What's on your Monday Menu?

Greateight
on 6/5/23 6:50 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everyone!!

Apple is supposed to come out with announcements about new computers in the next couple of days. I hope they do because I miss having a computer. Thumb typing can only take you so far.

We had a nice visit with my daughter. I will take her back to the airport this afternoon.

The next couple of weeks may be difficult at work, but I will try and stay positive and focused on my health.

QOTD: it certainly won't help. Although I can't think of much I would want less than to be an elected office holder.

Breakfast: egg sandwich

lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 6/5/23 7:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That announcement is coming this afternoon and supposedly it is about a $3000 VR headset.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 6/5/23 7:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I won't be headsetting, just want my keyboard back. My youngest, maybe will want one.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 6/5/23 6:52 am, edited 6/4/23 11:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

utterly fantastic weekend with my friends from NC, whom I hadn't seen in almost 40 years. Just great. They loved it here. They've really wanted to move to a college town since where they are now (a small town about 20 miles from Charlotte) isn't a good "fit" for them. They're both academics - he a retired professor, she a retired university administrator - so they think they may be happier living somewhere like here. But after this visit (their first time here), Madison is at the top of their list. Rick was concerned about our winters, though (although they aren't as bad as they were back when I moved here) - but he thought if they can swing it financially, maybe they can be "snowbirds". Although that does get expensive. But they're retired - they can just stay in on days when it's really cold (that's what I do now!). But we'll see - I would absolutely LOVE to have them here!

book discussion group at 10:00 this morning (I'll bike over), massage this afternoon - and time in between to shower. That's it!

QOTD: probably. I don't like phones so I don't do much in the way of texting - it's mostly when I'm trying to locate someone or to let them know I'm running a few minutes late. So I should be electable!

B: skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: maybe protein pudding or chocolate "mousse" topped with fruit

AS protein muffin (?)

D: we have lots of leftovers, so one of those

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 6/5/23 6:58 am - Warren, OH

I am aware that voicemails, texts, and computer postings get copied over and over and will never go away. My record is squeaky clean except for the period between November 6, 2016 and January 20, 2021. I was sure I could let people know and they would realize what a mistake they made. I know now that some people cannot be convinced or saved and won't try to fight if it happens again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 6/5/23 7:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Don't give up! Give 'em hell!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/5/23 8:09 am - Warren, OH

You are right. Back in the 60's I was protesting the Vietbnam War and we thought nobody was listening or paying attention. Then Watergate happened and we found out that not only were they watching and listening, they were scared to death of us.

Teenie
on 6/5/23 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Sorry you're under the weather. Hope whatever it is it does not linger. Congrats n your successful weekend.

I got to use the pool. It is still cloudy, and I need to work on it but it is getting there. It is a PITA . I did get my mom in yesterday for a half hour and she asked me 4 times what day it is. I called to have a test for another UTI. Hoping that all it is. Now I'll have to fight with her to take her meds. My run is going good. Last Sunday I was doing a 14:58 mile and today I am down to 13:08 so it is getting there. I want it under 12 at least before I sign for the 5K on July 4th.

QOTD: I don't know some of the txt between Jim and I can get a little murky.

Accountability: I had a few grain free pretzels and spinach dip last night.

TSS: 5 years 5 month 25 days 161.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: L&F Toasted Marshmallow Greek Yogurt and Berries

CB: Coffee with SF Twix creamer

L: zucchini lasagna and snack select

D: Grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon and chopped salad

Exercise: Dog walking 3.1-mile wog (done)

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 6/5/23 8:12 am - Warren, OH

I am so jealous of your pool and slide. I always loved slides. There are no longer any at public pools because of insurance concerns. When I had my own pool I could never get my husband to agree to have a slide. Enjoy yours.

Teenie
on 6/5/23 1:26 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That is not my pool. I have a little Tubby Tub. It is a 12x 24 above ground just room enough for a couple rafts and some beer drinking. My cousin just built a brand-new home with the best backyard pool I ever seen. I'll take more pictures when I am invited back. The pool is huge for a backyard.