whats wrong???

bklyncat58
on 10/21/11 3:00 am - NJ
I hope I didn't go thru this for nothing or to only lose another 20 lbs. Had my surgery on the 13th working on drinking my 2nd bottle of water which is 20oz each. I had some ricotta cheese for breakfast maybe 2 or 3 oz I forced myself to stop eating. Now it's lunch time and we bought some of those starkist tuns salad packets they are 3 oz . they are going down fine. and tmi but I'm spitting out the little bits of onion . but I think i can finiish the whole thing . I'm so worried that this surgery is not going to work for me Help again

bxbeba
on 10/21/11 3:35 am - NY
You only had your surgery on the 13th and you're eating such solid foods?  For almost the first two weeks I was only allowed liquids and my protein drinks.  It wasn't until my first doc visit after surgery that he told me i can start with a scrambled egg.  Are you getting in your protein with your shakes?  Are you following what your doctor has told you to eat and your nut?  This just seems like of food for someone who is only 8 days out. 

T-

bklyncat58
on 10/21/11 4:01 am - NJ
I went to my doc for my first week check up and he put me on pureed. . so its' ok didn't eat all the tuna pouch . I want to LOL. but my stomache gets kinda crampy and gurgles what does that mean??  THEN waited my 30 to 45 to drink my water
Ms. Poker Face
on 10/21/11 4:09 am, edited 10/21/11 5:59 am
You are still early out from surgery with a freshly cut, stapled and mangled new tummy.  Some of your nerves may have been affected, therefore not allowing you to feel everything that's going on in there.  I had to be on liquids for 2 weeks and even after that, I went really slow on pureed.  I had tuna on pureed, but I blended it with some liquid so it would go down without any chunks.  Onions were not allowed until I was on soft foods.

So, I say slow down.  Add only one new food per day.  Each little tiny bites and certainly don't eat over 2 oz.  Your tummy is healing and you certainly don't want to pu**** to the point of injury or leak.

The gurgling is normal.  For some, it last months or years.  The cramping may be a sign that you are eating too fast or too much.  It takes time for our new tummies to adjust.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

denebbers
on 10/21/11 4:37 am - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Dear Sleeve Sista,

I think you may be over reacting a bit Even though I'm super jealous that you are at that stage already, remember to time your meals and eat slow slow slow. After your 30 mins are up, put away the food and continue on sipping. It's all a mind re-work. YOU CAN DO THIS!! You can bet your lucky stars you will have some sort of restriction, if you're not feeling it right now, it may just the food you are eating.. Keep positive and remember they just took out half your stomach!!

lots of good karma your way,

Deneb

bklyncat58
on 10/21/11 5:39 am - NJ
thank you all. Like all of us Failed every diet out there or lose 20,40, or even 60 lbs just to gain it all back and then some . just so worried this will be like the past. good luck to all
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views