When I'm able to fit into smaller clothes...

farewell2fat
on 7/1/11 12:50 am - Apopka, FL
I automatically think that the clothes manufacturer must make their clothes bigger, as if to discount the fact that I'm actually that size now!! It's self sabotoge!! Why can't I accept the fact that I AM that size & just embrace it?! Anyone else do that???

newmeki
on 7/1/11 12:59 am - Saudi Arabia
OMG...I totally do the same thing. I waste alot of time in dressing rooms because I continue to pick out clothes that will no longer fit. I think that it takes a bit longer for my brain to connect with my body. It has only been 7 months but I literally do it every time. Even when I was in the States recently and shopping, I still could not make myself believe that I could wear the smaller size. It is weird. I thought I would be happy to be a smaller size, am I am happy, but i just wish my brainwould catch up.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

BethR311
on 7/1/11 1:27 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I know I still want to buy the biggest sizes available.  At WalMart that's a workable strategy.  At the plus size stores, not.  I am carrying safety pins everywhere I go now because the necks of a lot of my tops are too damn big!

Note to plus size clothing manufacturers ... we have big tummies and butts and boobs, oh my, but our NECKS aren't so big!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
sleevegirl
on 7/1/11 5:24 am - Austin, TX
Or Amazon women! I'm 5'6" with a 28" inseam (not kidding). I have a good 6-12" on most pants. I buy carpis to wear as pants! Annoying.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

gonersmom
on 7/1/11 8:39 am
Amen sistuh!!  I hate the fact the plus size clothing designers (are they really 'designers' or just merely sadists??) think that we all have necks the size of Jabba the Hut's stomach, AND that we all love to wear gaudy, ugly as hell prints!  LOL  

Best wishes in this journey!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 1:36 am
I'm just resisting getting smaller clothes to begin with.. every time I put something on and it's loose I say, oh I need to get smaller clothes.. but I can't bring myself to do it. It's like I'm subconsciously not expecting this to last or something.. So, yeah- I understand. For now, I' walking around in droopy-butt clothes.. maybe if I get something that fits, it will make it more real to me.
Elena22
on 7/1/11 2:24 am
My cousin, who also has lost a ton of weight, told me to get rid of the big clothes and stop allowing them to live in my closet.  She said for her having those clothes there is kinda like expecting to return to them at some point.  So I plan to do a major clothing purge at some point that I feel comfortable doing it.
~ Elena.

Crabadams72
on 7/1/11 3:53 am - Silver Spring, MD
I was never comfortable with my weight going up over the years so I bought very little (compared to how I used to shop when I was smaller). The day before surgery I took all the winter items and bagged them up!. I have already gotten my baggy pants out of my closet. I've lost enough in this short time to be down a size in pants and 2 sizes down in dresses!.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views