RNY on 02/14/18

It is so incredibly sad!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 9/8/20 8:22 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

I have a question: can you strangle a child who lives 450 miles away? Don't know if you have heard the news of San Diego and the college ordering strict SIP rules. On Friday, right before the rules went into effect my son was at a skate park and lost his wallet. I asked him how, he didn't have it in his pocket but in his skating bag. He had all of his ids, his debit card, ins card, AAA, etc. The most important thing is his student ID because meal plans and everything else school related is on it. And because they rcvd orders to SIP nobody was on campus to help him out. Argh! What I'm upset about is that I am stressing about it, trying to see how we can duplicate all these docs and he was just chill, saying he'll start calling today to see what can be done. Either I'm too paranoid or he is too chill, no way in the middle.

QOTD: I am a risk taker to the chagrin of my family. I did skydive (tandem) and loved it. When I proposed to DH we should pick it up as a sport he said over my dead body, we survived one we are not doing it again. Party pooper. I agree with Mary (whitedove) that they scary part is at the door of the plane, once you jump out the free fall is the greatest rush! When we go on hikes I like to get on the edge of the falls, and my family now warns me beforehand that they won't hike with me if I plan on going on the edge. I love heights and not afraid of them. I also love river rafting, the scarier the better. I'm not a big fan of rollercoasters, all the loopedy loops make me sick to my stomach, I get on them and I'm not scared of them but not a big fan. Never thought of going to a restaurant with less reviews as risk taking but I guess it's a thing nowadays with everything being online.

My meals yesterday:

• B: coffee + scrambled eggs
  • L: left over vegetarian meal from the night before (sautéed veggies and brown rice)
  • S: barebells bar
  • D: totally went off track : pretzels and melted dark chocolate!!!!
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 50 minutes strength training

Happy Taco Day, everybody.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 9/8/20 9:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I never thought of unfamiliar restaurants as being risk-taking until now, either - although DH has this former college roommate who won't eat ANYWHERE except chain restaurants that he's familiar with. He came to visit us once and DH and I were preocccupied with my car that had been vandalized - so the friend went out for a walk in this section of town that features tons of ethnic restaurants. He came back at the appointed time and said he was starving because he couldn't find a place to eat lunch. We were dumbfounded - there's anything you could ever want there. But no...he was specifically looking for a Subway or McDonald's. I was flabbergasted...

Sheila_H
on 9/8/20 9:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I bet he never travels abroad.

catwoman7
on 9/8/20 10:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you're right - he never has - and I'm sure he never will. DH was talking about taking him to Montreal for a long weekend sometime, but I doubt he'd even do that. A lot of people speak French there. And there is a lot of French influence there. I'm sure it would freak him out.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/8/20 2:19 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

My cousin and his partner (both of whom I adore) would travel abroad and come home and ***** ***** ***** Finally I asked them why they didn't just NOT travel, it wasn't a requirement. They stopped traveling out of the US where they can get their chain restaurants, hotels and stores and are much happier now. I don't understand it but at least they have a good time now.

Jen

Sheila_H
on 9/8/20 2:34 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I know I've mentioned this before, but my pet peeve has been about my countrymen who travel abroad and then ***** about the quality of pasta or the sauce! Everybody knows they can't make pasta the way your mamma or nonna makes, so why go to Greece and order pasta? Same with pizza!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/8/20 2:50 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Sooooo true!!

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/8/20 9:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Argh, I hope he is able to get it all replaced quickly. Poor mama!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 9/8/20 12:13 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You know he is just doing this to drive you crazy. I would leave it in his hands till he ask for help. Lets see how far he gets without you. If he fails then you can say I told you so. If he perseveres then maybe you can have a little piece of mind knowing you raised him better than you thought. I bet he does well.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views