Whiners!

megganmurphy
on 5/10/04 3:40 am - Evans, GA
Is it just me, or is this group a bunch of stinkin' whiners? I mean, I understand that life can be emotionally challenging sometimes, but my gosh, get over yourself! We are all on this website b/c we have one thing in common, we are here to make our lives healthier and more active via WLS. It starts NOW, not after our WLS. If we want to change how we feel and how we look we need to stop complaining and start motivating ourselves. I'm am not trying to be mean to any of the young girls on here, I am only 20 years old, and I remember what it feels like to be 15. And I have not had the easiest life. When I was 17 years old I was raped by a guy I hardly knew and I found out I was pregnant. My daughter will be 2 years old at the end of the summer. I am a single mother and I am a college sophomore. I am doing all of this by myself! And I have been in a relationship for almost 4 years off and on. And everytime I feel sad or lonely because he doesn't want to talk to me or we got into a fight, or I don't have enough money to pay my bills- I am not on this site posting about how I want to freakin' DIE!!! Grow up!!! Your life is not going to be one big playground! And OMG, so some silly boy said you were fat...SO WHAT!? Does he pay your bills (if you have any) or does he impact your life in any positive way!? Probably not! I am so sick of signing onto this site everyday and seeing some pathetic post about some stupid dramatic thing that has happened to you, and now someone is SUICIDAL! Go to a therapist if it's that bad! DO something, don't just sit around and feel sorry for yourself. Sorry if this seems harsh, but it has to be said, or this whole message board is gonna go to **** with a bunch of unmotivated, complaining 15 yr. olds. If you have something productive to talk about then post! ~Meggan
Jenny0327
on 5/10/04 4:06 am - GERMANTOWN, MD
i cannot believe you are so insensitive. people come here for support, whether it's about wls or not. i think it's nice to be able to come on here and be able to relate to eachother in more ways than just wls. i'm sorry to hear about what happened to you, but maybe you have support outside of this website. some people might not and this is their only place to get help. part of motivating ourselves has to start with getting support from other people. if you're having problems and you need someone to listen, why not post a message? you don't have to answer them if you don't want to, but maybe other people care. jenny
Shannon_Lee
on 5/10/04 4:52 am - Westminster, CA
OK I am sorry to hear what you went through and proud of you for being a single mom taking care of your child..BUT WHERE DO YOU GET OFF BEING SO DAMN RUDE AND INSENSATIVE?? Like Jenny said, you may have support outside of this board, and some may not. Courtney is 14 years old and you want to know what ****** me off so much about this? I know Courtney personally, and have had the pleasure of seeing her interact with kids when she was in the 5th grade. I also am a close friend of Meagan, who herself has gone through quite a bit. I am thankful the two of them decide to come to those of us who care and post their feelings instead of taking their lives. Courtney is 14 yrs old, she has so much left to live and so much more to experiance and it is people like you who are the reason behind the way people feel the way courtney does. if anyone needs to get over themselves it's you my friend.
Mandy S.
on 5/10/04 5:38 am - Olympia, WA
Wow~ I think what you had to say in your post was extremely rude. Sometimes we seek the help of others because we are ashamed to those close to us in the real world. By bashing someone younger then you.. your potentially harming them instead of helping them. Of course no one likes to hear what those girls had to say.. why because we care and suicide is not a joking matter.. we don't want anyone harmed.. but yelling at them sure isn't going ot make matters better. Your post was blunt.. but you ended up whining yourself.. so how could you be so hypocritcal. I think its wonderful that your a single mother and doing so great. You've changed your life for the better, thats great instead of slamming someone why don't you share how you got their with someone in need. Last, but not least I hope your not offended by anything I've said I think you just need to realize how many people you hurt. We are all here to support each other for WLS and in life in general. If you don't like it maybe you should go to the adult board after all you are 20. Sincerely, Mandy
megganmurphy
on 5/10/04 5:48 am - Evans, GA
You don't need to feel sorry for me, because I don't feel sorry for myself! WE ALL have gone through "quite a bit" and we're not all running around screaming for attention by posting some crazy message about wanting to die. AND, as FAT women/girls we have ALL probably had some guy make fun of our weight throughout our lives. I'm not sure what makes some girls more sensitive than others, however, I do know that "fatness" is NOT a valid excuse for wanting to DIE. In addition, I am not the reason why Courtney feels the way she feels. She feels that way b/c she WANTS to feel that way. I am not making fun of her, I am not excluding her, I am not telling her she is wrong for feeling sad--I am simply telling her to get over it. I certainly don't need to get over myself b/c I'm dealing with my problems in a mature fashion. If she really does want to die, she needs to get some serious help.
captainmelz
on 5/10/04 6:18 am - CRYSTAL LAKE, IL
20 IS A BIG AGE DIFFERENCE THAN 15 MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT BE SO HARSH THESE ARE KIDS YOUR AN ADULT
Sugar Free Lauri B
on 5/10/04 9:48 am - clinton township, MI
Get a GRIP!! You have not had your surgery yet, so you are clueless what over half of these people are complaning about or going through. Are you posting your problems for us to feel sorry for you?? Are you posting them to "complain"?? If you don't like a bunch of "15 year olds complaining" on this post....then go to a differnt board. Simple to do huh?? You should know as a 20 year old, that life of a 15 year old is much differnt. You stated in your uncalled for post that, you were "not trying to be mean" and you were "sorry if it was harsh". You know darn right it was childish, harsh and rude. That was your every intention, otherwise you would not have wrote it. You got the attention you wanted....are you happy?? Realize this post is for SUPPORT. Do you know what that mean??
Lisa L.
on 5/10/04 10:05 am - Bartlett, TN
Hi Meggan, I'm sorry if this seems harsh and i am not trying to be mean, but it sounds like you need to find you a whole other website. If you don't like this one don't come here. Simple as that. Just wanted to say to everyone that was offended by this that I love all of you and i myself am 19, have been thorugh everything you're going through and wish you the best. Feel free to email me anytime,even you Meggan - i think you need some support.
Lisa L.
on 5/10/04 10:07 am - Bartlett, TN
Sorry I forgot to give yall my email add- [email protected]
Lisa L.
on 5/10/04 10:11 am - Bartlett, TN
Meggan, Okay I just looked at your profile. You're a Christian? Boy im glad i didnt meet you before i became a Christian. Why dont you try being an example sometime. It feels really good.
Most Active