What's on your Monday menu?

Christina135
on 3/1/21 5:35 am

Mernin' errybody, Happy Monday!

QOTD - oh god. Talk about a walk down memory lane. So many musical memories. Ummm. I mean the first band (I guess you call them a band, etc.) that I was really into was the Beastie Boys. I was hooked from the minute I heard about them. And yeah, I guess I'm still into them, even though one of them has died. Is some of their earlier music problematic? Yes. Does some of it not make sense. Also yes. But I still love their musical contributions and feel it shaped my young musical leanings. I don't listen to them everyday but...there's a certain beauty to listening to Sabotage very loudly when you're driving.

Breakfast - fasting, back to my 18:6 since migraine seems to be GONE! Lots of water, black coffee

Lunch - leftovers. Either bean/vegan cheese taco or leftover pasta with salad.

Snack - chocolate mint kale smoothie

Snack - apple and mandarin

Dinner - still cleaning out leftovers

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 3/1/21 5:38 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

Normally, Sunday is my rest day from the gym, but I went boating on Saturday, so went yesterday. As an aside, whenever I hear the term "boating", I think of Mrs. Puff's school from Spongebob SquarePants. I hope everyone reacts that way.

In any case, when I got to the gym I checked in, got my temperature screen, and they casually said "we don't have any water ". I initially felt relieved that I had a few dollars to buy a drink if I needed to.

Only when I reached the locker room did it occur to me that no water meant no bathroom. Of course this realization made me need to poop.

After debating a gas station run or going back home, I decided I would be comfortable doing 2/3 of my workout and making the rest up tonight.

I lifted a little and did my gymnastics homework. Lots of core work: seal walks, hanging knee raises, Superman holds, etc. Well, I got through it all and headed home.

Like any RNY patient, I know that the greatest danger of being deprived a bathroom trip isn't an accident - it's that what is inside you will turn to concrete. So, when I got home to my potty, I approached my task with zest and vigor.

Unfortunately, between the zest, vigor, seal walks, hanging leg lifts, and supermen holds, my abdominals had enough. The right side cramped, I screamed, and I had to get into a prone position immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

So, groaning in pain and holding on to my innards, I limped into the bedroom. I had two tasks: 1) get my front side on the bed to stretch out my interior oblique muscle, 2) and keep my backside as far away from the bed linens as possible.

Fortunately, I was able to thread that needle and after a few minutes of screaming was able to return to the bathroom and finish.

QOTD: The Kinks. They never Got a ton of airplay, so I didn't burn out on them. Still smile if I hear a song.

breakfast: omelette

lunch: sausage

snack: nuts

dinner: steak

have a great day all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

wrkinprogress
on 3/1/21 6:26 am

LOL @ "Only when I reached the locker room did it occur to me that no water meant no bathroom. Of course this realization made me need to poop."

Glad you made it through this ordeal.

I find as a woman doing a pyramid set of barbell squats, I realize that my bladder isn't what it used to be. By the heaviest set I'm doing a bit of praying I make it through and can hit the washroom!

catwoman7
on 3/1/21 6:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

this is hilarious!

Teenie
on 3/1/21 7:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I love a good Poop story. Glad it worked out.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

KalesD
on 3/1/21 8:03 am
RNY on 09/30/20

This is by far one of the best posts I've read. I can't breathe you've got me laughing so hard.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Melody P.
on 3/1/21 1:52 pm - Amarillo, TX

OMG! I needed that chuckle!

Emiepie
on 3/1/21 3:42 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

The things we have to deal with post op. I, for one, never thought I'd ever discuss bathroom habits on the internet but here we are!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Maddymoe2
on 3/1/21 5:52 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and Happy March. We had a wonderful weekend. It was 58 degrees yesterday and sunny. We got some yard work done and a nice 4 mile walk. I also made the viral tik tok feta tomato pasta yesterday. I used the ****ake pasta. It was very flavorful. I'd make it again, but maybe put it over chicken.

QOTD- Tiffany. I loved her. I still know all the words to " I think, were alone now".

Food plan for today-

2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese

protein jello

tuna with siracha

chicken skewers with chop salad, spicy peanut dressing

I'm headed out for a walk with the dog after it gets light out. We will do our 4 miles again. More yard work today.I'm going to trim the wisteria back. It's supposed to be 60. My daffodils are coming up. It makes me happy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Teenie
on 3/1/21 7:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I love TikTok Feta pasta. It's just so hard to find the Feta now a days.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views