What's on your Wednesday Menu?

KalesD
on 1/13/21 3:08 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning! It's hump day! Half way through the worlds longest week!

Some good news.. this morning I'm officially down 50lbs. Feels good. This photo really speaks to me lately - I sometimes don't recognize the person looking back at me anymore. In my heart, I'm still me.. but the person looking back at me has never been seen in her adult life! Weird.

Hairloss has begun, and while I know it's temporary it still none the less has me down in the dumps. Didn't think it would have this much of an effect on me.. but I was wrong. I think the combination of new COVID lockdowns, more stress at work and now my hair coming out is proving to be a bit more then I bargained for mentally.

QOTD: Post weight loss did you find people treated you differently?? I find that people I've worked with both pre and post wls are nicer to me. I know it's not just in my head.. It really grinds my gears as I'm the same person. I've still got the same take-none-of-your-**** attitude and tell-you-like-it-is.. just in a smaller body.

B: half an English muffin, 1/2 slice light cheddar, 1 egg

S: fairlife latte

L: cauli rice & 2oz chicken

S: 125g skyr yogurt, 15g PB, 5g bran buds, 50g berries

D: tortilla pizza with turkey bacon I think.

S: ? :)

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/13/21 3:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning - we were posting at the same time so I deleted mine!

At first, I was ok with the hairloss, I have SO MUCH hair...I went from barely being able to get a hair tie around it twice to being able to get it around it 4 times which was when I may have started to wonder if it would stop...I am pretty sure if I was a knitter, I could have made a blanket. From when it started to when it was normal again it was probably 9 months.

Another long day but I think I can log off after my meeting and relax; do I think I will have a ton of work today and should probably stay on? Yes! Am I going to? Probably not.

QOTD - The only place I've noticed this is with the medical community. Now if I have a concern or question, the answer isn't automatically "because your weight". Outside of that, I can't think of any scenarios.

Menu today is

GF PB toast + skyr

cottage cheese and pistachios

burger with smoked cheddar and pickle

L&F greek or built bar

coffee + half and half X 3

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 1/13/21 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Great Answer to QOTD It's amazing when they think you take an interest in your health how much better you are treated. As a SMO person I felt neglected.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 1/13/21 4:09 am - Warren, OH

I was often treated differently post weight loss. I also was judged when people found out that I had weight loss surgery. It is part of the world we live in. I feel sorry for people who are so shallow. I especially feel sorry for people whose lives could be so much better with the surgery, but they never get it because of the ignorance of themselves and those around them.

For a while, I was really skinny and got to enjoy complaining that it was next to impossible to find good professional clothing once size 4 was too big for me. That changed in year 3 when some of those size 4 items got too tight.

I also would tell people that I took the easy way out because diet and exercise just was not working that well for me. It was not true and I did plenty of diet and exercise after surgery, but it was a good comeback when they accused me of taking the easy way out.

My thin hair was on top and I was very good at disguising it. When I would go to a new stylist, they would be a bit shocked with they wet my hair and saw how thin it was. I used a powder than goes on the scalp. I also was good with teasing and hairspray, so only my hairdresser really knew the extent of the hair loss.

If thin hair at the scalp is noticeable, the best solution I found was called Toppik. I bought it from Sally's Beauty.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 1/13/21 4:15 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

MadisonRose
on 1/13/21 4:28 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Ready to get this work day over with! I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think I want to go ahead with the skin removal surgery. I think it might give me the little extra boost I need to lose these last few pounds that don't seem to want to come off. My doctor told me to just send her an email when I'm ready and I don't have to wait until my next appointment. So plan on doing that today.

Accountability was pretty good yesterday. Weight had kind of stalled again, but it's getting to be that time of month again so no surprise there. Just ready to have these excess pounds gone! I keep alternating between days where I'm not the least bit hungry and eat very little and days where I feel like I can't get enough to eat.

QOTD: pre surgery people treated me like I was almost invisible. Which is odd to me in a way since there was so much of me, it was hard not to see me. Now people are so much nicer and it's like I get noticed a lot more. Very strange feeling to get used to for me.

B: Coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: Fit frappe

L: 2 oz chicken breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: ? Maybe some oatmeal

S: L&F Greek yogurt & fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 1/13/21 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Congratulations on your surgery decision. It's a game changer and your deserve it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 1/13/21 11:32 am - Warren, OH

There was something in the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies that really stuck with me. A lady said, "Weight loss surgery gave me back my health, plastic surgery gave me back my self confidence".

The only thing I regret about my tummytuck was that I did not invest in more scar treatment. I had a big red scar that took years to fade. I did not want to buy the cream that my surgeon recommended because it seemed too expensive at the time. I think it was $50 for a bottle that lasted about two weeks.

If I had it to do over, I would have just done that as well as silicone sheets. Maybe the results would have been the same, but I would have known I did everything I could to minimize the scarring.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 1/13/21 3:29 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I sell the silicone sheets that is the best way to go because you can rinse and reuse but the downside is you have to be diligent and use every day for at least 6 months. I didn't use them either. But I do have plastic surgeons as customers who swear by them.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/13/21 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Another gray, rainy day in Florida (mostly this afternoon and evening). We don't get too many of these but they are depressing when we do. So I have NO IDEA what I am going to do today other than my usual morning walk and trying for a vaccine appointment again.

QOTD: The biggest change was how men treated me. DH didn't change, but other men definitely paid more attention which was kind of surprising to me because I was 61 when I had my surgery.

TSS: 4 years, 9 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: healthy choice meal or shrimp

S: air popped popcorn, WW muffin with blueberries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views