Yay! It's finally (photo) Friday! What's on your plan?

Amy Liz
on 7/22/22 10:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love the passion tea - so good!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 7/22/22 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

that meme is hilarious!!

we have to take one of the cats to the vet's this morning. I thought he was starting to look a little thin (he used to be huge, but we've been working on that for a few years), so I weighed him. He's lost two pounds since the spring. That's concerning - so I emailed the vet clinic and they wanted me to bring him in ASAP. Hopefully we'll find out something when we take him in at 10:00 this morning (although we might not - some test results can take a couple of days). I hope this isn't anything like cancer. The most likely thing is IBD, which is common - we've had several cats who have had this and it can be stabilized with prednisone (and they can live for several years with it). But cancer...ugh. Fingers crossed this isn't too, too serious...

not sure what I'll do for exercise today - I guess some youtube video. I'll have to miss water aerobics because of the vet appt - and it'll be too hot to bike - and no fitness classes at the gym are jumping out at me. So...youtube. Or use this is my day off. Nothing else on the agenda other than the usual getting caught up with reading, movies, and classes.

QOTD: not really. The only ones I'm on consistently are here, Facebook, and news sites - and the two games I do every morning (wordle and waffle). But I do look forward every morning to OH and the word games.

B: vanilla yogurt with diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I may have a microwavable meal (I usually leave those for DH), but I picked up a couple of new "Whole & Simple" ones I spotted at Aldi's yesterday - a Korean one and an Adobo chicken one (and I think one with tahini in it, IIRC), so I want to try one of those. Plus they have quinoa in them, so they're pretty filling - and around 300-ish calories. Perfect.

AS: grilled peach topped with yogurt. Maybe a skinny bagel, too, if I can work it in.

D: chickpea/miso sandwich with either tomato/cucumber salad or Mexican corn

this is my guy who's going to the vet today. Still checking out what's in the fridge (just like his mama!), even though he seems to be eating-averse lately (except for human grade tuna - not the best food for cats (too low in taurine), but it's all we can get him to eat some days....)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/22/22 6:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hope it's nothing serious with the cat

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/22/22 2:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

they discovered he has pancreatitis, and they also suspect IBD because his intestines were filled with gas, so they scheduled an ultrasound for next week to confirm. They gave him fluids and put an anti-nausea med and a painkiller in his fluid line, so he was eating like crazy a couple hours after we got home. We have to continue with both for a couple of days and then "as needed" after that (obviously, they sent us home with the meds). Hopefully after this ultrasound we'll know about the IBD. That's not uncommon with cats - we've had two or three cats with that - they just put them on a low dose of prednisone, usually. And the pancreatitis will likely just clear up on its own (although sometimes it's recurring - but one of our cats had it a few years ago, and it never came back, so...). They did some x-rays and didn't spot any masses (just the gas in his intestines), so that was a relief.

lmfontana4
on 7/22/22 8:48 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your kitty. Fingers crossed that he is just being finicky.

what movies and books are on your agenda?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 7/22/22 2:58 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I just finished the young adult book I had to read, "Holes" by Louis Sacher.

as for movies, I have to watch "The Overnighters" for my documentary film discussion group meeting next week, and then I have six more movies for my crime films class, I think (it was online and ended last week, but i ended up not doing any of the work while I was in Scotland. Fortunately, he left the class Web site up, so I can still watch the lectures and the movies!!)

catwoman7
on 7/22/22 3:02 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

btw - bloodwork was all normal, and no masses were found on his x-rays. Whew. He does have pancreatitis, and his intestines were full of gas, so they suspect IBD as well. They're doing an ultrasound next week to confirm. We've dealt with that a lot - it's not uncommon in older cats. If that's what it is, they'll likely put him on a low dose of prednisone. That'll usually stabilize it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/22/22 11:19 am

Not sure how old he is. Our Emma, she was always small cat, but she was very active in/outdoor cat. As she got older, she was finally diagnosed with hyperthyroid. It took us over 12 months to get her body to accept the meds for that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 7/22/22 3:00 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Minik is 12 years old - so he's at the age when things start happening! He has pancreatitis for sure. They also suspect IBD because his intestines were filled with gas, but they scheduled an ultrasound for next week to confirm. Bloodwork was all normal, and no masses were spotted on the x-rays, so that's a relief.

Pancreatitis usually just resolves on its own - it can be painful, but they sent us home with meds for it. With IBD, they usually put them on a low dose of prednisone. We've had several cats who've had that, so we're old pros at it...

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/25/22 12:12 pm

At that age, they start showing issues.

We have 2 cats, 15.5 years young and 8 years. One is skinny, the other fat. Dewey, he is severely overweight, but after years of trying to correct that, we gave up. We try to limit his food, but he gets miserable when hungry. We have good wet food from him, grain free, plus healthy snacks - freeze dried wild salmon, beef liver, etc. He just doesn't move much - just eats and sleeps - he loves to cuddle.

He has had health issues since we got him. We got him because he was vey sick when I found him, he was from a feral colony, app 12 weeks old, but a size of 4-5 weeks old. He had a severe chronic infection and severe digestive issues. We did everything we could for him for 6 years. The # of vet visits, specialized vet visits, naturopathic vet visits, etc. etc. We accepted he is our special "child". But with all his health issues - he, same as Emma, are extremely smart cats. They run the household.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views