What's on your Monday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/14/20 2:24 pm - Warren, OH

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 9/14/20 5:01 am

Good morning, Happy Monday. Is that a thing?

QOTD - Hot black coffee please! I used to use heavy whipping cream, half n half, flavored creamers but since I started fasting a year ago, I gave it up. Now, I prefer it black. So weird. Also I like cold brew black coffee, my favorite is by Stok. I drink it by the half gallons and it isn't cheap so I limit myself to a glass a day. But it's super good. So I guess I like both? However in winter, I will stick to hot coffee.

Breakfast - fasting, so lol hot black coffee and water

Lunch -kale, soyrizo and tofu scramble with vegan cheese, apple with peanut butter and hemp seed hearts

Snack - yogurt with chia seeds

Dinner - tumeric rice with veggies a la instant pot with a vegan hot dog

I hope everyone has a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

karenp8
on 9/14/20 5:23 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later on. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 egg fu young patty D not sure. QOTD hot always. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Teenie
on 9/14/20 7:25 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Welcome back you were missed.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 9/14/20 7:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 9/14/20 5:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Monday morning everyone.

Not feeling all to hot. Kind of feeling bloated and my stomachs feeling upset. Didn't sleep very much either. So today should be interesting. We have my nephew all day and pick up his sisters after school. They fight so much so the afternoon should be fun...LOL

qotd: it depends on the weather for me. Usually it's warm coffee but I like all coffee. My mom does cold brew and drinks that cold in the summer.

b: oats with banana...coffee later

l: beans with about an oz of ham - kiwi

d: ???

s: popcorn and ???

have a great Monday everyone!

Melody P.
on 9/14/20 7:56 am - Amarillo, TX

EVILNESS

White Dove
on 9/14/20 6:34 am, edited 9/13/20 11:51 pm - Warren, OH

JB: Your long ride sounds wonderful. It has been years since we did something like that. Life just gets away from you if you don't make an effort and plan to do something.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/14/20 6:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have online Mah Jongg from 10:00-noon today and then a committee meeting over Zoom this afternoon (probably 90 minutes or so). So a busy day for a retiree. Hopefully I can squeeze some exercise in - maybe upper body weights (I quit doing lower body weights to minimize my time in the gym - and plus with all the biking I do, I figure I'm getting some pretty decent lower body workouts several times a week...). My brother will be arriving from NC tomorrow evening. He's staying at our house since it's configured better for social distancing. He wants to burn incense while he does his morning Tai Chi, though. UGH. I don't like smells - many of them give me a headache. But I told him burning it out on the porch might be OK. He wants me to do yoga with him, which is fine. Hopefully he'll be up for biking and possibly an afternoon of kayaking, too...

accountability wasn't good yesterday (1750 calories), but I biked 18 miles without stopping (took almost two hours). Estimates of calories burned varied quite a bit depending on if I went by an online cycling calorie burning formula, or my Fitbit, or my food logging site (sparkpeople), but the online formula's estimate was the lowest of the three (just over 500 kcal), so I'll go with that. In any event, I burned a crap ton of calories, so my food overage probably wasn't deadly. And my weight hit a new low this morning - woot woot!

QOTD: I've been drinking hot coffee in the mornings for years - I think since college - but I've just gotten into cold coffee concoctions (but never first thing in the morning) in the last year or so. Mostly iced lattes. I love those, too - but I don't have them every day, and it's always a mid-morning or mid-afternoon treat, usually after exercise. I love my Fit Frappes, too - which I guess I should count as cold coffee. I've been having those as one of my protein shake options for the last few months. Love them. Oh - I made sugar free cardamom syrup and sugar free lavender syrup this weekend (with monkfruit). You guys - I should have been making these all along! So good and cheaper than commercial sugar free syrups! I've had both so far in my Fit Frappes (the espresso-flavored Fit Frappes) - they were great!

TSS: 5y3m

B: farro with cooked diced apples (and cinnamon and cardamon) mixed in - topped with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and Swerve (brown sugar flavored). Coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: turkey sandwich (made with Fit & Active bread and light mayo), cup of black bean soup

AS: cinnamon Carbmaster yogurt topped with 1/2 diced mango

D: I'm thinking marina and turkey meatballs over 2 oz red lentil pasta

have a great day, everyone!!

Queen JB
on 9/14/20 7:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I love my Fit Frappe hot with coffee, and I don't like them nearly as well when they are mixed cold! Not sure why... probably because the bitter coffee cuts some of the super sweet from the protein mix, so I think it enhances the taste for me.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?