers. today the same.

B: 2 eggs/oats

b2: shake

l: chicken /veggies

l2: pork / veggies

d: unsure?

s: protein waffle

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 8/18/20 4:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Feeling bloated this morning and my weight is up 1.5 lbs. Not sure if my couple of "bad" eating days have finally caught up with me, or if I just had too much sodium yesterday. Well - on track today - and I'm meeting a friend for a long-ish bike ride in another hour, so that should help, too. Nothing else on the agenda for today, although I need to force myself to pick up (and read) some of these books I have lying around before they're all due!

QOTD: depends on what it is, but there seems to be a high correlation between whether or not I'm interested in/excited about the project and how quickly I get to it!

TSS: 5y2m

B: yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip, coffee with half & half

MS: iced latte with 2% milk and SF Torani (the bike ride includes a coffee shop destination....)

L: tomato sandwich (with Fit & Active bread and light mayo - had one yesterday and wow - I forgot how wonderful local summer tomato sandwiches are!!). Some kind of protein, too - maybe a protein mug cake or a L&F yogurt

AS: skinny bagel with light cream cheese, L&F yogurt

D: 2 Costco chicken skewers with either elote-style corn or a small salad with light dressing

small piece of this pie I made the other day if I can work it in (should be able to as long as I stick to this plan...). It was a recipe I tested for an upcoming cookbook. It's fabulous but very caloric (it's a homemade chocolate pudding in a homemade graham cracker crust. If I ever make it again (i.e., when I won't be testing a recipe and therefore don't have to follow it to a "T"), I discovered that prepared graham cracker crusts have many fewer calories than the homemade variety - and light Cool Whip is way safer than homemade whipped cream. And in addition, if the pudding will set up correctly using artificial sweetener, then I MAY have a similar product with an acceptable amount of calories. We'll see. At minimum I can test the pudding - a homemade SF pudding would be great as long as it sets up correctly....)

have a great day, everyone!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 172 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views