trying to find the balance

Latasha S.
on 7/11/04 1:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am 19 years old, and I will be starting my second year of college in August. I want to have the surgery as soon as possible, but I don't know how I can balance school and recovery.
Samantha C.
on 7/11/04 2:08 pm - Bay Area, CA
It's going to be hard. I am in the same situation as you, but I am going to be a senior in high school and I am hoping I have the surgery by the middle of october. If you want you can contact me and we can talk.
michelle S.
on 7/11/04 3:31 pm - chicago, IL
i am EXACTLY in the same situation emIL OR IM ME
seasicksquid
on 7/12/04 6:33 am - Madisonville, LA
I would suggest that you go ahead with all the testing and getting insurance approval, then figuring out when to schedule it. I'm in the same situation too, but I'm trying to push for it this summer. Unfortunately it means that I'm staying close to home for a semester for school instead of going 800 miles away in case of any problems, but I think it's worth it for me to have the surgery ASAP. If you go to school away from home, then I'd suggest waiting til next summer so that you have the full summer to recover and allow for any problems that may arise. If you're near home, then maybe just make sure to take a light courseload. I know that's what I'm going to be doing this fall. Best of luck. My AIM is seasicksquid if you ever want to talk or vent or whatever.
Latasha S.
on 7/12/04 7:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank You Lauren for replying. I go to school about a hour from my home, so distance is not a problem. A lighter course load is a good idea though
seasicksquid
on 7/12/04 10:50 am - Madisonville, LA
Let me know how everything goes. I really hope you can work everything out.
giggles83
on 7/12/04 11:06 am - Clarion, PA
This fall I will be a jr. in college. I had my surgery this last december the monday after finals was over and I did ok going back in jan.I am now 7 mths out. I had my highest GPA so far I got a 3.4. I was still a little tired but I focused more and did a lot better. If you have any questions or anything e-mail me [email protected]
Latasha S.
on 7/12/04 12:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Staci I am happy to hear about your successful surgery, and your success in school. Do you go to Clarion University? I am at Rosemont College
Shannon_Lee
on 7/12/04 4:51 pm - Westminster, CA
Hey Latasha, I just as the others know what ur thinking. I start college August 16th and am having surgery Sept. 8th. I have to be full time to keep my dads insurance. I decided the best way for me was to enroll for online courses. I was able to get all 4 online so that I can at least attempt getting things done while in the hospital. Besides, even if you aren't up for sitting at a computer have a family member help u out email me if you have any questions or wanna chat good luck Shannon
Latasha S.
on 7/13/04 2:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank You everyone for all of the support. This site is awesome! i have begun writing down all my questions for my consultation.
Most Active