What's on your Monday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/30/23 5:56 am

If you are not working in accounting, nor plan to - 86% is s great mark. Be happy about it.

QOTD: there are few we like. For great food and place to go to celebrate or take customers or vendors to - our local steakhouse is great- City Range. They've been around for years, privately owned and the owner often helps when they are short stuffed. Good food, good service, good people and prices are very affordable. Another place for great food is a Lebanese place also long term business, private and great food plus a small grocery. Love love them. And they are close to work.

My weekend was ok. I'm still very very tired every day. I increased my cortisone and I started taking synthroid for my hypothyroid.

Keith installed our new dishwasher on Sunday. It took him hours and a lot of frustration. He didn't expect to be that complex. And what's funny- he apologized that it took him so long - practically blocking my access to the kitchen. Lol. Yea, this is my guy.

I did a bunch of laundry and fed the cats. Just in case you don't have cats - our are entitled. The small - Emma- if she wants food, she gets food. We are trying to fatten her up. She has hyperthyroid and it's too skinny. Or rather was. I think she gained some weight lately, but when I mentioned that to her she started growling at me. People with smart cats know the cats understand us. I know she does, really does.

It's going to rain on and off all week. Ugh. My body hates rain. One good thing when I used to live in Saskatoon, Canada, that it was dry and sunny. Winter were very cold, but sunny, summers- hot, dry and sunny. SC- it's humid, and some winters it rains and rains, and we get 2 days sunny and then it starts raining again. Ugh. Our dehumidifier runs during the days during the day, humidifier in the bedroom at night, because night are colder so the heat gets on and gets very very dry. Ugh.

My eats today: (following IF with keto)

B: coffee,, then tea, more tea, then some more tea.

L: egg- meat pie when I finally get hungry

S: apple or 1/2 grapefruit.

D: some proteins and veggies. TBD.

I'm just tired of being so tired. Ugh.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dcgirl
on 1/30/23 6:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hello menu folks!

Many of you won't know me...I'm Emily, and I've been on OH for ~10 years. I actually think I may have started the menu thread? But my memory sucks! I know it's had a variety of hosts like Anny Bannany and Kristin and Queen JB, I'm just so so glad you have kept it going and you keep it so fun and interesting! I've been lurking for years because once I hit maintenance, my meals weren't really relevant for the majority of folks. And I was doing great in maintenance...until I wasn't. With the shame of regain, coming back seemed even harder.

Well, last week I had a medical emergency (I'll do a separate post on that) and I'm home and on the mend...and on phase 1 of liquids until Wednesday! That's right - don't be jealous - I can eat jello and broth! On Wednesday things get WILD and I can add in cream of wheat, pudding, yogurt, and cottage cheese. I believe either one or two weeks after that I can bring in soft flaky fish, tuna, egg salad, etc.

Anyway, as I progress through my 10 year post-op bariatric phases again, and ideally drop much off this damn regain, I could use the support and food ideas since I was largely (pun intended) eating like a normie.

I'm excited to be back with y'all and not just reading! And I'll share my medical woes separately since it's really a cautionary tale for all of us (not trying to be ominous, just need to clear up some open questions from my surgeon before I misspeak!).

Happy Monday, y'all! Emily

Partlypollyanna
on 1/30/23 6:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Welcome back!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 1/30/23 6:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Couldn't be happier to have you back but I'm so sorry it's under these cir****tances. Heal up quick because there is a lobster roll in Maine waiting for you this summer!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 1/30/23 6:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Welcome back! I think you may have been posting regularly when I first started posting on here (maybe seven years ago? I mostly just lurked before that), but at minimum, I do know you from your occasional postings. "likes", and photos that other people post. I'm glad you're back!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ladygodiva1228
on 1/30/23 6:36 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

So great to see you back.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Maddymoe2
on 1/30/23 7:02 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Welcome back, Emily! I remember you. Looking forward to seeing you post.

Sheila_H
on 1/30/23 8:04 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

EMILY!!!
So good to see you here!!! Stick around, we are fun and supportive. And we need you to be part of the group.
Keep us posted about your recovery.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 1/30/23 8:26 am - Warren, OH

Welcome back Emily

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 1/30/23 9:11 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It's great to see you Em!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views