What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/8/21 1:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Aw **** you guys, I am not a crier. Like ever. For anything. To the point that sometimes I wonder if I am a sociopath... But yesterday at work I fought back tears at least 20 times. I am so overwhelmed. I basically discovered that 90% of my promotion is just answering pissed off people who aren't getting an answer fast enough so they go to your boss who tells you to drop everything and do what they want. But I don't have time for that, because I am so busy doing the things I need to do so that people actually get hired, so whatever I can't get done pissed someone off, greatly. I don't know what I am going to do, but this current pace and stress is not okay.

But in GREAT news, my condo got a few offers and I accepted one last night. It's a little over asking (not as much as I hoped, but whatever). I am making a nice profit from my initial investment but more importantly, I don't have to worry about renting again. I hate land lording!

QOTD: When is the last time you got really dressed up for something? I went to a wedding about a month before COVID hit and that was the last fancy thing I got dressed up for. I got a little dressed up for lunch on my birthday, but it is completely relative to feral I have been, lol. It was dressy compared to what I have been wearing, but not actually fancy.

Food was on plan yesterday (small miracles!).

B: Protein Coffee

S: Chomps

L: Deli Turkey & Cheese Stick

S: 100 Cal Pack Cashews

D: Lemon Pepper Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 9/8/21 2:15 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

yesterday was an awful day at work as the morning tech called in sick.. so when I showed up I had to do all the morning stuff and the rest of the staff were hounding me.. I literally said 'I'm one person, I can do one thing, and that's how it's gonna be today'.. after a lengthy email to my supervisor I feel my concerns will be addressed.. thank god.

QOTD: pre op probably - I dread an event as I don't have anything 'nice' to wear.. I wouldn't even know what to buy these days!

b: fairlife latte, oatmeal w protein powder

s: yogurt, honey, peach and granola

l: zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, sweet potato & chicken

s: 1/2 English muffin + PB

d: chicken quesadilla probably!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 9/8/21 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope today is better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 9/8/21 7:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

UGH!! What is up with crappy work situations. I hope this passes quickly.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 9/8/21 3:14 am - Warren, OH

The last time I dressed up was for my niece's wedding, the summer before COVID. I was so glad that she did not wait another year, as we could not have had that beautiful wedding last summer.

JB, being upset to the point of crying is not good. What worked for me was going to the supervisor's office and saying that I was sick and had to go home.

They can't say, "No you have to stay here and work while you are sick".

He had to find someone to cover for me the rest of the day and that made his day a lot more stressful than he had expected.

The next day when I came back to work, I just cleared the air with him and several other people who were causing me stress. I am usually quiet and non-confrontational. I was able to calmly point out what was going on and what needed to stop.

They evidently spread the word that certain actions might cause me to "get sick" and I might have to go home because things completely changed after that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 9/8/21 5:07 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks, I have a meeting with my new boss tomorrow and I will try to get some boundaries set.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/8/21 3:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh no QJB - that is not good. I hope you are able to figure out a way to take some space or find a way to make some changes. I know it would be hard to find time to focus on it but any progress on getting someone hired? I know you had mentioned that you would be able to hire someone to help.

QOTD - We did a weekend on the town for my bestie's bday but that was before Covid so I have not gotten very dressy in 18 months.....and I don't see it happening this year, maybe 2022.

So many meetings today, so many then a virtual get together tonight with some friends so at least that will be nice.

menu today is a bit up in the air, I didn't make the tacos last night so I will do that if I get a chance today; outside of that

coffee plus half and half X3

Cottage Cheese with PB

2 oz cheddar and ratio yogurt

small glass of wine

Have.a happy hump day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

cheapskate
on 9/8/21 4:27 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Congrats on selling your place! Are you going to have to deal with capital gains? We sold our rental and am dreading taxes!!! You sure you feel that committed to Grim? No back up plan!

cheapskate
on 9/8/21 5:42 am
RNY on 03/30/15

QOTD: when you say dressed up do you mean like wearing pants and a bra? I'm more at that stage in the pandemic

Inhad a friend come this weekend. Thankfully she is low carb(all The wrong reasons but ok). I ate too much but i ate the right things.

i made a keto pound cake Monday that was very good! I had just a sliver. Then I made hubby a m my pecan pie yesterday for our meet a versary which i didn't eat.

we are going camping this weekend and when we come back we are committed to going to the gym together.

catwoman7
on 9/8/21 6:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

"pants and a bra" - LOL! Yea, that's pretty much what dressing up has meant these last 18 months!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views