What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/13/21 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

yes! /\ to that! LOL

good morning everyone! Hope that you're all having a good start to the weekend. Mines off to a rocky start. I think I've got a sinus infection and I slept very little last night.

I found out my spinal cord stimulator is scheduled for March 30th. Whilst I wi**** were closer I am super looking forward to it. Just have to hope and pray the insurance approves it.

it's supposed to snow upwards of 10 inches tonight into Sunday and another chance Tuesday. Low of -10 Sunday. Yuck! Staying indoors!

If animals could talk, which would be the rudest and the kindest?

I'd say it's either badgers or cats for the rude and possums for the kindest.(I know some people hate them but they really are sweet. The wildlife center here rehabs them and I held one once...so sweet!)

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: protein shake with strawberries and banana

d: ???

s: popcorn and grapes...oh and a ultra thin corn tortilla

catwoman7
on 2/13/21 6:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Just a drive-by since I have a virtual Zumba class in 20 minutes (the instructor is moving to Portland, OR this coming week, so his last class in Monday night - boo! He's SO MUCH FUN!!

snowing here, too - but I think they're just calling for an inch or two. Although that's on top of the ton of snow we already have. It'll be awhile before this stuff starts melting since it's going to be in the single digits and teens most of the week (but 30-ish next weekend - YAY!!)

I have to figure out why the microphone on my organization's new laptop isn't working on Zoom, and then DH wants us to do a couple of major cleaning projects - so full day.

QOTD: Badgers are definitely mean. And tough. That's why my alma mater has them as the mascot!

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: ham sandwich (on 35-calorie Aldi's bread)

AS: yogurt. And maybe a skinny bagel or English muffin

D: chicken tikka masala on riced cauliflower

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 2/13/21 7:41 am - Warren, OH

QOTD: I have never seen a badger, but have heard they are mean. I remember seeing crocodiles at Sea World years ago and thought they looked very mean. My friend had a groundhog in his yard. It had been injured in some way and limped but seemed like a sweet little animal. I remember once trying to get close to it, but it was frightened. A lot of people around here feed squirrels and they seem to get very tame and recognize the person who feeds them peanuts. I have seen one go running to my brother for its daily treat.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 2/13/21 8:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

awww...that poor groundhog! It's too bad he/she was so frightened. I'm guessing there's a wildlife rehab place somewhere around there that might have been able to help the poor thing! But if they're really frightened, there's not much you can do...

are there black squirrels in your area? I remember them from living in Kent. I loved them!!!

White Dove
on 2/13/21 8:13 am - Warren, OH

I think it was normal for it to be afraid of humans. It had an odd limp, but got around fine. It lived under some big apple trees and seemed to really enjoy eating the apples that fell to the ground.

We don't have those Kent black squirrels in Warren. In Warren, they are all brown squirrels. My brother named the one that lived in his yard Sammy. Sammy the Squirrel hung around for more than ten years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 2/13/21 8:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think i remember hearing/reading that those black squirrels from Kent were from Europe. They're not very common in this part of world..

ecm1109
on 2/15/21 5:38 am

I am a few days behind, but I live on the west side of Cleveland and we have the black squirrels. I lived on the east side from 2004-2017 and never saw the black squirrels. Strange.

catwoman7
on 2/15/21 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they must be slowly moving throughout the state or something. At one time they were mostly in Portage County (because someone introduced them there from Europe, I think I remember....). Re: east side of Cleveland - we lived in Cleveland Hts when I was really young (early 60s). I had relatives in some of the other eastern 'burbs (they're now all further east - in the "exburbs"). And as for west side, one of my uncles used to live in Lakewood. I go back every couple of years to visit - but it's been awhile due to COVID :-( Maybe in the fall...

Lisa91941
on 2/13/21 8:23 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Much better night's sleep. No screaming alarms at random hours terrifying me! We have to get some groceries this morning and go check on the house and make sure it's secure. The tent is off and now all eyes are focused on the next stage. New fences and roof. then I will get a bike ride in around the bay this afternoon. Looking forward to that!

QoTD: I think hedgehogs might be sweet all the want to do is roll up, snuggle and sleep and I think horses might be rude. So regal and royal. Seems they could be full of a bit of haughtiness.

Menu

B: left over mahi mahi and and egg

L: TBD during chores I'll try to make a good pick

D: shrimp tacos on slider sized corn tortilla, broccolini and 1/2c refried beans with a sprinkling of cheddar and cotija cheeses, fresh avo and limes

S: jerky/crisps

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Honeemoo
on 2/15/21 10:17 am

Hello. While reading my weekly newsletter I discovered your post. I just wanted to let you know that my mother had a spinal stimulator put in last year and started having issues with it. It was very uncomfortable for her. She ended up having it removed just a few weeks ago. It seems the battery moved a little bit. So just keep that in mind. She was 72 at the time of the placement and had just turned 74 when she had it removed. Good luck.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views