What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/11/24 2:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Who is ready for a new week? I am! Well, kinda. I was phenomenally tired this weekend and dealing with a lot of joint inflammation. I took it easy, and I feel better this morning, so I hope the rest was what I needed. I am taking the train in this morning but I think I only have 2 or 3 meetings so it should be a pretty quiet day.

QOTD: Tell us about a cool museum or exhibit that you have been to. I really love the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum and I wish I went more often. The famous art theft is a very cool story but the museum itself is very quirky and fun. Gardner was a really eclectic, interesting woman and she collected really incredible art and artifacts. She set up the museum exactly as she wanted it, and she demanded in her will that they could never change anything. That's why there are empty frames sitting in the spaces where the art was stolen--because the museum has no authority to move anything around. It's such a beautiful & quirky place.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • chicken & avocado
  • balanced break
  • veggie burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/11/24 3:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

Another week is ahead and there is nothing much planned for it! Woot! I only have one appointment as of now and that's with my peer support friend Sara. Not a bothersome thing at all as I look forward to it.

I do think I might have an infection brewing in one of the injection sites. It's looking ok according to my mom but it hurts like hell just to brush lightly against it. I'm keeping it clean and if it's not better in a few days I'll call. It may be part of the healing process but I have no idea. It was not mentioned by them or any of the research I've read. My pain is really bad too...I think I might just be healing very slowly.

Rachel spent the night last night and we're going to attempt teaching her how to chainmaille today. It might be challenging as she is a lefty and they do need to do it a little differently. I found so,e tutorials online for lefties so that should help immensely. Riley and Randall are staying tonight. Which I am sure will involve a lot of popcorn and a movie or two.

OH and I hate the time change.

QOTD. The high plains historical museum in Canyon had a really great exhibit on the American Buffalo a few years back. While it was infuriating to see some of the total disregard the folks back then had to this wonderful creature it also shined a wonderful light on those that saved their legacy here. We used to be the home of millions of buffalo and now the state of Texas' official herd is fairly small and live in Caprock State Canyons park. When I first saw the Buffalo in Yellowstone I bawled. And when I saw a white Buffalo in Colorado I bawled. If ever there was a spirit animal for me it'd be the Buffalo. Well that went on. LOL they also had an exhibit on Georgia O'Keefe in the past that was awesome. I haven't been since my back stuff started as it's a huge museum.

M1: eggs, cheese, cilantro lime sauce, cilantro and 4 crackers & coffee x 2

M2: rice cake, may or may not have some almond butter on it.

M3: I didn't have the pizza for dinner so it'll be lunch I think.

M4: PP shake

M5: not sure what we're doing with the kids so this one is unknown for now.

A little cross I altered from the original a bit. The crystal is 6mm so it's rather small,

Partlypollyanna
on 3/11/24 3:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! March has a lot of intense work stuff and I don't have much down time the next three weekends so probably not as excited for the new week as you are but it's here, ready or not!

qotd - we have so many great museums here, I really appreciate the rotation of temporary exhibits we get as a result. They had a really cool one about insects from a New Zealand museum last year. All the animatronics were made by Wetaso were incredible

im going to the office today as I have to go to a funeral mid day and the office is closer, I'll come home after and work from home in the afternoon. Workout will be boxing after I log off this evening

menu

coffee plus half and half x3

skyr

protein bar

string cheese

turkey slider with some of the charcuterie tray dip on it

have a great Monday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 3/11/24 5:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sorry for the rough day today, and the next 3 weekends!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 3/11/24 4:15 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning everyone. I have no plans today, just bringing JB to the train and some household chores. The weekend was rougher than usual. I spent two days helping my brother assemble a 16 foot long greenhouse in his backyard. It was like a giant erector set. But it was cold out there. But lots of fun, overall.

The cat's happy. We've got new ham.

QOTD: I can't think of a favorite museum. I've never seen one I don't like. But it's been a while. We've only been to a couple since covid hit. That should change this summer.

This is for Sheila.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 3/11/24 4:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Right? Not asking much!!!

Lisa91941
on 3/11/24 6:53 am
RNY on 10/29/19

A chip for you, a chip for me. A chip for you, a chip for me. I think I have the right skill set for this position!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/11/24 7:17 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Don't drop a stitch. And for God's sake, don't drop a chip.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 3/11/24 7:50 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I have a better proposal for you: you can have all the chips if you feed me chocolate instead. So one chip for you, one chocolate for me. Deal?

Lisa91941
on 3/11/24 8:01 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Deal!

Most Active
Recent Topics