V-8 juice

bklyncat58
on 11/2/11 6:32 am - NJ
had surgery on Oct. 13th when can I drink some V-8 juice. It ways on my pre-op menu and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice thick drink and reminds me of tomatoe soup. Going back to the Dr. on Mon. the 8th will ask then . Can I have like beef stew if I puree it I'm on pureed foods now.

asweetiepye
on 11/2/11 6:42 am
I would say V8 is fine. If you are prone to heartburn I would definitely take some protonix, gaviscon, or something before you eat it. I have had severe heartburn after surgery associated with tomato products.Needless to say I stay away from them. Beef stew I'm not sure. Are you pureeing the potatoes in it too. I wasn't allowed beef till week 7 and I can't have steak or anything like that till 12/11 (16 weeks).
tripmom02
on 11/2/11 6:47 am - NJ
 I avoid those kinds of things b/c the protine/carb ratio is not good enough. There is only 2 grams of protine to 10 grams of carbs in 8 ounces, and I just can't make it fit into my plan. Yes, you can have pureed beef stew, but I would really make sure to make it smooth, with no chunks. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

blakereimert
on 11/2/11 6:51 am - TX
I agree with tripmom, too many carbs, not enough protein and can cause too much acid in your new tummy.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 6:58 am
It was several weeks, and it went down fine- but.. I am on a PPI and I added a scoop of unflavored protein powder to it along with all the add ins and spices to make a protein bloody mary (no vodka!!) If you do make this- Nectar Unflavored works best, mix in with a mini whisk or fork, let it sit for a few and mix again.. add ice, spices etc.. I have no issues with hot & spicy stuff, but again I was around a month out before I even tried plain V8.

I have it once in a while, when I want the carb hit.. 10g is more than half of what I get in a normal day..
Soosy
on 11/2/11 11:01 am - TX
I was allowed the light version of vfusion even in the post op liquid stage. But not the regular v8 juice. I drank orange juice (low acid) and 1 serving of milk during my 3 Rd week and my Dr and dietician frowned on it. But my program is super strict!
mandyc1975
on 11/3/11 2:43 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I drink the 5 oz cans of V8. definately not more than 1 / day. but I am always eating meat to get protein and since I never have enough room to eat veggies, I use V8, My doc said it is fine as long as I can tollerate it being acidic.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Hislady
on 11/3/11 7:28 am - Vancouver, WA
Use some of the V8 juice to lube your meat then you get your protein and the juice flavor. My DH makes a mean stew with V8 juice for the liquid.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views