Help..... I'm sick

jackie_p36
on 9/28/09 7:24 am
I woke up yesterday sick to my stomach.  Vomited in my sleep...WTH???  I have congestion, tight chest, diarreha and no appetite for anything but toast and juice.  I also have a pain below my neck but above my clevage.  It is swollen and feels like someone punched me but no bruise.  It's not anywhere near the highest incision or where I usually get the normal chest pain if I overeat.  I took Mucinex DM, proventil inhaler and cough drops but feel horrible.  I'm having a hard time eating because nothing that I should eat sounds good and I don't think I can keep high protein down. 
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 7:51 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Yea, none of that sounds good, girlie.  Have you made an appointment with a doctor, or are you going to a walk in clinic? 

All of that sounds worrisome.  :{
jackie_p36
on 9/28/09 7:54 am
Neither so far.  I have been uninsured since my divorce and have just got benefits at work.  They go in effect this Thursday so I'm trying to decide if I should wait or self pay.  I know they will want to run some tests and I can't afford it w/o ins. coverage.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 8:26 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Uggg.  Sorry.  I hope you feel better.   I will be thinking of you.
Sarah M.
on 9/28/09 11:11 am
I'm not sure where you live, but I believe either CVS or one of those minute clinics are offering free visits for unemployed people without insurance.
 Highest Weight: 283. Surgery Weight: 228 .Current Weight: 174
5'7"
23 Years Old
DX: PCOS at 13

hollykim
on 9/28/09 11:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Be very careful,Jackie,the symptoms you have are FLU symptoms! I agree that CVS and Maybe Walgreens clinics are not charging for those unemployed. All it takes is a phone call to see. Take care and hope you feel better soon.
Holly

Caraluna
on 9/28/09 8:14 am
Oh Jackie....this sounds yucky..sending you healing hugs~~~~
krkmed
on 9/28/09 8:35 am - Reno, NV

Sorry to hear!  Just my thoughts: a day or two of fluids and toast, even minus the protein, won't kill you.  On the flip side, dehydration might if you can't keep fluids down.  So as long as you can get some fluids in/down/etc, I don't necessarily think you need to rush in yet.  That being said, if you can't keep ANY fluids down, get to urgent care/ER ASAP, if only to get some IV fluids...just explain your insurance situation; I'm sure they'll try to accommodate holding off on major testing until the 1st, if they can.

Oh, and if you REALLY suspect you might have a leak, disregard what I just said, and get in ASAP...that's nothing to play with either.

Good luck, and feel better soon!

~Katherine

danacruz
on 9/28/09 9:04 am - Deltona, FL
Oh Jackie,
     I'm SO sorry you're feeling so bad :(
I wouldn't worry about the protein right now, just try to get as much fluids as you can. I totally understand with the medical, we don't have any either, it's so scary, but I'm very glad you will have some in a few days, don't hesitate to go if you don't feel any better and can't keep anything down. There is definitely something going around lately, just take care of yourself as much as you can.

Sending Chicken Soup Hugs your way

Dana

Dana                           
austinglobe
on 9/28/09 10:37 am - Austin, TX
I hope you can hold out long enough for Thursday without feeling worse.  I'm concerned for you.
Last fall I had similar symptoms and within a few weeks, I went from having bronchitis to pneumonia. 

I pray nothing gets worse before your appointment on Thursday.  Best wishes and let us know how you are doing.

Band to sleeve revision.  Please add me as a friend to view my profile.        
Most Active
Recent Topics