OMG, I've lost 100 pounds!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 1:40 am - Castle Rock, CO
congrats girl.. wtg! good to see you after so long, continued success to you!
carrierae
on 8/30/11 4:08 am - WA
CONGRATS! I am using Chebli as my surgeon as well. My surgery is scheduled for 11/21. I was a bit nervous about him using a 40F bougie but sounds like I dont need to be worried.

Any advice you have for me let me know!

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

LunaLovegood
on 8/30/11 5:01 am - WA
Hi Carrierae,

Congratulations to you on your surgery!  I was worried about the 40F too, but I still have great restriction (I can eat about 1/4-1/2 cup of food depending on what it is - I can eat lots of veggies and fruits and junky carbs :( but if I am good about following the plan and focusing on protein and all of the other things in the diet plan, I lose weight pretty well.  I went through a rough patch of my own making, but I kicked myself in the butt and I'm losing again, at a rate of about 2-3 pounds a week.  Now if I could kick my exercise into gear I'm sure it would be even better!  My advice to you is to follow the plan, don't do anything too early, don't let the head hunger win!  And if you see old behaviors creeping back in, come to the boards or go to your friends and family for support.  It helped me get back on track. 

Also, if you live anywhere near Puyallup, there is a great consignment shop there with an upstairs clearance area - I got pants for $3.00!  It's called Jewell's.  I can't wait to see you posting about your 100 pound weight loss in just a few short months!
LunaLovegood
on 8/30/11 4:53 am - WA
Thanks everybody!  It is such a great feeling.  I had a period of time where I was making bad choices (and I paid for it with slow weight loss), but that's behind me now.  I have truly realized that the mental issues (head hunger, cravings, defeatest behavior) are my number one enemy but my surgeon gave me a great tool and I am going to use it right.  Only 72 pounds to go!!!!!

Oh and my ticker only reflects weight lost post-op.  I lost 25 pounds pre-op to make it an even 100 (well 100.8 this morning :) 

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 241 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views