What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/5/21 1:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Everyone, Gotta make this quick. Whew-this busy season is already ramping up a little more than I anticipated. Good thing I was well rested yesterday, because it was a marathon of scheduled meetings, with lots of unscheduled emergency phone calls, and crazy emails sprinkled in. Expecting the same today, so I want to get started early.

QOTD: Have you ever built a full sized snowman? Yes! Only once, and it's sort of a funny story. I was about 9 or 10, maybe, and my neighbors and I were waiting for the school bus after a huge storm dumped a few feet of snow. We built a fort, then a full huge snowman. Needless to say hours and hours had passed and none of us had noticed that the bus never came, lol. I can't remember whose parents discovered us after a few hours, but we got driven to school hours late, in soaking wet, freezing-cold clothes. When we came home we ran right out decorated him with clothes. I wish I had pictures of it because I remember it as huge and awesome, but I wonder how it really looked... ;)

Accountability was good. Not one extra bite of food, and a little exercise in the morning (elliptical & treadmill). The rest of the day was 100% sedentary so I am glad I got a little in, at least. I'm starting to find my groove with the staying under 800 calorie plan. I'm not saying I couldn't eat twice as much, but I am mostly satisfied enough, with what I've planned.

Down a few pounds total since my vigilance restarted, and this morning I got to flip the odometer down from the number that was stressing me out the most!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 1/5/21 3:29 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I some how agreed to work 9am-10pm today + on call over night as I was already scheduled to work 9-5 at the one hospital, but the other is desperate for evening coverage as we've had a few sick calls.. so here we go to the most insane day. My new coffee maker came in yesterday and I'm so looking forward to making my latte today!

QOTD: yes! I still love building Snowmen! When I was little my birthday fell on Easter Sunday and we had just gotten a giant blizzard (not uncommon where I grew up in April..) so they built me a giant snow bunny, and dyed it Easter colours.. such a fond memory.

b: egg whites and piece of toast

S: fairlife latte

l: turkey meatballs

S: broccoli frittata

D: turkey taco

S: L&F yogurt

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 1/5/21 4:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, you're a trooper. Try and make sure you keep hydrated and eat when you can as it's important for you to take of yourself so you can continue to care for others.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

KalesD
on 1/5/21 5:06 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Yes ma'am! I am lucky in that my department always makes sure that staff gets their break times. I've packed my food for the entire day! It should be interesting.

have a fabulous day!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Erin T.
on 1/5/21 3:45 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I feel like I'm on my last days before everything gets insane. I start classes on 1/19 and the university I work for also starts that day - which means my group will be insanely busy. We are supporting a new application that will dictate when/how students get testing every 34 hours! In addition, out of 10 staff members I have one open position, one on long-term FMLA leave, and two out with covid now.

QOTD: I've made a million snowmen given that for the first 35 years I lived basically in the arctic.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Salad: Turkey, Lettuce, Cucumber, Cauliflower, Cheese, Ranch
  • Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti

Yesterday, I did 20 minutes on the bike and my PT exercises. Today I'll be doing 20-30 minutes on the bike, planks, and also my stretching.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Emiepie
on 1/5/21 4:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, sorry about the staffing stuff, I know it's never easy.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 1/5/21 3:48 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Quick post as I have a video appointment with my bariatric nurse practitioner this morning before I start work. My weight is still not where I want it, but at least I've lost a few pounds of the regain. I'm just glad I don't have to actually go into the office and step on the scale!

Accountability was good yesterday. I'm trying to fight my cravings and go to bed earlier so I don't eat everything in the house!

QOTD: Well I live in the south so it's rare for us to get even a sprinkle of snow. I remember the big snow storm of 89 though. It was the most snow we had ever gotten. Had a white Christmas that year. I was 7 and remember my brother and I being too excited to even open our Christmas presents. We wanted to go outside and play in the snow instead. So we were out there for hours with our cousins having snow ball fights, making snow angels and building the biggest snowman we could possibly build. We were quite proud of it. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for it to melt and we watched all our hard work go to waste. lol

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: Fit frappe

L: 2 oz chicken breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: either oatmeal or granola with 1% Fairlife milk

S: L&F yogurt & fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 1/5/21 4:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! We made it to Tuesday! Long day for me but I only have one double booking and it's a half hour overlap during a 3 hour workshop that's being recorded. I laughed when I looked at my calendar last night because my assistant actually scheduled a 30 minute lunch for me to make sure I took one. I have about 2 hours of one on ones and I like those the best so that will be nice and then I end with an hour presentation to our regional President. Should be a good day.

QOTD - I have made snowmen but they were always very short people.

menu today is mostly leftovers which makes it easy on busy days!

B - GF PB toast

L - pizza casserole

D - taco meat and cheddar

S - L&F greek, warm milk with SF Eggnog syrup

EX - now that they've moved us back a level, I can do two pilates classes so I have a jump class and then a 1.5 class tonight; it's a great combo.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/5/21 4:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good job on the weight drop! I am dreading stepping on the scale and want a few days of being on plan first. I felt super fat yesterday.

I am in Florida, but it is 45 this morning though it will be in the mid-70s this afternoon. I may go to the beach for a bit but I wish our pool was open. It is undergoing repairs and right now isn't due to reopen until the end of January.

QOTD: When I was growing up we made lots of snowmen and forts. Snowball fights were frequent and at least one year the snow was high enough that when my mother was out my brother and I repeatedly climbed out his bedroom window onto the roof overhanging the first floor and jumped into the snow covered bushes. When the snow thawed that year my mother couldn't figure out why the bushes had a hole in them.

TSS: 4 years, 9 months

B: Coffee!!! eggs and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad

D: healthy choice meal

S: blueberry muffin if I get them made

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 1/5/21 4:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning!! Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday- I felt all the love. Work was busy and they are doing a salad bar lunch on Friday which is so nice of them. Today is another pay day so I'm praying all goes smooth! Believe it or not it's almost been three months already.

Accountability: I did pretty good. I did add a Mikey's muffin top after dinner that I had sorta planned for but I also had some protein granola that I didn't plan on.....

QOTD: We made one at 6th grade Winter camp.

TSS: 6 years, 4 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: 1/2 turkey sandwich on Chompie's bread, salad, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Mixed nuts, string cheese, turkey stick and yogurt

D: Enchilada bake, salad, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 1 hour treadmill run and 1 hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1340 Protein: 116 Carbs:103 Fat: 57

Have a great one!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views