Appeal denied

Jeanne T.
on 8/19/11 8:23 am
Investigative, I do have it in writing.  I do have access online to my policy, and I will check on the next level. Thank you for the imput.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/19/11 8:55 am - Tuvalu

In California, on my policies, I think I have to appeal through the company twice and then I can go to the state.

And no offense to any Insurance Company CSR's who are online here...but I have my OWN SPECIAL CSR at Aetna BC because they make mistake after mistake after mistake and MOST of the CSR's I talk to don't know half of what I do about my policy.  (I just finished a FOUR YEAR battle trying to explain to them that when I turn 65 they will be SECONDARY to Medicare...like every other retired Medicare recipient in the country.  They--and I mean every single one I talked to--were SURE that they would be primary.  FOUR YEARS.  I kid you not.)

Anyway...read about your grievance and appeal rights.

Birdie55
on 8/19/11 8:13 am
If you truly want the sleeve, consider self pay either in the US or in Mexico.  And just so you know, many insurances considered the VSG investigational and gradually they have been approving it.  So, if it is not allowed now, it might be in the future.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

tman0730
on 8/19/11 11:24 am
I have BCBS NC and they did not cover sleeve as they said it was investigational but as of July 1st 2011 it is covered! Makes me really happy.  So check with you insurance company to see if there are plans to cover it.  I'm sure as more and more insurance co. start to cover it, others will follow suite.  I guess just depends on if you want to wait on the what if or when...

Best of luck,  I hope things work out for you.

B. Bap
on 8/20/11 7:30 am
If you think that VSG surgery is best for you, I say appeal. But have to 2000% sure, because it is a fight. It can be long and hard.
I was 2000% sure that VSG was best for me and fought. Fought through 2 appeals and eventually I was approved. I can give you a copy of my letter. If you are interested, send me msg with your email address.
Of course most of us on this site are going to suggest VSG, but the decision is yours.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views