What's on your Thursday Menu?

supershopper
on 1/7/21 8:31 am

can you do yoga or maybe arm weights? that way you can get your pump in without hurting yourself.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 1/7/21 12:41 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

After a good few weeks of complete rest I may try hubby's yoga program (it's called DDPYoga). It's just hard on me mentally to not run.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/7/21 10:52 am

With small injuries like that I relay on my acupuncture person, who helped me heal many small (yet panful) muscles' or joints' injuries. That included a rolled ankle when I was jumping on a small trampoline and my right foot folded under... i never saw a doc, because I knew it was soft tissue injury. I used acupuncture, plus self -massage, self poultices, wraps, and ankle brace to prevent re-injury. First few weeks I had a hard time walking, and I used a really stiff brace, progressed to a softer one, then to just neoprene wrap.

If you don't allow it to heal, it can get damaged more seriously and it may require a reconstructive surgery. As we are getting older, our joints can become less flexible and easier to damage, and longer to recover.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 1/7/21 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

What your saying is exactly what my hubby was telling me. He wants to be supportive on all sides but doesn't want me either need surgery or have a permanent injury/pain. I feel like part of my identity is a "runner"... I know my head is still a work in progress.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/7/21 1:04 pm - Amarillo, TX

Hugs! It's hard to listen to our bodies. I've spent my entire teen and adult life not listening to it. Just remember to show yourself the love you give everyone else!

Emiepie
on 1/7/21 3:56 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks so much! I also have to remember I was hard on my body for a long time carrying all the extra weight.

Christina135
on 1/7/21 5:33 am, edited 1/7/21 4:55 am

Mernin' y'all

QOTD - I work in real estate administration. My background is in IT, and I'm looking for a way to move back into IT but stay with the same organization. In spare time, I wrangle 5 dogs, dress up like a Star Wars character, love my husband and best friend, and live in a 100 year old house. I also am working towards a degree in health and dietetic wellness, and simultaneously working on herbalism knowledge/certification.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - Soyrizo/Kale/potato on toast with avocado butter

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - apple with peanut butter

Dinner - Dunno, but thinking something OUT! I don't feel like cooking!

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 1/7/21 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well my cat's necropsy showed that he died of a sudden, massive heart attack. The vet could tell he'd been fine up until then since his stomach was full of food - so obviously he felt great most of the day. She said it was likely quick and he didn't suffer much, if at all. She also said he had some masses on his lungs, but they were small like it was just getting underway. If he hadn't had the heart attack, it was very likely he would have eventually died of cancer, so this was actually much better.

nothing on the agenda today as I have yet another 24-hour urine test (to test my calcium levels), so I have to stick close to home. That's fine - I'll finish watching the movie for my film discussion meeting tomorrow and do some reading.

accountability was great yesterday. I also did a Zoom cardio class. May do a strength-training class today.

QOTD: my bachelor's was in computer science, and I had a short stint as a programmer before realizing I really didn't want to do that, so I got a master's in counseling psych and spent ten years working in (university) student services, whi*****luded stints in housing, financial aid, and career counseling. I started a second master's (in library science) while still working in student services. My original plan was to go into archives (because of my love of history), but because of my IT background, which by that time was ancient but much needed in the library world (1990-ish - when they were moving online), I ended up doing library/IT combo work for much of my library career (although I did pretty much straight library work for the last three or so years). I've been retired for 2.5 years.

TSS: 5y7m

B: protein pumpkin muffin, Carbmaster yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: not sure. Maybe L&F yogurt and homemade pumpkin hummus on a graham cracker

D: the last of the turkey chili, salad

have a great day, everyone!!

Emiepie
on 1/7/21 6:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad you know he didn't suffer

Teenie
on 1/7/21 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh glad the Cat did not suffer. That is exactly how I would like to go when my number is called. Hope you find Solace in knowing he did not suffer.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
Queen JB · 39 replies · 345 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 39 replies · 345 views