What's on your Wednesday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/24/21 3:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hoping the day is a good one for all of us!

Dealing with a lot of pain this morning. Plus one of my cats wanted love ALL night long. It's gonna be a long day!

I've got to get labs done this morning for my surgery next week. I have a phone appointment at 12 and an appointment with my psychologist at 1. Hoping the timing works out. The one at noon usually takes 5 minutes or so. It should be ok.

QOTD: What was your favorite book as a child?

Mine would be The Outsiders by SE Hinton and then the lord of the rings as an older teenager.

B: JUST egg, chicken sausage, GF toast and coffee

L: GF chicken tenders & NSA bbq sauce

D: going to make some turkey patties of some sort with veggies & Brussels sprouts

S: popcorn and ???

MadisonRose
on 3/24/21 3:53 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! It's Wednesday so halfway there! Accountability was pretty good yesterday.

QOTD: Too many to name. I was a big reader as a child and was in heaven when they'd have the book fairs at my school. I really enjoyed reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Anne of Green Gables, and I read a lot of R.L. Stine books.

B: coffee & protein shake

L: tuna & laughing cow cheese wedge

D: boneless skinless chicken breast & cauliflower rice

S: L&F Greek yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 3/24/21 4:05 am - Warren, OH

I grew up with the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. A few years ago, when my mom was in hospice, I got a few of the books for her to read and it kept her interested during the long days in bed.

I ended up reading all of them again and they are such wonderful stories. Right after that the books were striped of prestigious awards because they had references to Laura's mother being prejudiced against Native Americans.

Melony: I love that thinking cat and hope things go really well with this surgery. Sending good vibes and thoughts your way.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

KalesD
on 3/24/21 4:54 am
RNY on 09/30/20

These were my favourite too. I have them in a bin under the bed in the spare room.. incase I have children one day I want to pass them on. Mine are well read lol!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

KalesD
on 3/24/21 5:04 am
RNY on 09/30/20

So so happy I'm off today. I am sad the weather isn't nice (raining) but I'll sit on my balcony anyway.

QOTD: Little House on the Prairie books and Harry Potter!

b: fairlife latte

s: 1/2 Greek yogurt bagel, 1 egg, 1/2 slice light havarti

l: 20g spinach, 15g feta, 2oz chicken, 5ml olive oil and 5ml balsamic vinegar

S: 120g skyr, 15g PB, 40g blueberries

d: tbd

s: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

supershopper
on 3/24/21 5:20 am

Hi all

two meetings today hopefully the day will go by fast. did gym yesterday after work.

QOTD: I didn't have just one- I read allll the time and got many free pizza hut pizza's through the book it program!

Food plan today:

b: chicken sausage/ wasa cracker

coffee/water

b2- yogurt/all bran buds

l: tunafish

d: SUSHI!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 3/24/21 5:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm off to a vaccine clinic an hour away later this morning to get my first COVID vaccine. YAY!! I've never been excited to get a shot before, but I'm SO looking forward to this! I was hoping I could find something locally, or at least within about a 25-mile radius of here, but no go. I swear people must be on top of their computers 24/7 ready to pounce on any appts that places release. One woman on FB said she scored an appt at a Walgreens about a half hour from here - it was posted at 3:00 a.m. (as in the middle of the night) and she scored it. Sheesh! Oh well, other than rain, the weather is OK, and it's not like I had anything else to do this morning. Might be nice to get out...

later on this afternoon I'm supposed to meet a new friend for coffee, but with this rain, I'm thinking we may end up having to reschedule. He said he's fine with "drizzle" since he spent a month hiking in the UK once, but this looks like more than drizzle, and even if it was just drizzle, I personally don't want to sit outside when it's 50 degrees F and drizzling. It sounds pretty miserable. If we end up rescheduling, I'll come home from the vaccine place a different route and meet DH for lunch (he works at a university about 45 minutes from here - and it happens to be between here and the vaccine place). Other than that, nothing on the docket for today.

QOTD: I was a voracious reader as a kid, and I loved so many books it was hard to pick just one. I loved the Chronicles of Narnia (of which "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" was the first in the series - but I loved all six (?) Narnia books), the Oz books, Nancy Drew books, "My Friend Flicka", "Black Beauty", "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" - I forget what else - loved so many...

B: I think I may drink a protein shake here and then take a protein bar or protein muffin with me to eat before my shot (shot is scheduled for 10:20, and I have an hour drive). Coffee with half & half

MS: see B

L: if I'm home, maybe yogurt pie? If I end up lunching with DH, then who knows. He was talking about some Mexican place in the city where he works, so maybe a taco if we go there

AS: so much is up in the air depending on the weather today, but if I'm home, maybe L&F with a light English muffin. If I'm with the friend, I'll probably have a latte with 2% milk and SF syrup - and I'll take a protein bar with me in case I need more than that

D: Costco chicken skewer with tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, and lemon/tahini sauce (this has been on the menu for the last couple of days, but I've been switching it with something else. I WILL eat it today, though!

ex: I'll do about 20-30 minutes of cardio before I leave this morning - and another 20-30 minutes later on today

have a great day, everyone!

catwoman7
on 3/24/21 5:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. another favorite - "The Phantom Tollbooth". I read it for the first time in third grade - and at least a couple of times after that.

Christina135
on 3/24/21 5:39 am

Morning everyone!

QOTD - I read everything I could get my hands on as a kid, from Hans Christian Andersen, Little House on the Prairie series and everything in between. Somewhere around 11, my world changed when an older friend gave me a copy of Pet Sematary, and my mind exploded. Been a die hard Stephen King fan ever since, that is hands down still my favorite book ever written, even after all these years. My favorite quote ever comes from that book. "The soil of a man's heart is stonier Louis. A man grows what he can, and tends it." Victor Pascow comes to Louis in a dream and tells him that, and it has ALWAYS stuck with me. A man (person) grows what they can in their heart, and they tend it, for life. I love it! Dang, I need to read that book again. Good question!!

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - tofu and soyrizo/kale scramble with some vegan cheese

Snack - mint chocolate kale smoothie

Snack - apple, mandarin pepitas

Snack - carrots, cucumbers and hummus

Dinner - baked potatoes, salad

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 3/24/21 6:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I think that Christine was the first Stephen King book that I read, but now I'm not sure.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views