What's on your Thursday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 9/17/20 7:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

I spat my coffee reading that meme! That's my husband to a T. He is a hardware engineer so always trying to solve a problem. About 15 years ago finally it clicked with him that not always I want him to solve my problem, so now he asks me if I just want him to listen or if I want a solution.

Aaaah, we finally have blue skies. Yesterday was the first day that our AQI went below 100 and we were able to see blue skies. Never take the clean air for granted. It was so funny seeing ppl on the walk with Luna commenting about blue sky and blue ocean, as if we hadn't seen that color before. In reality we hadn't seen it in almost 10 days. So grateful for the wind change but still worried about all the fires that are not contained.

On the college front news DS got tested for COVID, now we wait.

QOTD: when I was little my dad would wake us up on Sat mornings to watch the American channel cartoons. Tom & Jerry was my favorite. Nowadays if I catch a glimpse of them takes me back to those good homey comfort days. Otherwise I'd like to live like the aristocats before they got lost.

My meals yesterday:

• B: coffee + scrambled eggs
  • L: jicama wraps + pulled pork
  • S: WW chocolate muffin
  • D: chicken skewers + Fage yogurt
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 45 minutes strength training.

Happy jr Fri-yay, everybody.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 9/17/20 9:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope he gets his results back quickly.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 9/17/20 9:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

So happy to hear that you have blue skies again :) Aristocats! Yes!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Julia S.
on 9/17/20 10:14 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD-I feel like I already live in Dilbert, but I would choose Garfield or Scooby Do.

Another day of horrible smoke on tap here. So far the rain has not materialized. Maybe tonight??? I had to meet with a developer yesterday and went without my mask for about 15 minutes and my throat was so sore all night. I also kept coughing on my trip to the barn. It's ironic that after at least 10 days of this our company came out with an air quality policy. All of the guys have been working outside with no PPE since this started. Some of them as many as 60 hours a week. Apparently the N95 masks that they were supposed to get at the beginning of this pandemic were intercepted and sold on Ebay. We still have the worst air quality in the world, not something you want to have.

Perpetual twilight and what looks like fog and is actually smoke. Not sure how much more of this I can stand. Most of us drive with our lights on because the visibility is so bad. OK done with my pity party.

Have a great Friday Eve everyone! Pray for rain!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Siacor102
on 9/17/20 12:12 pm

Adorable cats you have. I will start off by answering the QOTD: If I could live in a cartoon world I would say it would have to be Archer for an adult one and Rugrats for the kids.

Breakfast - Cold brew coffee with SF Salted Caramel Syrup Dannon Light n Fit Yogurt.

Lunch - Baked chicken breast and fresh green beans

Snack - 2 oz of cheese and rolled turkey

Dinner - Not sure my husband wants to go out and I don't know where yet. So this will be the first time I get to order while from a menu and try to stay on a sensible path (protein first)

thank you for letting me participate.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics