What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/27/20 2:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Ok who found a naked picture of me and posted it on the internet??

Good Tuesday Morning! How's everyone? I had a somewhat annoying Monday at work. Tons of "emergencies" and little fires to put out that made the day feel frantic and I never felt caught up. Today should be a lot quieter so it's no big deal.. But I woke up feeling under the weather again! I never completely kicked the last cold, and in the middle of the night, I realized that it hurt to swallow and I have a headache. Come on, body--get it together!

I realized that I can't take vacation next week after all (my assistant is already out 2 days), so I will take the week after--from November 9 - 13. But it's funny because I doing this to try to get rid of some of my vacation days, but Wednesday is Veteran's Day, so I am only getting rid of 4 days. I can't even give my vaca days away, lol.

QOTD: Would you rather be able to talk to animals and have them understand you, or have animals talk to you so you can understand them? I would love to hear what my animals have to say, but I think if I had to choose, I would like animals to understand me, so that I know they understand when I have to make tough decisions, like taking them to the vet! Or to remind them that they have already been fed, haha. It would also be great to talk to the birds in the yard :)

Ok, let's try this menu, again. Yesterday I stuck to it beautifully all day and I was 100% satisfied, but Grim offered to make me a grilled cheese for dinner and I definitely do not have enough will power to turn that down! It gave me a stomachache, though, so luckily I don't think I will be tempted to do that again!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 10/27/20 3:47 am, edited 10/26/20 8:48 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning folks,

I'm going to try logging in before lunch today. I'm always up early but usually hit the ground running with work. Today I have a case of what my Grandpa used to call the "can't help its"!! I hit the snooze a couple of times and it's all I can do not to grab a cat and take a nap!!

This shows evidence of the situation:

So as I mentioned late yesterday, the appointment with the doctor went well as far as more info and some short-term decisions being made. Hopefully this week or early next week I'll start another injection cycle (about 8 weeks) at the base of my head. Once that's done I'll be sent to the best spine neurosurgeon in this area. I've already had other surgeons saying that my neck is too bad that they won't work on it...sissies!! The truly frustrating thing is that I maxed my insurance out of pocket back in August, but since surgery won't be until at least January...argh!! $$$$

Oh well, enough of that for now....

QOTD: Hey JB, who says that I don't speak woof and meow, and that my kids don't speak Hooman?!?! The problem is that my kids have minds of their own and usually just ignore me unless I have food in hand...

I did about 80% good yesterday with food. There were 5 ginger snaps and a handful of goldfi****'s really hard to resist treats when I'm feeling sorry for myself. Poor excuse, but it's what I'm going through at the moment. Also I wasn't steady enough to walk outside yesterday, but today is a new day for both.

Food:

B1: Earl Grey tea w/ Miralax, Unjury Mighty Bites protein bar

B2: tea #2, 1 cup of berries, 1 clementine

S: protein shake

L: TJ's salmon burger, baby carrots, grape tomatoes

S: ?

D: I'm going to try to make a new pot of soup today, so that will probably be dinner.

E: I have acupuncture this afternoon a couple of blocks away. If I'm steady, I'll walk the long way home.

Have a safe, healthy and joyful day!

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 10/27/20 5:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You are right, today is a new day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/27/20 7:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am also glad today is a new day also. I needed to get over that poor choice Monday tool. DH is seeing his neurosurgeon today. I don't expect much. It drives me crazy there only answers are a shot or a pill. I wish there were better answers for anyone with chronic pain. I feel so bad for you guys that go through this daily. I got to be honest, you do so much better than I would at it. I'd be on the phone often screaming for help. I also would get a medical marijuana card and stay stoned to put it out of my mind.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/27/20 7:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am sure you will find the right surgeon!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 10/27/20 7:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Good luck with the new neurosurgeon! Sending lots of positive thoughts that things go very very well!

MadisonRose
on 10/27/20 4:12 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! This will be quick as I'm sleepy as usual and running behind this morning. Yesterday my accountability was 10x better! So hopefully the extra weight I put on overnight continues to come off! Thursday I have to go into the office to get my flu shot. Oh joy!

QOTD: This is tough. I can't decide because I'd love to hear what my cats have to say to me and especially would love to hear from the kitten as to why she insists on going wild everyday and destroying my house when she has tons of toys to play with? Lol. On the other hand I'd love for them to be able to understand me so when I tell them No they comprehend what I'm saying instead of just looking at me like I've lost my mind or completely ignore me. I'm pretty sure that even if they understood me they'd completely ignore me anyway though! Lol

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: 2 oz roast beef and a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: leftover salmon and veggies

S: L&F Greek yogurt and an apple or another protein shake

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 10/27/20 9:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am pretty sure I don't want to hear what my cats have to say--they have definitely learned some four letter meows.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 10/27/20 4:23 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Hey sorry to jump in again, but I have a QOTD that I'd like to ask.

One of my best coping mechanisms when things get bad (mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.) is to put in my ear buds and turn up the music. I have a variety of playlists depending what I'm in the mood for or what mood I'm trying to get to. Sometimes when the pain is overwhelming, I just put on almost anything so my brain has a distraction from sinking into the pain.

Strangely I have a sleep playlist that has just the sound of cats purring. My kids should understand that this is part of their contract but they're not consistent!

When I've having trouble waking up or getting focused on my works, I often put on Pop-Rock, including Pink, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, Joan Jett, etc. I often chair dance to get myself going.

So I guess my question is: do you listen to music to change your mood? Certain songs, genres, performers, etc.? Or is music just not your thing?

Just curious!

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

supershopper
on 10/27/20 4:41 am

we have amazon music-I have a calm music playlist which is just really good songs, and a gym workout mix which is a lot of party music, etc.

the rest I listen to xm in the car. OR my audiobooks

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8