What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 2:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yo peeps, Happy Thursday (better known as Friday Eve)!

What is new with you all? Yesterday we found out that we will be returning back to work full time with absolutely no restrictions, masks, distancing, etc. on July 6th. And most upsetting--there will be no option for hybrid work ever again...Boo. I have been going in pretty regularly, just because it is helpful to be able to access the employee files, but the place is empty when I go! I am not too excited to be shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the world, plus I will really miss the flexibility to stay home when I choose. But in more important news-- I have exactly 5 weeks to get my ass back into my summer pants! Ahhhhh! Send me all of your inspiration!

QOTD: Do you try out new hair-dos regularly or do you stick with the same style? I love to experiment with new styles and never do the same thing twice in a row. I basically just walk in without a plan and tell my hairdresser to "make me look pretty". I am putty in his hands! Grim, on the other hand, has had the same haircut since he was 3 years old. We call it the "little boy's standard" ;) But he went 11 months without a haircut this year and grew out a pretty long 'do! Turns out he has cute little curls. Who knew?!

I am happy to report that Day 2 of clean eating was waaaaay better than Day 1! I did a better job of planning for small meals along the way and never got hungry, which is the key for me. I did another short walk in the heat in the afternoon. Today's plan will be a longer walk on the treadmill with the AC blasting because the heat was really intolerable yesterday.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 5/27/21 2:39 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Morning!

I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn (430am) to run.. but I looked out the window at how dark it was and for safety sake climbed back into bed.. I honestly thought it would be a bit more light out.. and I currently do not own reflective clothing & we live in a neighbourhood with many skunks, coyotes and other animals.. I didn't want to risk it. I'll see how I feel after work and how hot it is outside.. either way I've met my run goal this week.. today would have been a bonus day.

QOTD: I usually do the same thing.. in the summer a bit lighter, in the winter a bit warmer. The grey hair is coming in big time.. I swear all the hair I lost has been growing back grey.. I might just embrace this.. I'm 30 and would rather not continue to spend copious amounts of cash on dying my hair..

b: fairlife latte

S: 120g cottage cheese, 7.5g PB, 50g raspberries, 10g bran buds

l: 25g deli Turkey 25g deli ham, 1 slice light swiss, 2 mini peppers with laughing cow cheese

S: tbd

d: greek meatballs

s: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Teenie
on 5/27/21 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Now I can get out to run as early as 5:30am without all my reflective garb but any earlier I do have a Head lamp I got at a sporting good store and I have a blinking orange light for my back and I do have reflective wrist band and ankle bands. I think DH found them all on Amazon. Safety First especially when you run with earbuds.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 5/27/21 9:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Do you wear both ear buds?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 5/27/21 9:51 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Please don't give me the riot act!!! LOL I know I have hit a car running once already! However I have Airpods now and they do Noise canceling so I can hear outside the pods, and it is at 6:00am and there is not many out at that hour. I run in a neighborhood so very low traffic.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 5/27/21 10:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'll zip my lip. :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 12:52 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I felt like an idiot with my headlamp the first few times but then I decided it was the best thing ever :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/27/21 3:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning JB and menu crew!

I'm not feeling exactly great this morning. Having an issue with my lower digestive tract. Just mighty uncomfortable. Hoping it'll ease up today.

My nieces last day of school is tomorrow and today the older one is getting an award at a ceremony...we are going but we have no idea what this award is yet. I know she scored a perfect score on one of the practice runs of the state tests(forget what it's called here). Maybe she did well on the official one too. I'm so proud of her. She's really been doing better the past few months. The bullying seems to have gotten at least better and she's made some new friends.

Our new washer and dryer are installed and I'm so glad to have gotten rid of that old washer! I hated that thing. I just had to go ahead and do some laundry. It's a pretty no frill kind of washer and has an agitator. Our last one didn't so I have to get used to balancing it out a bit better but it got my clothing cleaned better than the old hunk of junk.

QOTD: I tend to mix it up every once in a while. I never thought I'd have short hair but here I am with short hair...LOL. I don't really love it quite this short so I'll be letting it grow out on top a bit and keep the bottom and back of my head somewhat short...forgetting the name of the exact kind of style. I haven't dyed my hair in many many years. I'm just to lazy in that fashion to keep up with it.

B: PP shake with 2 ozs of espresso - cold brew coffee before too

L: blended soup and a L&F yogurt

D: PP shake or Fairlife shake

S: 1 cup of soup, yogurt and maybe part of a shake

have a great day everyone!

Emiepie
on 5/27/21 9:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better.

Melody P.
on 5/27/21 5:16 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! :o)