Two-plus weeks before surgery and scared

jbh1953
on 9/4/10 12:44 pm
My husband's surgery is two and a half weeks away and I'm feeling scared ... about the surgery, the recovery, the phases.  While I've read lots and lots about the whole process and completely support my husband's decision (the best alternative for his medical condition), I'm still worried about the first few days/weeks after surgery and the MAJOR LIFESTYLE CHANGE in front of us.  My head's on straight about this, it's my heart that's kind of breaking.  I've told him I'm scared, but I also know I've got to be (and want to be) his biggest fan.  I'm afraid the days/weeks after surgery will be worse than he expects.  Can you help?
mickeymantle
on 8/10/13 7:02 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my wife had the sleeve surgery a little less than 3 weeks ago , and all is good , little pain, no problems eating or drinking

it is a pretty safe surgery if you have a good surgeon , there will be major changes in life style , if you eat out alot that will take a little planning I was scared also before but knew that without the surgery my wife would be bed ridden soon and would probably not live long after that

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Jennifer M.
on 10/28/10 6:28 am - NC
You sound like a great wife!  I bet you husband is so thankful for you.  I can't really help with the scared feelings because I'm feeling scared about my own upcoming surgery, but I hope that someone who has already been through this will respond.
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5261 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5947 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7142 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6886 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6928 views