My Journey...after 6 days

injeneral
on 8/19/11 7:49 am
Hey! :) 
During my pre-op class our nurse said it was very important to take the PPI whether or not you felt reflux because it helps with internal healing of the sleeve. Acids can attack the delicate stitching/stapling up the side and PPIs help prevent that. You should start taking them daily! :) I just open mine and sprinkle the insides on whatever I'm eating (thinned cream of wheat, nsa applesauce, sf pudding, etc.)
cristalpoppin
on 8/18/11 11:23 pm, edited 8/18/11 11:25 pm - Austin, TX
I didn't get PPIs (proton pump inhibitors) or a drain either. PPIs
Reduce stomach acid that can "trick your brain into thinking you're hungry" I have no idea what a drain is.

I just know about them from reading about them on here ... But I've been doing fine so far without them lol anytime I randomly Feel insanely hungry (happened 4 times so far) I just drink some water and it passes :D
Starting weight: 350 Weight at surgery (8/12/11): 320 Long-term goal: lose 200 lbs!

Kim_M
on 8/18/11 10:04 pm - LaPorte, TX
Sounds scary but please check with Dr. I have never heard of anyone going to mushys in a week .I was on liquids for 3 weeks then pureed then soft.foods.I have heard of some being on  liquids for 1 month then straight to mushy. I don't think unless it is the juce you drink that you are ready for peanuts boiled or not!!Just check

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 4:22 am
I hope everything gets better hun, but had to LOL when you said this:

These protein shakes are the devil's nectar, I'm convinced.

I agree!!!
J.e.t.
on 8/19/11 8:09 am
 Wow, is that routine for your doctor to send his patients home on the same day?  That seems odd, as well as the fact that you were dehydrated on the same day as surgery!  Very scary.  Were your children at home when you fainted?  I have little ones too, and I'm so concerned about scaring them with any of this!

I'm struck by how different all the procedures and instructions are with all the different surgeons.  It feels a little like this is so new that it's sort of a free for all!  Has anyone else felt that way??

HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views