What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/24/22 1:18 am, edited 1/24/22 1:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Gang, Happy Monday! My weekend was kind of rough. I woke up Saturday with a sinus infection, earache, and sore throat. I tested twice this weekend with rapid COVID tests at home and I am negative, thankfully, but I just felt crappy the whole time. I have another PCR COVID test this afternoon just to be sure. I really crashed on Saturday but yesterday I made myself rally and I took on a bunch of organizing projects that I had wanted to do for awhile. My body was not happy with me, but my head and heart were happy to get it done :) We also made it about 1/2 way though the new season of Ozark. So good!

QOTD: Do you have houseplants? We have one Christmas cactus which has always done beautifully. We also have a GIANT geranium. I also have a few things growing in my Aerogarden. Last year I grew herbs in it but this year I am just doing some mountain flowers. One of my cats is obsessed with one of the types of flowers and he keeps pulling the seed pod out and chewing on it. I have checked--it's not harmful to the cat, but its definitely harmful to the plant, lol.

Full disclosure, I didn't enter even a bite of food into MFP this weekend and I didn't exercise, either... I think I was fairly on track calorie-wise because I wasn't too hungry, but I am honestly not sure?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/24/22 2:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB, sorry to hear you're not feeling all that great. Myself...well I woke up with a sore throat, pretty sure our neighbor made drugs last night(more on him in a minute). Both my mom and me felt the usual way we do when he does.

yesterday was...scary and eventful. CPS visited our neighbor. Well the cops had told us to keep a track on who visits there so my mom took pictures these ladies cars...not knowing who they were with CPS. So the dimwit neighbor called them as they were leaving telling them my mom took pics of their cars. Soooo they came over to ask my mom why and the dam broke. He is so freakin stupid I swear...he thought my mom would get in trouble but instead he got "talked to" more. Does it seem right to warn someone CPS is coming? Cause he was informed they were coming. Friday his mommy came and cleaned his house for him. Filled up our dumpster and he did a lot of moving of stuff into his garage.

In another case of the left hand not know what the right hand is doing...they had no idea he had been arrested for drugs in December. Well now they do! They are requesting his police records. Did I mention how dumb he is? If he hadn't called them about my mom he probably would of been done with it. You'd think he'd not make drugs on the same day he was investigated by CPS but he is that kind of winner. So we are really worried about safety issues. We now have canes and big knifes in reachable places if he tries something. We have security cameras set up...we may get an additional one of those. If you could please say a couple of prayers for us or send some positive thoughts our way.

I have an appointment I have to go to at 8:30 then another one at 1 on the phone. We're going to try and stay home most of the day...we'll as much as possible. If he goes to "work" we'll feel more at ease for a bit.

QOTD: that's a big, I mean HUGE no! Our Percy will not even leave faux plants. He eats the real ones. I would love to have a window garden in our kitchen for herbs but we just can't. It'd be a mess!

B: egg cup after the appointment...had a cup of black coffee at 1 this morning trying to ease my throat, there will be more after my appointment as I have to do fasting bloodwork around 10am after my appointment.

L: PP shake with strawberries

D: PP shake with frozen banana

S: no clue at this point.

PS...those FB games were crazy this weekend!

Queen JB
on 1/24/22 2:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's very inappropriate for the police to have you doing their job, IMO. If they want to know who is at that house, they can do the surveillance, themselves! I would implore them to provide you a measure of safety, since they essentially put you in this situation. Be safe!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/24/22 4:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh I agree. I am not happy with the inability/unwillingness they have shown to do police work. I could say so much more! We first reported him in October 21 and again a couple of weeks ago. Mind you we've been sending in tips on crime stoppers every time he or his friends make drugs. It's so frustrating

technically my mom doesn't have to take pictures and I wish she wouldn't but I can't stop her.

catwoman7
on 1/24/22 5:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree - the police should be doing the surveillance - esp now that they have a reason to!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 1/24/22 6:23 am, edited 1/23/22 10:24 pm - Warren, OH

We had a drug dealer in our neighborhood for years. He was not making drugs, but selling them. Also the meanest, rottenest human being imaginable. I talked with one of the FBI agents who was trying to catch him and arrest him. He told me that the guy must have been paying off someone in law enforcement because he always go off scot free when they arrested him. They would build a great case, but he would never go to jail. He was also molesting his stepdaughters.

CPA investigated and he was in the room when the girls were asked to describe what he did to them. They were rightfully too scared of him to tell so he got off again. When the oldest girl turned 18 she started proceedings against him. He threatened her and she stopped. A few years went by and the second daughter turned 18 and moved out.

So he began molesting their 14 year old brother who was the drug dealers own son. When the girls realized what was happening to their little brother they finally went to a lawyer and told their story. He was arrested and went to court. After his stepdaughters testified, he was finally sent to the state penitentiary. Justice finally caught up with him, but it took years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 1/24/22 3:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday and can you believe it's the last full week in January? And also that it's still January 2022? This month the time flow has been strange.

My weekend was good, probably not as productive as it should have been but I did get my Polynesia rowing series finished (and my magnet ordered); read two books and watched the entire season of Yellowjackets so there's that.

Today is a long day at work, meetings from 6:30 to 5 but then I get my hair cut and colored so something to look forward to, plus we're supposed to get a nice snow storm starting tonight and all day tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. I need to get some time on the elliptical in too.

QOTD - I have coleus, shamrocks, the amaryllis and a succulent garden that will have it's 3rd birthday this week. It was a housewarming gift when I moved into this house. Everyone seems to be amazed it's still alive, including me!

menu today

Greek Yogurt

slice of pizza

maybe some chili or soup

It will take a few hours for my hair so I'll get home late, maybe I will finally try the bariatric hot chocolate I picked up

Have a great monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/24/22 8:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Loved Yellowjackets! Creepy weird, but good.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 1/24/22 1:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It is the goriest show that I've ever watched a full season of. It was so good though.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 1/24/22 1:43 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

What streaming service is Yellowjackets on? I am looking for a new series to watch. Has anyone watched Peacemaker on HBOmax? I like it.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views