What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Teenie
on 10/23/20 7:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That is what I like most about outdoor exercise. Just being able to see a little wild life really makes it worth it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 10/23/20 10:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

The deer are so pretty! Yesterday we were watching a home improvement show and the homeowner wanted to plant tulips but he wouldn't let her because the deer would eat them. I said, "So what I am hearing is that if I plant tulips, it will attract deer? Let's do it!".

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sheila_H
on 10/23/20 10:12 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL. If you are in deer country, yeah.
My neighbors always hated the deers because they would eat their new plants. I never understood the big deal until we planted a new lemon tree. Every morning I would come down to see all the new leaves chewed up. We had to put some sort of fencing/net around the tree until it grew a little more. But I agree, they are so cute that I don't care if they eat the plants. We are in their territory, not vice versa. It breaks my heart when I see them on the side of freeway, because they are trying to go from one green patch to another.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 10/23/20 11:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Beautiful photos!! Very relaxing!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 10/23/20 12:25 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay for the negative Covid!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/23/20 6:53 am, edited 10/23/20 12:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Looks like we all could use a distressing weekend and hope everybody takes full advantage of the 2 days off. It is absolutely beautiful here in Pittsburgh. The fall foliage is full bloom and we are going to have and 80° day here today. Pretty unheard of for this time of year but of course it will all change by morning. Looks like I can plan on wearing a sweatshirt tomorrow. I had to dig in my summer closet to find something weather appropriate to wear today.

QOTD: I am going to say I saw a Tik Tok Video that and artist picked up a little person and painted his portrait with his feet then turned it up and it was the little person. I laughed very hard because they were dead serious. The little person hatched from a cocoon before the artist grabbed him and painted. Really one of those you had to see to believe, If you Tick Tok please be one of my followers and I will send great content if and when I find it. I am @teenie61 Just let me know your from OH so I don't ignore you.

Accountability: I jammed around 5 oz. of Pumpkin spiced almonds in my mouth at one sitting and believe I gave myself RH. I did not take my blood Sugar level but I had all the symptoms. Dizzy hot flashes lethargic and 20 min after I ate way to much sugar.

TSS: 2 years 10 Months and 12 days 132 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin Spice w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Rasbery Cottage Cheese Doubles and berries

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Pumpkin spice

L: White Chicken Chili and Snack selects

D: BBQ chicken bake. and Cauliflower hash browns.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run (Done).

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

Photo is a spit of me then and now and a picture of our Marigolds. We plant them from seed every year and they come to full bloom for September and October.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Librarian67
on 10/23/20 11:26 am
RNY on 02/28/17

You look SO beautiful!! And I love your flowers!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Lisa91941
on 10/23/20 6:53 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Expecting a big work day today, so the day should fly by. Big plans this weekend. Watching the CMA's we recorded tonight. Tomorrow though, really looking forward to it. We have a bayside bike ride planned followed by lunch at the new restaurant that just opened on the harbor. Like it hangs over the water. It's a new location of a local favorite, and the food is Mexican and yummy. They have this amazing dip they serve when they serve salsa and chips. It's a white cheese jalapeno and it's good enough to just drink. But since I really don't eat chips anymore, I am not sure what "vessel" I will use to transport this dip to my mouth! Spoon? Is that rude? Do I care as long as I get some of the dip? TBD. After that we are going to do a couple errands. Sunday not much planned, and I hope to do another yoga class. Got in a 58 minute one last night and got into a new pose and held it. I was like so impressed with myself!

QOTD: My son and son in law. They both have dry, sarcastic senses of humor and make me laugh out loud a lot. Both of them made me crack up this week. They are not close, and I'm not sure they "really" like each other. I suspect it is because they are both a lot more alike then they realize.

Menu:

B: emipie egg salad

L: left over chicken and broccoli with spicy peanut sauce from OH. It was really very good!

D: bbq rib, spaghetti squash au gratin, a little salad

Have a wonderful weekend! Peace, everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 10/23/20 11:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Spoon is appropriate!! I've also used pepper strips, or carrots and cucumbers instead of chips.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/20 7:25 am
RNY on 01/01/14

It's the first day I can walk " normally" - picking my foot up. I'm still a little sore doing it though- I did a few laps of the apartment around 4 am took some healing aminos and tried to rest ... thinking about trying a short gentle walk with a friend but she hasn't responded to me yet .

Otherwise exercise will be much-needed shopping which I've had to put off way too long and long overdue tidying ,vacuuming and mopping.

SUNNY MORNING !! yay!! ( it poured all yesterday afternoon and evening ) Yesterday I stayed home for dinner rather than eating and watching TV with the 'rents- ate 1/3 a loaf of sourdough French bread some w pizza sauce n fat free mozzarella ( surprisingly good) some w ff sour cream and 75% FF Cabots Cheddar

B- Chai tea latte

Shopping

L- " layered potatoes" Hungarian style- 97% fat free hotdogs sliced with Hungarian Smoked sausage ( just a bit for taste ) about 4 hard boiled eggs and 4 hard boiled egg whites , sliced , 3 boiling ( red ) large potatoes boiled cooled and sliced , fat free sour cream n butter buds. The ingredients get layered in a casserole dish and baked at 350 for 15-20 minutes until hot and smell good.

traditionally served with sliced cucumber salad in vinaigrette but this takes several hours so probably just a salad instead

D- leftover chicken stuffed pancakes , ff sf pumpkin cheesecake, salad

S- maybe popcorn, ice milk, or a bit of fresh bread .

I saw this very interesting ( but way too long) video of 5 foods to avoid that promote arthritis and inflammation- gluten, sugar, processed foods fried foods and fast foods, trans fats, and something else lol... if I only had a brain!

The items that STOP inflammation and pain are - Devils claw( an herb) ... rutin ( found in apples), Boswellia extract ( found in Ayurvedic medicine ) and ginger ... which I eat a ton of already. Also natural enzymes such as are found in raw foods and probiotics and citrus bioflavonoids really help supposedly.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views