What's on your menu for Saturday?

Melody P.
on 10/24/20 5:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone!

We had our first freeze last night and my body could tell. So sore. This is going to be a very long winter.

not much planned today. The hospitalization rate here is so high they are going to reduce capacity at businesses. It is so scary here. The most infected age groups are young adults...40 and younger. 95% or so of the deaths are in the 50 and above age group with the majority 70-80+. Just scary...you still see idiots not wearing masks...or better yet wearing one over their mouth and not the nose.

QOTD: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

mine would be a good pad Thai with seafood.

B: egg beaters, daiya cheese, salsa, gf bread and coffee

L: chili, daiya cheese and maybe a couple of tortilla chips

D: ???

S: popcorn, strawberries

Melody P.
on 10/24/20 5:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Breakfast was changed to Cheerios since I forgot we are out of egg beaters.

catwoman7
on 10/24/20 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

it's cold here as well - and no real plans for the day. I have a lot to do for one of my classes and a few things to do for an organization I chair, so I'll focus on those today. I'll probably also make a protein pumpkin pie or another yogurt pie today - I like having either/or around for quick breakfasts - both are easy peasy and full of protein. I'll also find some new exercise videos on youtube. Did a Zumba one last night that was fun. I need variety to keep me motivated...

QOTD: probably Greek yogurt. I eat a ton of yogurt - either alone or with various compotes or baked into a pie.

TSS: 5y4m

B: protein pumpkin muffin with L&F yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberry compote

AS: maybe some homemade chocolate hummus on a graham cracker and a Babybel?

D: salmon filet with a Vietnamese-inspired marinade/sauce, Thai cucumber salad

have a great Saturday, folks!!

Librarian67
on 10/24/20 7:26 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I LOVE your meme Melody. Our three will be right there with your bunch!!

I didn't sleep very consistently last night, although I just checked my FitBit and it says I had a total of 7.5 hours...very broken up though. It's been such a struggle for 2+ years now to get good sleep because DW's sleep cycle is all over the map. Just try to do the best I can so my body has down time.

My goals for today are to take a walk even if it's just back and forth on the breezeway. Boring but I feel safer since I get dizzy and disoriented sometimes. We live on the ground floor of a 4 story condo so my long term goal is to get better at adding in stairs. My other goal is to try to bake some cookies. They will be "homebaked" with the help of a package...lol, not my style, but tomorrow I hope to do some decoration. I usually take DOZENS of cookies & other sweets to work from mid-October to Mid-January, but there will be none of that this year...boo hiss! So I talked to one of the ladies who I've Freecycled with and she passes on alot of things to a local women's shelter. I collected paper goods for a Halloween party (plates, napkins, tablecloth) and then I'm making lots of cookies for them, some chocolate chip and some decorated sugar cookies. I've been in their shoes and I know how depressing and hopeless it feels...so from one to another, just want to pass on some light in a small way that I can. I have to admit that I am FAR from as talented as JB with my piping work, but kids will still shove them in their mouth by the handful!!

Last Sunday we tried some gentle modified yoga. It felt great to move my body and to realize that some parts are still relatively strong and flexible. But within less than half an hour after finishing, my neck was screaming...not what I wanted! Several of you suggested Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube, so I may try that and just be sure to always hold my head in neutral.

As for accountability, I ate more on plan although it wasn't exactly what I listed on my post yesterday. Part of that was nausea and being too tired to do much. But my blood sugar and the scale are down a bit, so I'll take that.

QOTD: hmmmmm, one meal. As I'm sure many of you find, what I would have eaten non-stop before surgery, in the first year and now, can be really different. I've eaten ALOT of rice and pasta over my lifetime, because they were cheap and filling. I too was in heaven when I first found pad thai, but I've avoided it, except for 2 bites of Lisa's that I quickly came to regret!! "Thankfully" rice, breads with yeast and a couple of other life-long staples still don't agree with my tum. I really love and ate lots of salmon, but I don't think that I could eat it more than 4-5 times a week, which is pretty much what I do anyway. I don't eat alot of eggs but with some variety in preparation, that might be a possibility. I also eat vanilla Carbmaster yogurt with fruit (berries, peaches, cherries) with .25 cup (carefully measured) of slivered almonds. I eat that 5-6 days a week since it usually agrees with me.

Okay so that's alot of babble and not a clear answer...oh well, fun to think about though!

Hmmm, food:

B: my usual Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea w/ Miralax & an Unjury Mighty Bites protein bar

S: tea #2, Carbmaster yogurt w/ berries & slivered almonds

L: Veg-bean soup, EverRoast chicken or if all else fails, an Unjury meal replacement shake.

S: ?

D: I'd like to have a TJ's salmon burger with some veg.

And if I do get to make those cookies, I plan to have a sugar cookie without any associated guilt!

May you all have a wonderful Saturday. Be safe, healthy and find those moments of joy!

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Lisa91941
on 10/24/20 7:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I just finished a 33 minute starter class with Adriene! She mentioned a yoga for weight loss class at the end. I think I might try to find that and do it tomorrow. I like how she is very non-judgmental and gives lots of movement options to support your own practice. She says there is no cheating in yoga. Hope you have a better day and get some steps and fresh air in.

Librarian67
on 10/24/20 7:36 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Ooops, submitted my post before I added my pics...

Audie helping his momma type...

This one is pretty much the "new normal" for all of us!!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Lisa91941
on 10/24/20 7:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and happy Saturday! Yoga done. Bike ride around the bay coming up with reward lunch at the end! It's cool and crisp-ish here. Used my electric blanket last night. Ahhhhh, I love sleeping under that thing. We have all the windows and the tiny french doors in our bedroom open, and snuggled under the blanket feels amazing. Though why I woke up at 5 am is beyond me. Maybe a nap after our ride today.

QOTD: Gosh I just do not know!! Everything I can think of is pre surgery, and I've learned that so many of those foods are still no go's with the new pouch. I've learned how to make a creamy sea bass with white wine reduction that I do love (and so does my pouch) so I'll pick that for now.

B: coffee, maybe an egg -- or a TJ crispbread with 1 tblsp peanut butter

L: Mexican restaurant! There will be white jalapeno dip!! You can take that to the bank.

D: TBD I should go to the freezer next and see what calls my name.

Peace, everyone!!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/20 8:02 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Good morning!

B- SF FF Chai tea latte , vitamins,

Ex- 45 min swim w 'rents , 25 min hot tub w Mom, driving to Ikea in Miami later so expect to walk n push n load hours in the warehouse.

Yesterday afternoon I finally went shopping, walked somewhat normally if slowly hanging onto the cart and did about 5 stores in 4 hours so was exhausting 2nd workout. Came home, collapsed into bed in my clothes and woke up at 3 am with my hip and leg screaming. Took aspirin.

I tried a new natural painkiller yesterday - Devils Claw mixed with Crystallized Ginger candy ( reduces inflammation) and B..Ayurvedic medicine herb ... IT WORKED .

I was almost instantly better able to get in and out of the car seat ( the most difficult thing so far since the injury and able to reach to close the door ( hard cuz my weight rolls onto the bruised left hip and back of thigh )

Yesterday Lunch turned out to be cold cuts pumpkin soup n bread , so I'm making the egg/potato casserole today instead

D- yesterday was commercial seafood salad and multigrain bread , today will surely be something from Ikea. Last time I was there they had an amazing slow cooked braised lamb shank... yum!

Have a great day y'all !

MadisonRose
on 10/24/20 8:13 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Saturday all! I need to get my butt going and go pick up my new glasses before they close today. I'm just feeling so tired and lazy today. No energy whatsoever. I think if I could stay in bed all day I would. Maybe I'll come back home and take a nap.

QOTD: Hmmm this is tough. If we are talking post surgery then definitely salmon! I swear I could eat that everyday and never get tired of it! I practically do have it just about every night for dinner. Now if we are talking pre surgery then probably pizza or pasta of some sorts...oh how I miss those! I am not able to eat those foods in moderation so I try to avoid them. It's so tough to decide though so I'll just say a buffet of food for the rest of my life. Lol

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey and a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: leftover salmon and veggies

S: Either raw celery, cucumber and broccoli with light ranch dip or L&F Greek yogurt and an apple or maybe another protein shake???

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Christina135
on 10/24/20 12:32 pm

Happy Saturday! Late post, been busy this morning!

QOTD - Tacos. Because so many things can be tacos.

Breakfast, fasting, so hot black coffee and lots of water

Lunch - Leftover angel hair pasta, tossed with soyrizo, cherry tomatoes and kale, and nutritional yeast for some flavor.

Snack - Dairy free yogurt with hemp seed hearts, and chia seeds

Dinner - French bread pizzas, homemade. I will be having mine with sauce, vegan cheese, mushrooms and onions

It's cooler weather here, so I am READY for hot tea season. I have a giant mug of "Sense and Sensibilitea" from my favorite local place, that I just found out has shuttered their doors, and headed to Vermont. I will have to buy online from them once settled.

Have a wonderful day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?