What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/27/24 2:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning, kids! Thanks for the good juju! Other than the harrowing start to my commute, the rest of the day was phenomenal. It's literally night and day from the first day at my last job. This place really has their act together and everyone I met was really smart, savvy, and kind. Yay!

One thing that I was not expecting was just how much walking would be involved. There is not really a "campus" because it started in one small brownstone in the city back in 1945 and since then, they have just been buying up properties within a 10 block city radius. I was wearing nice "first day of work" shoes and then we ended up pounding the pavement for a tour of all the buildings. I was fine at the time we were walking, but right before bed my feet and calves started cramping up. Ouch. It made for a crappy sleep. I won't make that mistake again--I spent the train ride home googling better nice looking walking shoes :)

Today is a work from home day!

QOTD: Have you donated blood since surgery? My ferritin is in the toilet so I don't think it would be safe for me to do it unless I had an iron transfusion (which I am hoping for with a new doctor!)

Accountability: I didn't end up going to lunch with everyone. I got caught in a hallway conversation and then I didn't think I'd have time to get there and back in time, so I just had my balanced break. Then we went out for a celebratory dinner. I was starving! I had 1/4 of a really yummy turkey burger (no bun) and too many French fries.

• Protein Coffee
  • Egg Bites
  • Turkey Burger
  • Babybel Cheese Round
  • Turkey Burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/27/24 2:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Glad your first day ended up going well. Fortunately, there are lots of cute shoes for walking, I wear Rothys, All Birds, Ticks for conferences.

QOTD - I donated every 2 months or so for close to 20 years but started having iron problems before surgery so haven't even tried since the Red Cross lady said " you know, you could just give money" after the 4th or 5th time I ran into an issue.

In office day today, so I'll get a short elliptical session in, it's going to be a long day and I won't be able to leave until rush hour....good times. Tomorrow is also an in office day and then a retirement dinner for a colleague. The week will go fast I guess. I do have book discussion group this evening and for the first time in awhile, I actually read the book. It was a very lightweight thriller that I was able to read over the weekend. Yay for speed reading.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

ratio yogurt

balanced break

pistachio and cheese sticks

we'll see about dinner

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/27/24 8:02 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

What was the book?
I'm reading "I have some questions for you" that I think it was suggested here and it's a combo of murder mystery and podcast. Maybe JB recc'd it?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 2/27/24 9:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It was me!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/27/24 9:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I read that last summer! I liked it, it has 4 stars on my Goodreads. The book for tonight is "None of this is true" by Lisa jewell. Not really one I would pick for book discussion group but it did have Bookclub notes and questions at the end so maybe I'm being unduly snobby, lol

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/27/24 3:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! So glad to hear your day went well QJB! I'm just so happy for you!

I got that bill taken care of yesterday. I called the insurance/Medicaid people and for once they were on the ball about it. They called the practitioner and got it settled while I was on the phone. I should have never gotten the bill! It was the fault of the practitioner who filed without a code. Just ridiculous. So that was some great news yesterday!

There are a bunch of bad wildfires burning here and the wind is going to be worse today. We got up to 84 and out top wind gust was in the low 60's. Sustained around 40mph. Today it's going to gust into the 70's. The humidity is predicted to be in the single digits so the fires are going to explode. One fire has already burns over 40,000 acres with 0% containment. We are all on pins and needles. It's scary for sure. If you're the praying type or positive energy stuff...whatever it is please send it to our area. It's going to be bad.

Today there is an appointment a little before noon. We'll probably be home for the rest of the day, I'll chainmaille some too.

QOTD: I haven't.

B: eggs and coffee

L: ????

D: ????

Partlypollyanna
on 2/27/24 4:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope they get the fires under control. We had those conditions when we lost an entire town to a fire, there's so little that can be done with fire plus winds that high.

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/27/24 5:02 am - Amarillo, TX

I remember that well! I had two friends who had to evacuate and one of them had severe smoke damage but both were lucky to have a home. It's scary for sure. I hate the wind and it's already starting to pick up even more this morning.

I don't know if this'll show up well but it's a satellite heat image of Texas during the night.

Melody P.
on 2/27/24 2:07 pm - Amarillo, TX

One fire alone right now is 200,000 acres. Whole counties are being evacuated.

this is terrifying.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/27/24 12:01 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Getting a bill settled easily is a big win!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.