What's on your Thursday Menu?

Greateight
on 12/16/21 5:48 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn had quite an adventure yesterday. She left the house at 7:00 for her flight, which was delayed and then cancelled. So they booked her from Chicago to Detroit, Detroit to St. Louis, and St. Louis to Denver. She had a second set of delays in St. Louis and finally arrived in Denver at about 7:15 Mountain time.

Well, my son must of been raring to go because he picked her up at the airport, brought her Panera and Starbucks and they drove to Northe Platte Nebraska, arriving at about midnight. Fortunately, the winds had died down by the time she landed. Today they have about 10 hours to get back to Chicago.

When I went to Napa in September, I took about $200 in cash out of the bank. I still have $4 in my wallet. First I wanted to see if it could last until I got back from my training in Orlando, then Thanksgiving, then the end of November, now we are halfway through December and the streak is still going. It's actually getting stressful trying to keep the streak up. I know that I will need cash on New Year's day when we go down to New Orleans. But should I try and last until Christmas or even New Year's?

By no means does this mean that I have been practicing any sort of frugality (looking at you Heitz three year vertical), just that I have been avoiding using cash.

QOTD: Does wine count? Otherwise, coffee, water, and Bai water for the most part. I don't like Diet Coke that much after surgery.

Breakfast: Egg sandwich

Lunch: Turkey

Dinner: Depends on when Marilyn returns

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 12/16/21 6:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Safe travels for Marilyn and the kid!

Melody P.
on 12/16/21 6:39 am - Amarillo, TX

Safe travels to Marilyn and your so...I do not envy that long of a road trip.

cheapskate
on 12/16/21 8:32 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Does it help with psoriasis? Did you just give up eating them as a meal or even in recipes?

Teenie
on 12/16/21 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Cash is so over rated now a days but I don't leave home without. Must be us 60's kids.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 12/16/21 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Safe travel to the family!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 12/16/21 6:28 am

Mernin' errybody! Today is MY Friday, and then I am off for 10 glorious days!

QOTD - I drink coffee, hot teas (love loose-leaf teas), and plant milk. I don't drink nearly enough water but...I work on it. I miss drinking Topo Chico, but because of my Topamax, anything with carbonation tastes absolutely garbage to me.

Breakfast - coffee

Lunch - thinking Greek?

Dinner - no idea, we have a work event tonight so we may hit food trucks

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 12/16/21 6:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Topamax was the worst for drinking carbonated stuff. It made it soooo disgusting.

Christina135
on 12/16/21 7:12 am

It does! I used to take Diamox years ago for my PTC, but it's in remission. It did the exact same thing! But as long as the Topamax keeps my migraines at bay, I am okay with missing out on carbonation!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Lisa91941
on 12/16/21 6:33 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Brrrrrrrr! 39 degrees here. I'm wearing 3 layers and have a heater pointed directly at me. Work is insane these last few days with my won back contract. The new company has a system that they just launched and it's got lots of bugs to work out. But I am getting notifications and quotes all day long and they give us as little as an hour to respond. Lot's of juggling. Just accepting a purchase order prompts three auto replies into my email. So it's a big learning curve, lot's of info to sort through and the pressure of wanting to do a great job so that we can retain the business. I can't believe it's only Thursday. I feel like I have worked 7 days already this week. Still, I am so grateful for the opportunity to earn the business. So important to our little work family here. We gave out bonuses this week. Always the best day of the year around here and helps keep everyone's morale high during these really stressful times like right now.

QoTD: I drink (fake) coffee, fla****er, zero calorie Gatorade and wine. That's it. And the Gatorade and wine are limited. Though to be honest I limit the Gatorade more than the wine most of the time. This week it's the reversed though. Resting my little stomach lining. Bless it's heart, I've been giving it a workout.

I did really well yesterday with my eating -- but I did add a miniature Milky Way that was calling my name. I didn't even enjoy it. Tasted a lot like wax. So that should put me off of them for a while!

Menu

B and lunch, exact same as yesterday. Dinner is probably going to be chicken left overs and steak and potatoes for the hubs. Tomorrow night is a fun event, and I've been being extra careful leading up to it so I can enjoy a few extra bites of things. (Butter cake, here I come!)

Peace Everyone! I'm off to sort through a zillion emails and get this show on the road!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
Recent Topics