Deciding between VSG & RNY Still not sure which is best for me. What was the deciding...

Becky T.
on 10/18/11 4:46 am - MN
VSG on 06/04/12
Wishing you the best of luck Gypsy. I am in your same exact boat right now. I have done TONS of reasearch and have my mind set on having the VSG done. I have my info session on 11/3 and hopefully things will be smooth sailing from there. Like you said, what I'm most terrified about is if insurance will cover or not. I only have a BMI of 37, but I do have hypertension and high cholesterol. So...fingers crossed! I called my insurance and the procedure is covered at 80% with a max out of pocket-- As long as I am approved and do all of the necessary steps required. Best of luck and keep us posted on your journey :)

5'4"  HW: 222   SW: 212   GW: 140   CW range: 118-123    

GypsyMom3
on 10/18/11 6:17 am
RNY on 09/17/12
Thank you! I still would like to have the VSG done. But I have had people asking me why I want it done and not the RNY. I keep hearing different opinions on it from people who have had surgery done and it is making me really wonder which is best at this point. I am hoping once I go to the seminar and chat with the surgeon I will feel better about it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views