What's on your Saturday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/12/20 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I got up around 6:00 and made farro with diced apples (that I'd cooked down - this morning also - with cinnamon, cardamom, and a little butter) plus some lavender syrup made with monkfruit instead of sugar. I've had half a jar of culinary lavender in my cupboard for YEARS, and I've been wanting to play around with lavender lattes, since this seems to be a thing now. Or maybe I'll put some of the syrup in my Fit Frappe later this morning. I'm almost never in a cooking mood at that hour, so I'm not sure what got into me. But breakfast (the farro topped with plain Greek yogurt and Swerve (the brown sugar variety) was good, and I'm looking forward to some lavender beverage concoction later...

bad thing is, I just checked my Fitbit and I slept for 4 h 24 m last night. Good Lord. I think I'd better go back to bed for awhile. DH is still sleeping, and so are four of the five cats. Plus it's raining - prime sleeping weather.

nothing on the agenda today, although I'll probably run over to Costco at some point. The rain is supposed to clear late this afternoon, so maybe we can go over to MIL's or something. Or have her over here. Other than that, I should probably do some reading.

I went over on calories yesterday (my maintenance range is 1500-1700, but I've been trying to keep it closer to 1500 since March. I was at 1744 yesterday, though - crap...). But I took a 17-mile bike ride (took two hours - I was with a friend so I was riding a little slower than usual), so I'm sure I burned most of that excess off. But I need to be better today because I'm not planning on a ton of exercise. Weight was low this morning. YAY!

TSS: 5y3m

B: 1/2 C farro with diced apples topped with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and Swerve, coffee with half & half

MS: some sort of protein latte

L: cup of black bean soup. turkey sandwich (with Fit & Active bread, reduced fat mayo, and tomato slices)

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries. Maybe a few whole wheat crackers with hummus

D: not sure. Maybe 2 Costco chicken skewers and veggies?

have a great Saturday, everyone!

MadisonRose
on 9/12/20 6:43 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I don't mind these drops so much, but they make my eyes all itchy and irritated. I guess maybe eventually I'll get used to them. My accountability was good yesterday. Switched a couple things around on my menu, but it was still good. I don't know why, but I always try to put my meal plan for the next day into MyFitnessPal the night before so I can calculate my calories for the day. However, it never fails that when the next day arrives I don't feel like eating what I planned out and end up changing things or swapping things around.

Not much planned for today. Which suits me just fine since my stomach has been killing me and I'm feeling bloated and gross. Think I'll hibernate for awhile.

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: scrambled eggs with ham and salsa

L: raw baby carrots with hummus and a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: the last of the baked salmon and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt and fruit or a built protein bar

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 9/12/20 7:06 am - Brighton, IL

I'm finally back to civilization where there is more than one TV channel that shows Walker,Texas Ranger all night long and there is real internet. Yes! We did have fun at both camps in Indiana and I got amazing pictures to share from the last one. Now we're back at the distribution center near Chatham Illinois for the rest of the year with breaks at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Miss Lily and I have gotten plenty of walking in and weight has been stable too. We've already got our walk in this am before the downpour started and weight is 120.6 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz baked chicken D 4oz burger with cheese and no bun. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone! Camp pics to follow.

Melody P.
on 9/12/20 7:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Yay! I've been wondering how you were so it's great to see you posting Karen!

White Dove
on 9/12/20 10:39 am - Warren, OH

Love your pictures, it is like you are on vacation all of the time (and I know you work very hard). Your surroundings are wonderful.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

karenp8
on 9/12/20 10:48 am - Brighton, IL

We really enjoy it. It's fun working with different couples every 3 weeks and doing different work too. I've gained lots of new skills too. And the last camp is just gorgeous. There will be more pictures to come!

Lisa91941
on 9/12/20 5:16 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Welcome back! I was hoping you were off on another wonderful adventure. You are amazing.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views