What's on your Monday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/1/21 3:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone and welcome to a new week.

No big plans for the day. We have the kids today so it'll be a long day. I miss em when I don't get to see them but after one day it's like...go home! LOL.

My pain levels have been pretty high and sleep isn't great either. I feel like I'm in a constant state of fog. I've also had a headache for over 2 weeks. But the depression is getting better bit by bit.

QOTD: Who was the first band or musician you were really into? Do you still like them?

Mine was Billy Joel's album River of Dreams. I still like the album but not so much the rest of his stuff. His was the first actual CD I owned on my own. I don't dislike his other stuff but I don't love it and rarely listen to it.

B: JUST egg, chicken sausage and coffee

L: I'm thinking of making a baked spaghetti with GF noodles

D: half a sandwich with gf bread, chao "cheese" and maybe a chai tea

S: popcorn, strawberries (maybe) and ???

MadisonRose
on 3/1/21 3:43 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! First day back to work for me after being out for a month. I'm a bit nervous to check all the many emails I'm sure that I have. Hopefully today isn't too overwhelming. It's so good to finally be feeling better! Thought this day would never come!

QOTD: Savage Garden.....they were popular when I was in high school and my best friend and I loved them. Knew the lyrics to just about every song by heart. I still like them today, but nowhere near as much as I did in high school. I was borderline obsessed back then. Haha

Accountability was pretty good yesterday, but could use improvement. Today I'm back to tracking my calories.

B: coffee and a protein shake

L: 2 oz turkey breast and a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: Forgot to take the salmon out of the freezer to marinate so probably soup.

S: L&F Greek yogurt & a banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 3/1/21 4:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh goodness! Savage Garden was so awesome! I still sing a long to it as well!

PS. Good to see you posting again :o)

Greateight
on 3/1/21 5:13 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Glad to see you back, Madison Rose! If checking the emails stresses you out, checking the older OH posts should cheer you up because everyone was worried about your illness.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/1/21 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck today, I'm sure it will go well! I am thankful to see you posting again. Oohh forgot about Savage Garden.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Maddymoe2
on 3/1/21 5:53 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Madison, so good to see you!! Thankful that your feeling better.

wrkinprogress
on 3/1/21 6:09 am

Welcome back,,, so glad to see you are on the mend.

catwoman7
on 3/1/21 5:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have a lot of odds and ends to do today, and I'm starting to stress over it. One foot in front of the other... I think it's only supposed to get up to around 30 degrees F today, but 40s the rest of the week, so I'm hoping for some major snow meltage by the weekend. I'm so ready for spring!

I signed up for Unjury's "March 4 You" program for the month of March (the goal is 90 grams of protein a day + exercise), and I also decided to take my health insurance rebate agency's offer up to do health coaching for the month. I originally told them that I did NOT want to be called (not sure how I got on that list), so they took me off - but then after thinking it over I thought I could probably use all the support I can get since I'd like to lose 10 lbs, and it's been a struggle. They can text instead, so I'll do that (I'd actually prefer email, but texting is better than talking on the phone). So...hopefully I'll be down a bit by the end of the month (although not 10 lbs - not possible to lose that quickly any more - but even a small loss might motivate me to keep going this spring).

QOTD: the first album I ever bought was Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" (in 1969), so I guess it would have been them (I know I loved them - and still do - but I can't remember if they were first). I also remember really liking The Four Seasons when I was in fifth grade.

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: Greek yogurt with cinnamon/apple compote

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie w/ blueberry compote

AS: probably a protein pumpkin muffin or a L&F yogurt with a slim English muffin & light cream cheese

D: leftover pulled pork & cole slaw

ex: some kind of cardio

have a great day, everyone!

KalesD
on 3/1/21 5:25 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Happy Monday!

I have the day off today - which is fabulous. I just dropped my car off for some warranty work so now I wait for them to be done.

The last two weeks accountability wise have been rough. I've been emotionally eating which is never a good thing. I decided today was as good as a day as ever to get back to the basics and get off the damn sugar. I planned my meals for the day last night and I got rid of any trigger foods. I shall stick to my plan 100% while also ensuring I drink enough water and strength train at least 4 times this week (with yoga on the days in between)

B: 250ml fairlife milk, 2 nespresso coffee pods

S: 120g skyr yogurt (plain), 15g natural pb, 40g frozen blueberries

L: 2oz shredded chicken breast, 15g light cheddar, 3 Boston lettuce leaves

S: 1/2 protein bar

D: 2oz chicken breast, 1/4c green beans, 1/4c oven roasted potatoes

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 3/1/21 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Can you believe it's March already?!?! I ran some errands over the weekend but nothing too exciting. With February being such a short month it's already payroll week again so the week should be a quick one.

QOTD: Hmmn, Michael Jackson or Madonna.

TSS: 6 years, 6 months

B: Sf latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and an apple

L: Del turkey, spinach salad with feta cheese, SF pudding, and a pear

S: Sf iced latte, Protein puffs, yogurt, and a plum

D: TJ turkey burger, cauliflower, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: PT exercises and elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1233 Protein:116 Carbs:94 Fat:49

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views