What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/8/21 6:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

JB you need to find another job. That kind of stress is TERRIBLE for your health! I wouldn't put up with that crap for long - nothing is worth that!

I enrolled in my classes this morning. They're all online but not showing up on my account yet - maybe it's because it's the first day and it's taking the system awhile to process everyone's "stuff" - at least I hope so. It's beautiful again today so I'll probably go biking again at some point - and watching more films from the virtual film festival, too....

QOTD: I haven't gotten really dressed up in years. About two years ago (before COVID hit) I went to a couple of luncheons where I wore a dress and a scarf (and a blazer for one - since it was in the fall) - but sandals with bare legs (so...not really dressed up) - but that's about as close as I've gotten. I don't even remember the last time I wore panty hose - it was definitely before my RNY six years ago - and probably LONG before that. I'm glad pants are acceptable in pretty much all situations now - even job interviews (which I haven't been on in 20 years, but...).

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing

L: I better finish up the miso/chickpea spread (on bread) that I post every day since I usually opt for something else, and I need to finish that off. I may have coleslaw made with Asian-style dressing with that

AS: protein muffin? (I have too many of these as I've done some "stress baking" the last couple of weeks)

D: I don't know - but something not-Indian. I love Indian food, but I want to have something else today. Maybe a tofu/veg stir fry (??)

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 9/8/21 7:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19

One of my NSV's! I can put on hose and tights standing up and not be sweating when I get them all the way pulled up!!!

Teenie
on 9/8/21 7:31 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Pantyhose are a thing of the past. They are no longer required to be considered dressed up. I know isn't this a shocking revelation to anyone over 50? It blows my mind.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/8/21 7:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My first job (legal secretary in downtown Chicago) the dress code required hose and heels...and they were straightforward, it was because the principle partner liked women's legs. so glad that type of overt behavior is a thing of the past. I do still wear tights though, I love skirt/tights/tall boots as a winter/fall combo.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/8/21 7:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I should start wearing tights again - always loved them - and they don't run!! I have a pair of black ones somewhere that may still fit - I think I got them after I'd already lost quite a bit of weight...

Teenie
on 9/8/21 4:07 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I still wear pantyhose in winter I love how the feel on my legs.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 9/8/21 7:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm so glad for that! They're a major money pit. I could barely wear a pair five times (if that) before they got snagged and started to run!

White Dove
on 9/8/21 8:10 am - Warren, OH

You are probably too young to remember this, but I used to cut the good legs off of two pair of pantyhose with snags and then wear one on each leg with the two panties. A way to get a bit more use out of them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/8/21 11:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not too young (I'm 61) - and I do remember doing this, too!

Teenie
on 9/8/21 4:09 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My OBGYN watched his wife go through pantyhose and invested in them. He made a boatload of money.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views