Whats on Your Sunday Menu ( n Exercise ?)

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/20 5:49 am, edited 12/20/20 6:03 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I slipped w the alcohol Thursday nite ( bought a bottle of 99 Bananas ) and basically ruined Friday and Saturday exercise and work wise .

I was HOPING allowing myself a bit less rigidity would jump start my willingness to work and clean the apartment ... and it has helped a bit in that sense - but I feel that the physical depression ( just don't feel like swimming for instance ) bloat and immediately visible aging aren't worth it.

So I'm back to " normal" .... whatever that is .... right now I'm simply Choosing to abstain.

Sleep patterns are still abnormal.

Need to clean apartment, deal with financial stuff, deal with work and setting up office

Last nite watching TV all nite as ( lately ) usual , low-fat meatloaf happened , also a bit of stale popcorn and an experiment with " real" Mac n cheese ( which sucked ) . Instead I ate two ( large ) slices of homemade fat free zucchini lasagna. And maybe six low-fat pistachio Italian biscotti.

Yep, it was a real winner of a nite food -wise ( and probably the real reason I'm not able to sleep is that I eat a REAL MEAL at what should be bedtime grrrr .

This guy's gained control lately clearly

I'm thoroughly ashamed but I refused to go swimming this morning .

I DO intend to SERIOUSLY start cleaning instead starting as soon as I finish posting , and maybe even clean out and wash and vacuum the car to get it ready for the drive North .

B- Chai tea latte FF and SF . Perhaps WW toast w homemade apricot butter ( made with nothing but dried apricots ).

L- probably fat free green beans Hungarian style , maybe Hungarian style cucumber salad .

Chicken breast Marsala w mushrooms , baby baked potatoes w rosemary " butter " ( fat free )

Finally cutting the ( very low-fat ) ricotta lemon cheesecake I baked Thursday topped with extra fruit cherry topping , fresh blueberries and fresh fresh strawberries . Fat free whipped cream.

D- ice milk , salad w ff dressing , maybe a beach walk with Dad after dinner

MadisonRose
on 12/20/20 6:07 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Oops well I started us off but as I was typing this was already started so I deleted mine. Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

MadisonRose
on 12/20/20 6:17 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! It's been one heck of a weekend so far. Went shopping with my brother yesterday and got blisters on both my feet from my new boots and boy do they hurt! Got a lot accomplished yesterday though. I even came home and got all my Christmas gifts wrapped! Yay! I don't even want to discuss accountability though! My eating has been all over the place. Too many damn temptations and holiday goodies available to eat. I love Christmas, but on one hand will be glad when it's over so I can get back on track and won't have to deal with all these sweet temptations!

While I was out shopping yesterday I bought 2 bottles of wine. Now I was never a big drinker before surgery especially not a wine drinker and I haven't drank at all since surgery. So not sure what possessed me to buy some, but figured a glass every now and then wouldn't hurt. So of course I indulged in a glass last night even though I so did not need the extra calories! Think I'll skip the glass tonight so I can keep my calories as low as possible.

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: protein shake

L: celery sticks with Buffalo chicken breast dip & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: zoodles with marinara sauce & meatballs

S: L&F Greek yogurt & an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 12/20/20 8:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Pre op I never had to worry about storing wine, post op, I've found that a good quality water bottle like a swell or hydro flask, does a great job of storage for a week or two.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 12/20/20 4:47 pm, edited 12/20/20 8:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Jen, I have a Coravin on my Christmas list. I will report back on how it works. (assuming I have not been placed on the naughty list)

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/20 3:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh yes, would love to hear if that really works or if it's just a gimmick!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/20/20 7:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Veggie Woman - I honestly don't think it's possible to be less rigid when you're talking a substance addiction (it's different with food, which I think is more of a behavioral addiction - because you need to eat to stay alive). I've never had an issue with alcohol (I never drank much because alcoholism runs on my mom's side of the family - her brothers were both alcoholics), but I smoked for 17 years. After two semi-successful quits (when I quit for a year or more - and in both cases happened to bum a cigarette while out with a friend and was back smoking full-time within a couple of weeks), I knew if I wanted to be successful I could never, ever have another cigarette - ever again!

anyway, back to OH. I have to go back to my mom's again today to try to get the malware off her two computers. She's hosed two of them now, probably be clicking on some rogue link or Web site. Of course she doesn't have the Windows installation disks or I'd just blow away everything and re-install - and I'm not sure if her computers - both a few years old - have adequate disk space, etc. to handle Windows 10 (she has 7 on them now). Plus it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend $150 or whatever on Windows 10 to put on an ancient computer. Anyway, I worked on one of them for about three hours the other day. I'm dreading going back over there, but...it has to be done. Other than that, not much going on today.

accountability was fabulous yesterday, plus I did an hour of Zumba, but my weight was up this morning. Ugh. Probably water weight from the chili and turkey slices. I should probably stop weighing myself every day, since these fluctuations are starting to drive me crazy.

TSS: 5y6m

B: omelet made with chicken sausage, a little goat cheese, and broccoli (oh boy...more sodium!), coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I'll probably be at my mom's then - if so, I'll take a protein pumpkin muffin with me

AS: probably the usual L&F yogurt - and maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese if I'm OK calorie-wise

D: turkey and sweet potato

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 12/20/20 7:46 am - Warren, OH

There comes a point with computers where you might as well just bite the bullet and replace it. I hate to spend the money but getting rid of the constant aggravation is worth it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 12/20/20 8:18 am, edited 12/20/20 12:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree. Hers is seven years old. My dad's (his wife gave it to me after he died because she never used it - she had a laptop) is probably the same age -- if not older - but it hadn't been used for a few years since he had Alzheimer's).

I'm afraid if she gets a new one she's just going to hose it, like the other two - although maybe after losing two, she'll know not to click on every link she gets through email or FB messenger. My sister offered to let her use an old laptop, so I'll try setting that up for her (Mom) today so she'll have something to use while I deal with her two desktops. Worst case scenario, we'll just get her a new one and hope she doesn't screw it up. Or get a REALLY good malware-fighting program, if there is one!!

White Dove
on 12/20/20 12:54 pm - Warren, OH

I am very happy with Malwarebytes and think it is $25 a year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?