OMG, lots of pain! Very Intense

jessiesquash
on 9/11/11 3:09 pm - AZ
 Nolabean504, can I ask how it was diagnosed and what they prescribed?  I think that might be my problem and I'm just wondering what to expect.  PM me if you would prefer to keep it more private.  I would really appreciate it!!

nolabean504
on 9/12/11 1:37 am - Metairie, LA
Well I tried to go to urgent care because I was terrified it may happen again and they would not accept my insurance, so I decided since I had residual pain and and a screaming headache, I went to the emergency room.  Everyone from intake to unltrasound said gallstones.  They diagnosed it with a Xray and a abdominal ultrasound, there is no treatment except for surgery and not to eat fatty foods.  If you had what I had, I can't imagine having it twice.

jessiesquash
on 9/13/11 8:37 am - AZ
Thanks for the response!  I have an ultrasound on Thursday but the nurse was pretty convinced based on my symptoms that it is gallstones.  Not thrilled but I'm glad to know what it is.  I thought I was doing something wrong!  I have to agree that it is the worst pain I've ever felt and my only excuse for waiting so long to call the doctor is that I'm horribly stubborn and more than a little afraid of the hospital.  (Who knows how I managed to go through the WLS...)  I'm just glad it isn't something more dangerous!  I'm crossing my fingers that surgery won't be necessary for you or for me but I will just have to see what they say!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views