What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/9/20 2:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Reporting in from day one of my staycation! Whoo! It's really remarkable how little I have to do... I made a list of thing I wanted to do this week and I already did half of them over the weekend, haha. Whoops. Today I think I will drive over to the ocean and take a nice long walk there, then head to Trader Joe's. I never did get to the grocery store after running out of food on Friday--I just cobbled together too many servings of cheese & crackers over the weekend, and then I ordered steak and mango tacos from my favorite place last night :)

QOTD: Do you have a mini goal that is motivating you, right now? I have an appointment with my surgeon's office on Friday (which was rescheduled from the summer when they were not seeing non-emergencies). I feel embarrassed that I have gained a few pandemic pounds and I am motivated to be really awesome with good and exercise this week. I can't lose what I gained in 4 days, but I want to go there feeling more in control.

No menu yet... I need to get myself to the grocery store and do some cooking and planning! But I am definitely starting the day with leftover steak tacos for breakfast!!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 11/9/20 3:09 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I love your memes. I always get a good laugh even if I relate all too well.

My mini goal right now that is motivating me is trying to get our new to us home in order. Shortages of some supplies have slowed plans down but we are making progress, even if it progress looks different than plan A. I am incredibly grateful for what we are working towards.

I had a mini panic attack when a family member accidentally spilled shampoo all over my scale. I think the scale is broken and I have been just incredibly anxious about my body and weight since that point. Clothes fit okay but my food fears and anxieties over returning to that before WLS version of myself hangs over my head. I have been indulging in foods I know I shouldn't eat for reasons that have nothing to do with hunger so I know I need to reign those habits in ASAP.

Starting the day with my coffee and hoping I can stay in some sort of routine today. I would like to dig up some raspberry starts from one home to take root in our new home as well. They are pretty hardy and definitely prolific. If finances allow I would like to start some fruit trees next Spring as well but we still have fruit trees at our other home so that is something to be grateful for. I hope to tend to both gardens and see what we can produce. Goals.

My BF saved me an appropriate piece of his steak from last night so maybe that today later and possibly some scrambled eggs. I am trying to focus on protein instead of the carbs I am CRAVING BADLY. Lord help me lol.

I hope everyone is staying well and making good choices. Let's make it a good week in spite of the craziness the media is shoveling at us eh?

Teenie
on 11/9/20 12:14 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I know you can start fruit trees from cuttings and dipping them in honey. I am sure you can You tube it. Just wanted to suggest it in hopes to save you some money good luck with your transition.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

momyshaver
on 11/10/20 2:42 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I had not heard that. I will look into it. It can't hurt to try, at least. Money saved would most certainly be welcome as unexpected expenses and increasing costs on just about everything ... yeah, lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/20 4:07 am, edited 11/8/20 8:31 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

The awful weather continues in Florida ... I never imagined it could blow for seven days and nights Straight especially After Hurricane Season ....but that's Florida for you.

The wind sounded like a TRAIN last night in my ocean-facing bedroom and even Tilly the preggo Persian was scared so we cuddled together all night - then at 2 AM she started panting and Voila magically produced four gorgeous Fancy Feast kittens all perfectly clean and sucking down milk this morning ( on a towel by the front door - who knows how I'm going to get in and out lol)

I had some grandma-in -the -making anxiety soothing cheesy popcorn around 3 AM and sf FF chai tea latte

B-more chai tea latte , can't exercise due to storm ( can't even unpack the CAR its been like a hurricane in the parking lot )

L-leftover eggplant lasagna n cherry pie w 'rents ( if there's any left , it was a giant hit) otherwise ice milk

D- DK but I hope it involves Greek Salad

I THOUGHT it was Cyber Monday since I NEED to pull the trigger on some large TVS that will make my bedrooms much more functional spaces. No such luck yet though - is it even Black Friday Nov 11 th or does that happen too after Thanksgiving? . You can see how much of a shopper I normally am lol!

I'm torn between sending a large amount of money into the ether Hoping 3 giant TV s will miraculously arrive from China or India or Turkey ( and WHY won't any of the sellers deal through the traditional routes which guarantee delivery and refund your money ? !! or just biting the bullet and paying literally $1000 more per TV here. I swear there are more scams regarding TVs on the internet than cat fishing Nigerian "princes" looking for brides lol.

I want to finish building one walk in closet/shoe rack floor to ceiling storage wall and get started on the second one. Finally stashing all that STUFF I'm now tripping over will be super therapeutic.

Project- still working on the retirement money giant project ( need to get another deadline extension) . This is why I'm making up the office finally .

White Dove
on 11/9/20 6:03 am - Warren, OH

Congratulations on the new kittens. Hope to see a picture soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 11/9/20 4:11 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Had a wonderful birthday weekend, but ate entirely too much and foods that were not on plan. So this week it's back to healthy eating!

Accountability was as mentioned above....pretty much crap the whole weekend.

QOTD: my goal is to finally reach my goal weight. Not sure how long it will take me and I haven't even given myself a deadline. I had hoped to be at my goal by my birthday, but that did not happen. However, I did lose my few pounds of regain by my birthday. I was back up a couple pounds this morning though....no doubt is was due to my unhealthy eating over the weekend. So the plan is to get there when I get there. I am a bit afraid with the holidays approaching, but hopefully they won't put a damper on my goal too much.

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: 4 oz baked salmon and broccoli

S: L&F Greek yogurt and an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 11/9/20 4:11 am, edited 11/8/20 8:12 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy your staycation week and don?t pack it too full!! Relax!

Important news to report, I finished the matching bottles of shampoo and conditioner on the same day, so clearly my witch powers are finally arriving. I anticipate additional ones, such as ?folding a fitted sheet? to materialize soon.

We?re supposed to get snow this afternoon so after my 530 to 630 meeting, I?m going to put chili in the crockpot. I read about 8 triples yesterday and am trying my own creation.

qotd - unsupported handstands. I can do them in the trx but want to do them free and clear. Also would like to be able to do a traditional pull up and to do the castle rock incline with no stops. I?ve gone from needing three to just one, but not quite there

menu

coffee + half and half x 3

cold brew skyr

left over Italian beef from the freezer

chili with shredded cheddar

light and fit greek

Have a terrific Monday and start to the week everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 11/9/20 5:11 am

You're a badass Jen, I love it!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Emiepie
on 11/9/20 5:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You're killing it!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics