What's on your Thursday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/7/21 6:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning from Southwest Florida. I have been staying within plan for 3 days now. Yeah! Today I am driving across the state to visit Mike for the next few days. My plan is to leave when the football games start on Sunday as he will be glued to the TV and to his snacks for the rest of the day. Not my idea of a good time.

QOTD: I have been retired for a little over 3 years now, which I love. However up to a year ago when he passed away I had another "job" as a caretaker for DH who had early onset Alzheimer's. Prior to that I was an executive at an insurance company where I worked for for most of 40 years. My job changed a lot over the years. I was in underwriting, actuarial, and technology. I was a developer, a project manager, a strategic planner and a manager. Even though I loved my job for most of that time and I miss the people, I don't miss the stress. I am still in contact with my favorite friends from work.

TSS: 4 years, 9 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: ??? (at Mike's)

S: WW recipe blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 1/7/21 5:12 pm - Warren, OH

One of my divorced friends met a guy on a Catholic singles site. One Sunday they went to Mass and went back to her house. She started dinner and he turned on a football game. She said she suddenly realized it was her marriage happening all over again and she broke up with him. I remind Gary sometimes that I do not need a repeat of my marriage.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 1/7/21 6:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends!

I am about to head off to my neurosurgeon appointment. Nervous because I don't know if they'll listen. I just want someone to listen. You'd think that they would but alas so many don't.

Food was kind of hectic yesterday. All of the stuff happening and a personal issue with the funeral I was supposed to go to today. I decided not to go to the funeral. I mean the woman hated me. She really hated me. I talked with my best friend from HS a lot and told her it was freaking out my anxiety to go and she told me some stuff going on. So it's best if I don't go. I'm so relieved...I mean soooooooooooo relieved.

my second appointment today was moved to tomorrow afternoon on the phone. So when I get home I'm going to start coloring again. I got a special thing to color that I'll share when I'm done. I have to tell you when I saw it I laughed out loud! Made me so happy.

qotd: I am currently fighting social security to get back on disability. Before that I was my grandparents caretaker. My grandpa had Alzheimer's and leukemia. That all including me cleaning, fixing food and all the house stuff. My grandma died of colon cancer but had bad knees and lupus. It was the hardest job but one I would do again. I was very close with my grandpa esp. he was my hero in the good and bad. I miss them. In the mean time now I do chainmaille and make tutorials. I won't get rich off of it but I love it so much!

b: GF donut and coffee

l: chicken salad with cranberries and pecans

d: leftover arm roast and ???

s: popcorn and ???

have a good day everyone!

Teenie
on 1/7/21 7:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I had an Aunt when I was in College told me at a family picnic, mind you that it was a shame I was fat because I could be really cute. Needless to say she was pretty close to #1 on my **** list. When she passed I was at the casket front and center and I poked her in the chest just to make sure that ***** was dead. Aren't I a lovely human.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

supershopper
on 1/7/21 8:34 am

that made me laugh really hard.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Melody P.
on 1/7/21 12:42 pm - Amarillo, TX

LOL

Teenie
on 1/7/21 7:25 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

OK I am confused how do they take you off of social security Disability. I thought once you were approved it was never reviewed again.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 1/7/21 9:30 am - Amarillo, TX

I thought that too but I was wrong. They reviewed pretty much every year. They said I was still disabled but not disabled enough. That they didn't know what I could do but I could do something. Total bull****

I just got home from neurosurgeon. He is writing a personal letter to SSD and enlisting their special team to help me out. He was gobsmacked and said "they are full of ****". I am dreamed a surgery failure. So they are going to try and get me a stimulator. If that doesn't get approved I don't know what the next step will be.

thank you!

Teenie
on 1/7/21 1:54 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Crazy. As always your in my prayers.

White Dove
on 1/7/21 5:15 pm - Warren, OH

My brother was on disability for mental illness. He was starting to do really good and at one of his checkups told the doctors how well he was feeling. They sent a letter the next month telling him that since he was better, they were taking away his disability.

When he had his next appointment, they asked him how he was doing. He told them he had an accident on the way to see the doctor. He said that God was in the middle of the road and he could not avoid hitting him. So God is dead and he was so sorry.

The reinstated his disability.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics